QCell galaxy nexus 2050mAh Slim battery review

Search This thread

awong12

Feb 5, 2012
i got myself the QCell galaxy nexus 2050mAh Slim battery review from amazon.com

I used it for one week now. With stock battery i am getting 7 hours with light browsing and phone call. With QCell battery i'm getting around 8 hours.

Will post more update with more usage.

psycho2097

Nov 1, 2010
Raleigh
i got myself the QCell galaxy nexus 2050mAh Slim battery review from amazon.com

I used it for one week now. With stock battery i am getting 7 hours with light browsing and phone call. With QCell battery i'm getting around 8 hours.

Will post more update with more usage.

can you do a more detailed analysis of the battery pls? screen on time playing a full 720p movie on a loop? white background screen on time?

3ddyz

Dec 5, 2011
France
If anyone has any idea where I can buy one of these from outside the US, please let me know ^^. I live in France so anywhere that can deliver to Europe really. Thanks ;)

halo0

Jun 3, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Hmm, I wish I would have known about this before, I would have tried it out. I just received the official Samsung 2000mAh battery and cover from SK. Cost me like $45 on ebay.

edit: although I note the qcell battery does not appear to support NFC...

Reactions: ckang008

ckang008

Jan 1, 2012
These batteries are quite good. The charger is very handy in charging up the spares. Highly recommend this

jim13524

Aug 28, 2010
I've bought a bunch of 3rd party batteries for my previous phones (Nexus One, Sensation), and have found that they're pretty much all crap and any perceived gains are simply psychological. Actual batteries mAh ratings are often significantly exaggerated on the product labeling, this can easily be determined by peeling off the label and looking for serial and model numbers printed on the metal battery casing. Googleing these numbers brings up product data sheets from manufacturers in China with the actual mAh rating.

I now only buy OEM batteries as I think it's the only way of ensuring your getting what you think you are. Think of it this way, if Samsung could pack more mAh into a specific size, they probably would. The size of a battery is limited by the battery technology, so if you calculate the mAh/gram density of the OEM battery I would use that as a guideline. 3rd party batteries advertising densities higher than that are probably exaggerating the actual capacity.

Reactions: theking_13

GPSRider

Sep 6, 2010
San Juan
Jim, completely agree, and have usually found non-OEM batteries to be total crap, however it's possible to find some that aren't. I bought some PowerGen batteries for my Nexus One about a year ago and they've given me performance on par with the OEM battery. I made that purchase based on positive reviews and since they only cost about $10 (IIRC), way cheaper than OEM, it was a good risk and deal. Worked for me. I'm hoping the QCell batteries will be the same, but haven't seen enough positive reviews to know yet...

GR

napes22

May 16, 2008
I don't want to come off as a completely cynic (which I will), but the two people talking about these QCell batteries are named "ckang008" and "awong12." The latter of the two has 3 total posts on XDA, and "ckang" has a handful of posts since registering this past January (55 total) talking up these QCell batteries for all different devices. Again, they could both be very real people, but this thread to me seems like a bit of a hoax.

But if this thread in fact legit, I do agree with Jim and GPSRider as I have similar experiences with OEM vs non-OEM batteries in the past.

teomor

Mar 23, 2011
Any updates? I've bought 3rd party batteries before, for my HTC Sensation. Something similar, 2x1900mAh + charger, but theose were Anker, and they were pretty good. Lasted longer than the stock one.
I'm considering trying these as I find it very comfortable to have spare batteries and a battery charger.

androidtoy09

Jun 2, 2009
I don't want to come off as a completely cynic (which I will), but the two people talking about these QCell batteries are named "ckang008" and "awong12." The latter of the two has 3 total posts on XDA, and "ckang" has a handful of posts since registering this past January (55 total) talking up these QCell batteries for all different devices. Again, they could both be very real people, but this thread to me seems like a bit of a hoax.

But if this thread in fact legit, I do agree with Jim and GPSRider as I have similar experiences with OEM vs non-OEM batteries in the past.

I can understand your skepticism. I am one hell of skeptical person too. But I do owe these Qcell batteries (I bought a pair with a charger) and have had them for 4/5 months now. No problems absolutely.

Take the 2050mah for granted. They are not any higher than stock. But the build quality is very good at least for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: teomor

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
I've had great experience with my 2100 vzw extended battery but that's made by Samsung.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (VZW) using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hmm, I wish I would have known about this before, I would have tried it out. I just received the official Samsung 2000mAh battery and cover from SK. Cost me like $45 on ebay.

edit: although I note the qcell battery does not appear to support NFC...
    If anyone has any idea where I can buy one of these from outside the US, please let me know ^^. I live in France so anywhere that can deliver to Europe really. Thanks ;)

Try here. not sure if they can ship to u from uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/QCell-Samsu...5KDS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330062040&sr=8-1
    I've bought a bunch of 3rd party batteries for my previous phones (Nexus One, Sensation), and have found that they're pretty much all crap and any perceived gains are simply psychological. Actual batteries mAh ratings are often significantly exaggerated on the product labeling, this can easily be determined by peeling off the label and looking for serial and model numbers printed on the metal battery casing. Googleing these numbers brings up product data sheets from manufacturers in China with the actual mAh rating.

I now only buy OEM batteries as I think it's the only way of ensuring your getting what you think you are. Think of it this way, if Samsung could pack more mAh into a specific size, they probably would. The size of a battery is limited by the battery technology, so if you calculate the mAh/gram density of the OEM battery I would use that as a guideline. 3rd party batteries advertising densities higher than that are probably exaggerating the actual capacity.

I can understand your skepticism. I am one hell of skeptical person too. But I do owe these Qcell batteries (I bought a pair with a charger) and have had them for 4/5 months now. No problems absolutely.

Take the 2050mah for granted. They are not any higher than stock. But the build quality is very good at least for me.