SLCD2 vs Super Amoled HD

Search This thread

robt772000

Mar 21, 2010
I thought I might start a discussion. I have a One X on pre order and will give my Gnex to my wife.
After reading Paul O'briens review of the One X I must say that the screen sounds amazing. Is LCD the future? Is Amoled no longer the best?

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
I thought I might start a discussion. I have a One X on pre order and will give my Gnex to my wife.
After reading Paul O'briens review of the One X I must say that the screen sounds amazing. Is LCD the future? Is Amoled no longer the best?

Where did you read his review please? :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

w1nter456

Oct 9, 2010

No, Amoled is still the future. However, right now LCD currently is the best, since LCD has best battery life and non-pentile with ultra-high resolution. Why I say Amoled is the future it is because amoled has not require back-light which means you saw dark is completely dark, high colour saturation, 100% viewing angle and thinner. However, it has poor battery life when display white images(almost 3x higher power consumption than IPS-LCD display), too high contrast, too high colour saturation but already solved by now and high cost. That is why everyone right now prefer IPS/S.LCD 2 over HD S.Amoled. If Samsung solve this problem should be 1 year or 2. Then, LCD will be dead.

Reactions: myself11

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
No, Amoled is still the future. However, right now LCD currently is the best, since LCD has best battery life and non-pentile with ultra-high resolution. Why I say Amoled is the future it is because amoled has not require back-light which means you saw dark is completely dark, high colour saturation, 100% viewing angle and thinner. However, it has poor battery life when display white images(almost 3x higher power consumption than IPS-LCD display), too high contrast, too high colour saturation but already solved by now and high cost. That is why everyone right now prefer IPS/S.LCD 2 over HD S.Amoled. If Samsung solve this problem should be 1 year or 2. Then, LCD will be dead.
HTC announced that the SLCD2 that they are using has been modified by HTC.

To give fantastic contrast levels & to improve the contrast levels.

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
From the copious amount of videos I've seen the viewing angle is great (same as any other LCD like my desire z) and the blacks look very black, nearly the same as the black bezel around it.

It all comes down to personal preferences. I think after a few hours most people are happy with what they see, I'm still happy with my standard SLCD

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using xda premium

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009

Gotta love this...

The screen is, frankly, insane. Compared to my Galaxy Nexus it was embarrassing ( I had a GN and loved the screen so if he says this, I am reassured )

This means a beats headset in box and beats enhanced audio right across the device. ( This might of answered the speculation as to whether it includes beats in the box)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackchad

arzbhatia

Jun 7, 2011
www.arzbhatia.com
You still won't get pure blacks on the One X like on the Nexus, however, the screen would be crystal clear and the colors would be natural.

I prefer Smoled.

torxx

Mar 20, 2011
trickdroid.org
imho, the colors are not natural on amoled's.

And who needs a green colored withe? I tested some amoled devices and this was the case..

Reactions: jusde

htc-ppc

Dec 4, 2008
The blacks are good enough on LCD. What I need is my whites to be white and colors to look natural. amoled screens give me a headache. They just aren't there yet. Also the LCD screens seem brighter which helps on sunny days. If you like the current set of AMOLED screens better, that's fine but I'm tired of hearing that it's better when I look at it and my eyes say NO.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a woman is alive. three died.

ie: before Dracula's bite . and after.

display04.jpg
    HTC one X and Galaxy Note owner here and my personal opinion is that SLCD2 blows Super Amoled HD away.

Both screens are nice, but when compared side by side you realise just how cartoony and unnatural Super Amoled HD looks. The blacks are deep yes, but everything else a out the screen seems oversaturated.

SLCD2 however looks extremely sharp and beautifully natural. It reminds me a higher resolution version of the iPhone 4s display but on a bigger screen. The colours aren't eye popping, but they manage to look alot more pleasing to the eye.

All in all, I'm no expert on screens, but I can tell you that Super LCD 2 is mind blowing, and for this reason and this reason only is why I won't be getting the Galaxy S3. If the S3 used SLCD2 I'd get one no questions asked, but instead it uses the same ugly Super Amoled HD display, and for that reason I'll pass.

Once you go to SLCD2, there's no going back to Amoled.
    Ya. But i see no issue with blue tint. Why everybody want see the white to be so white. I always try to keep my screen darker by installing some mods to turn everything into dark theme.

Sent from my Incredible S using XDA
    Because white should be white and not blue?
    586d679b-b0c5-170f.jpg

I'm going to say One X :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    I've just noticed last few days I've got screen burn on my SGS2 which I've owned since May. Just under the notification bar a faint line going across. Very visible when viewing in the browser or watching videos.

Hoping SLCD2 isn't as prone to AMOLED in screen burn issues which is quite common.

LCD do not get screen burns