[Guide] How to add lyrics on stock music player

Search This thread

bratboo

Dec 20, 2009
How to add lyrics on stock music player

1. Ready your lyrics and copy paste on notepad

2. Search for the song and right click it and choose properties (Make sure its in .mp3 format)

Ly-1.jpg

3. Go to Summary Tab

Ly-2.jpg

4. Copy and Paste besire the Lyrics catergory

Ly-3.jpg

5. Done!

Ly-4.png

slacka123

Jun 2, 2012
There is no LYRICS tag in MP3 files for me. Is this Windows dependent? What version are you using?

Yes this procedure does not work for me either.

The real problem is that Android does not natively read the ID3 lyrics tag. So, I put in a new feature request that would give Android the ability to read ULT and USLT ( lyrics ) ID3 tags. This will allow the native and 3rd party music players to display lyrics, like the iOS and Windows Phone players currently can.
If you want this feature in Android, please star the request below:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=32547

Last edited:

Mecsad

Mar 21, 2012

Is there any way to add lyrics with orginal music player, not with PC?
For example you download a music and wana add it's lyric simultanously.

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
Try TuneWiki

TuneWiki can fetch lyrics and artwork online. It also has a basic tag editor. It has a pretty good database and a user community. You can edit the lyrics, change color, font, artwork,etc. It also has Song ID, like Shazaam.
But, the lyrics seem to be in a proprietary format and doesn't save to id3 lyrics tag. musiXmatch also seems good, but i couldn't test it as Google Play says it's incompatible wid my device.
It would have been better if there's an app that fetches metadata/tag info( including lyrics if possible) automatically from internet and save to music files. Do anybody know of such an app for Android?

Last edited:

LoVeRice

Mar 14, 2011
Manila
Ugh musixmatch is a different app and it doesnt put lyrics on your mp3s..

Via GT-N7OOO using XDA_Elite App_HD

HEXcube

Aug 18, 2012
HEXcube.github.io
musiXmatch & MiniLyrics

Ugh musixmatch is a different app and it doesnt put lyrics on your mp3s..

Via GT-N7OOO using XDA_Elite App_HD

It doesn't embed lyrics inside music files but it does show lyrics. It is similar to TuneWiki. These lyrics are synchronised too. But, the problem is that they don't save/embed lyrics with the music. It would have been better if they saved the lyrics in some format embedded or even as an external LRC for later use.
Minilyrics also seems to be good (For lyrics alone!). It claims to play both USLT( unsynchronised) and SYLT (synchronised) fields in ID3v2 tag and LRC. I don't know if the Android app can write tags( desktop one does). It's just a minimal player(even minimal than the stock player, i think) and doesn't have all the bells and whistles like the ones i mentioned above. If lyrics is your only thing go for it. But, i(and most others) want something which finds all the Album Art, metadata, and other Tag info. Anyway, the minilyrics app doesn't currently work in my device, says failed to read internet data. :( But, that's just me,i guess. ;)

Last edited:

FootSlave

May 8, 2012
Northeim
musiXmatch works as standalone app or just for Lyrics!

I'm using poweramp AND musiXmatch.
When I hear a Song musiXmatch shows me in Statusbar if there is a lyricsfile for it and when I tap on it it opens.

Poweramp plays in background and in opened musiXmatch I have the lyrics ;)

For me MusiXmatch works very good, and if I didn't payed for PowerAmp I would just use musiXmatch like years before on PC!

hcfte

Jan 8, 2013
Fix cover art in Musixmatch

I also have Poweramp and am using Musixmatch with it. When I open the Musixmatch app it has some how loaded pictures from my photo album as cover art and I didn't feel like paying Musixmatch to fix their problem so what I ended up doing is downloaded Cover Art Downloader from the playstore and it automatically found the right cover art and replaced the photos.

adityab721

Jan 3, 2013
Mumbai
not working for windows 7!

when i earlier had windows xp i used to work with it...but after upgrading to windows 7 there is no such option! what should i do??? please help! i even tried tag scanner and more such apps ...but the song dosent opens after add the lyrics to it! help pleaseeee...!!!

Nazgul1987

Jan 23, 2014
Thanks! It works for a new songs and for some it doesn't. But lyrics are available for the music I normally listen. So, happy!.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to add lyrics on stock music player

1. Ready your lyrics and copy paste on notepad

2. Search for the song and right click it and choose properties (Make sure its in .mp3 format)

Ly-1.jpg

3. Go to Summary Tab

Ly-2.jpg

4. Copy and Paste besire the Lyrics catergory

Ly-3.jpg

5. Done!

Ly-4.png
    LyricsDog on google play adds lyrics to mp3 files, it's the easiest way.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2