[App][ICS] Boid Twitter app v0.8.8 [BETA]

Search This thread

madeincanon

Jun 24, 2011
Jacksonville
The Boid team has released an alpha version of their beautiful upcoming twitter app. The design is based on Ice Cream Sandwich and incorporates swipe gestures, themes, and an overall beautiful interface.

I am in no way affiliated with the development of this app, I just support it because I think its awesome.

Please report bugs via the crash dialogue or email aidan@boidapp.com. Also if you post logcat dialogues here, I will forward them to the Boid team.

You can find them at Boidapp.com, or follow @Boidapp on Twitter.

** Most recent changelog

- Poll notifications and contact syncing (still experimental), click an account manager list item to show settings.
- Username auto-completion in Tweet composer
- Font size customization!
- New profile viewer
- In-app donation
- New composer draft system
- Pure black theme
- Night mode (accessed via settings)
- Global trends viewing
- New Column Manager
- Fixed contextual actionbar behavior
- Edit your own profiles
- Fixed media timeline
- Improved local trend viewing
- Overhauled muting system

View the Google Docs document here for future releases
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1toRvrrNLRI-02ec39MqBlsZ5TBa190wk8NUl5M8_01o/view?pli=1

Here's the Play Store link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamboid.twitter

And some screenshots

large.png
large.png

large.png
large.png

large.png
large.png

large.png

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010
nice..but if u change the color will be better

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Draak22

Jan 3, 2011
Would look better if the background had the black ICS gradient (like in settings menu) with blue elements so it fits the looks of ice cream sandwich more.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

DnaPolymerase

Sep 17, 2011
Looks promising, I'll be sure to check this as soon as it goes stable. Now I'm on Twicca, which is already good, but if Boid would be better I'll consider switching.

madeincanon

Jun 24, 2011
Jacksonville
I've never used Twicca. I'll try it out though.

A few of you will be happy to see that Boid will soon come in a new, dark theme!

Screenshot

AnMSurOCEAErP68.png

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010
blue theme will be AMAZING (like Poeple app color in ICS) + it's need "Copy" feature

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Draak22

Jan 3, 2011
Hooray! A dark theme! Now all I need is reply and ability to add media. Starting to look promising!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

madeincanon

Jun 24, 2011
Jacksonville
I don't develop this app, I just wanted to share it with everyone because I think its awesome.

I believe the icon is white because its still in the alpha stage. Once the full version is released, I'm sure it will be the standard Boid light-green.

Last edited:

madeincanon

Jun 24, 2011
Jacksonville
Same here! I seriously need that feature to use it on a daily basis. It looks awesome, but please add this feature. Without the ability to open links and media a twitter client is very much useless. Please add it! :)

Completely agree. I still have to use the official Twitter app for my real tweet browsing. Can't wait till this is added.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Boid team has released an alpha version of their beautiful upcoming twitter app. The design is based on Ice Cream Sandwich and incorporates swipe gestures, themes, and an overall beautiful interface.

I am in no way affiliated with the development of this app, I just support it because I think its awesome.

Please report bugs via the crash dialogue or email aidan@boidapp.com. Also if you post logcat dialogues here, I will forward them to the Boid team.

You can find them at Boidapp.com, or follow @Boidapp on Twitter.

** Most recent changelog

- Poll notifications and contact syncing (still experimental), click an account manager list item to show settings.
    - Username auto-completion in Tweet composer
    - Font size customization!
    - New profile viewer
    - In-app donation
    - New composer draft system
    - Pure black theme
    - Night mode (accessed via settings)
    - Global trends viewing
    - New Column Manager
    - Fixed contextual actionbar behavior
    - Edit your own profiles
    - Fixed media timeline
    - Improved local trend viewing
    - Overhauled muting system

View the Google Docs document here for future releases
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1toRvrrNLRI-02ec39MqBlsZ5TBa190wk8NUl5M8_01o/view?pli=1

Here's the Play Store link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamboid.twitter

And some screenshots

large.png
    large.png

large.png
    large.png

large.png
    large.png

large.png

Beta update coming soon

Yeah I preferred the text at the top of columns rather than the new icons. It looked a lot better and more ICS-like.

They're going to give you the option to change back to text in the next update.
    v0.7.16 is up. Changelog:

Very important bug fixes
    Saved position in timeline (finally!)
    New Dark/light theme
    Improved memory handling for images, no more out of memory errors
    UI translation updates
    Sharing via Boid from external apps works again
    Clicking image in tweet viewer shows the media in full screen
    I will look into the problems you guys are having. It's most likely something to do with the Market (for marcosius) or for barrist, it may be a internet problem. Any how, I've listed them in our private support document.

If any of you have Twitter, you can tweet us to get support, one of us is on there most of the day :)

Phil, Team Boid