Or Continue to Thread: [ROM] [ICS|MTD] [GSM/CDMA] AOK…
Find Your Device:
29th February 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Developer
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,196

4,464 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpz0r

Android Open Kang Project (AOKP)

for Samsung Galaxy Tab (GSM)

this rom is a BETA, it is NOT complete. it will definitely have bugs or things that don't work the way they should. FLASHING THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! i take no responsibility for any damage flashing this rom may cause to your tablet, computer, family members, pets, the environment, or the planet. remember, by downloading this rom and flashing it on your tablet, you accept that it may not work as it should.

this rom is based on the SGT7 ICS Te4m's device and vendor files, therefore anything not working in the CM9 build, won't work on this.

after seeing that there was an official build of AOKP for the Verizon Tab, i decided to see if i could get it working on the GSM Galaxy Tab. Using the ICS Te4m's device/vendor and kernel for CM9 and AOKP source, i kept fiddling until it worked. the result is this rom.

this would not have been possible without the hard work by the ICS TE4M, and by TeamKang, i just changed a few things around to get it working.

the main feature of AOKP is the Rom Control menu in settings, it allows you to tweak a lot of things to suit your needs, currently some dont work like they should on a tablet, but im sure they will be fixed in the future. take a look at the second screenshot in post #2 for a taste. as a bonus you get a pink boot animation with a unicorn. :P

this version is currently based on build 25, which is one behind current. once ive setup my github / repo i will update to build 26.

FROM A PREVIOUS ICS BUILD / EXT4 COMPATIBLE ROM ::
(the menus in CWM recovery may be different to the ones listed below)
  • copy the rom onto your SD card or internal memory
  • reboot in to ClockworkMod Recovery
  • go to install -> choose from either internal / external sd card -> navigate and select the zip file
  • go to wipe menu
  • select both "wipe data / factory reset" and "wipe dalvik cache"
  • reboot

** NOTE ** there has been a bug in the latest CWM recovery included in HumberOS's kernel that may cause a bootloop when you try to reboot from the recovery menu. if this happens, in CWM recovery select "reboot to download mode" and turn the tab off / on to reboot.

FROM STOCK / RFS ROM ::

follow Team Overcomes excellent installation guide --> HERE until step 10 and then follow the above instructions.

** NOTE ** the edify script in this rom includes an EXT4 converter, it may work from any rom with a working recovery, but i personally have never tested it.

** NOTE ** at the moment, i have only included a download for the standard P1000, since this is SGT7 Te4m ICS/CM9 based, and uses HumberOS's excellent kernels, this SHOULD work on the P1000L and P1000N variants with the right kernel (i personally cant test it with those kernels). I HAVE NOT INCLUDED THESE KERNELS YET, but i definately will include CWM recovery flashable kernels for these devices the future.

the rom uses a zImage kernel, so unlike current builds of CM9, you do not need to flash a kernel separately (if you are installing on a GT-P1000).

BUILD 25 ::

ROM (P1000) - [ :: DOWNLOAD :: ]

SOURCE ::

source will be available when i setup the github / repo. check this space!

first and foremost, without the use of SGT7 ICS Te4m's device, vendor and kernel this project would never have worked. their excellent work has gotten all of us ICS on the galaxy tab, and personally i am forever grateful for their work.

also without TeamKang, the people behind AOKP, this release would never have been possible. they have put in a massive amount of work to get this working for a lot of devices.

so without further ado, i thank the following:

THE SGT7 ICS/CM9 TE4M ::

angel_666
cdesai
humberos
jt1134
koxudaxi
red_rebel
sbrady
Techomancer

>> check out their CM9 development forum --> HERE
>> check out their github --> https://github.com/sgt7

TEAMKANG (THE CREATORS OF AOKP) ::

Roman
Whitehawkx
ProTekk
Zaphod-Beeble
Sethyx

also i cant forget:

CyanogenMod - one of the greatest custom rom teams ever. first rom i ever flashed on my first android phone, and the pioneers in multi handset / tablet development. without them ICS wouldn't have spread so far, and so quickly.

Shall flash this when I get wifi again

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ayysir For This Useful Post: [ View ]