Or Continue to Thread: [Q] Instructions on HowTo Port…
Find Your Device:
2nd March 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,862

2,850 posts
More
Newbery ryViewse
I've been using the White Rabbit 1.3 rom for the past 6 hours or so and have really been enjoying it. It does have a few issues though. The apn settings for att are incorrect so it won't connect (same as CM9) and I can't get usb tethering to work at all. At first, the phone recognizes usb as being connected, then when you enable, it instantly disables and the phone will bootloop every 5 minutes or so. Not really bootloop, but it does reset to the boot screen. It really sucks because this is a good rom I'd like to use but usb tethering is a must for me. Other than the tethering issue, this seemed to be stable rom and its worth trying it out.

I've included a patch to fix the camera, apn problems, and an edited build.prop. Install the rom as usuall, reboot to change to 2nd_boot, go to recovery and install the bravopatch-whiterabbit1.3.zip.

Does anybody know which program controls usb tethering? I suspect usb.apk but I'm not sure. Since I haven't had any problems whatsoever with Epsylon3's 20120212 nightly, I'll try using it's usb.apk and hope it works.

I tried upb.apk and usbd from 20120212 with no success, but it did stop the bootloop issue. I also noticed that this rom was based on KANG 20.02. I've never used or ported a KANG rom, so maybe the tethering issue is kang specific? I'll flash a kang rom tomorrow to check.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bravopatch-whiterabbit1.3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.60 MB, 33 views)
Last edited by skeevydude; 2nd March 2012 at 06:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ]