***FeraLab*** Official - Break The Limits...

Search This thread

FeraVolt

Dec 30, 2011
www.facebook.com
Instructions and Advices

This is the FAQ and instruction post for ***FeraLab*** v20 ~Final~ Android 2.3.9 ROM. Please read carefully.
I tried to do my best..Hope you like it.
Before installation please make a backup of your contacts/apps. And please remember - I'm not responsible if you make damage to your phone. It's all at your own risk!

Warning! It is recommended that you make a Full-Wipe installation to avoid possible bugs.
Requipments:
- Any Rooted Rom(Gingerbread OS 2.3) with any Recovery
- Charged phone till 100%
- Any Stock/Stock-Based Kernel
- Patience and good understanding what you are doing

Rom will work on any stock or stock-based kernel. You may stay on stock sony ericsson kernel if you want..(You may need to flash wifi modules then..) Rom will be working well on it..only some tweaks may not work. But recommended to use My Kernel

Having Problems?? Click HERE
What to choose while installation?

Asking what is the Customization Pack? Well it's similar to the installer from UB version using Aroma installer but it won't reinstall rom.. Just will customize it so no need to reflash rom to change frequency, theme or whatever else.. It's both for UB and LB versions

v20 is a very customizable Rom..so that you can build your own FeraLab ROM. So you are wondering what to choose on installation to get rom better.. Here some advices for those who are new at this stuff:

Theme
Choose your desire theme here.. for preview see my screenshots.

Undervolt
Choose the voltage policy for your device. Choosing undervolt option will save your battery a lot..But may cause instabilities on some kernels and choosing Don't undervolt will use default voltage control policy. (this is 07g tweak)

Frequency
There are 4 Cpu frequency profiles..choose the one which suits your device.. 998 is the most stable one..This is default frequency. (This will not work is your kernel don't support under/overclocking)

And the other seems like clearly undersandable..if you have difficulties..refer to Discussion Thread.
Customization:
Here I will give you some tips how to customize it to get faster and stable rom.
Don't rush..just sit back and relax..maybe open This music ;) and start..
- Once you got well-settled rom Customize it - Install all aps you need..configure settings..accounts...restore contacts..etc..(Using titanium backup is ok only for v16.5 and higher (running on this rom..not installing)
- When you're done with your customization, open Autostarts App and wait till it loads. Then click on 'After Startup' spoiler and there you will see some apps which start on every boot with your phone. If you disable some of them - your phone will boot faster and have more free ram. Here are some examples of the apps you may disable: Office suite, Screenshotter, Java, Skype, Setup Guide, Lucky Patcher, SuperUser, Youtube, Maps... Warning! Don't disable system apps like messaging..bluetooth..etc.
After this wipe dalvik cache and just reboot.
- One small note: It's better if you don't use CPU configuring apps because rom will may lag with them.

Now your rom is ready for rocking on your device, to give you pleasure of using x10.

About GPU scripts:
I also provided 2 GPU(grafic chip) scripts. I will explain you how they work.
First of all..Rom has updated video and audio driver libs(adreno ones are still same) so that it gives better grafic performance and now you can enjoy HD games with no lags. Scripts are located in '~FeraLab~/Scripts' folder and you should install any of them through xRecovery.
How they works:
Rom is preconfigured to run smooth on Default GPU settings (Default_GPU.zip script). But if you still need better gaming performance then install Boost_GPU.zip script. It will set CPU voltage and frequence to higher values to achieve more performance of CPU, change Ram management and it fully uncaps FPS Also it will add Swap file(extra RAM)(50 mb) on system partition to let you run heavy games. Warning. To enable swap feature you need to open script manager app(the app with green icon - it will be automatically installed with boost script and removed on default settings) and navigate to '~FeraLab~/' folder on your SDcard, click on 'RUN_ME' file and choose 'SU' in options and then click 'RUN'. Because of Full FPS Uncap You may have glitches and tearing screen in Home app(not a lot..sometimes they are unnoticable if you disable all animations) but now you will get up to 63 fps on your device and it will give maximum gaming performance.(It won't glitch in games as in menu!). You may rollback to default GPU settings by installing Default_GPU.zip script. Also don't be shocked to see Desire HD in about phone settings using Boost GPU - it is changed to make some games think you're phone is enough cool to run this game (it's cool right :D ?) and solves many incapabilities with games.

For example. GTA 3 - one of the "heaviest" games on android will a bit lag on default settings with Default GPU script(installed by default in rom), but it don't lag on lower gta settings. But if you apply Boost GPU script Gta won't lag on default settings.
(I advice you to move distance drawing to 5% and Screen size to 70% in display settings)

This scripts woks well on stock SE kernel

If you're looking for More free Ram and asking yourself why there is so little amount of free RAM (about ~100Mb (WTF??? :eek: :D )) Then do a little math. Look not at free but on USED memory (It's mostly only 70mb). Then do:

'289' - ('USED RAM' x '0,76') = 'FREE RAM'.

It don't shows properly because this rom is tweaked by modifyed Supercharger tweak for better multitasking experience.
*0,76 - is an approximate coefficient of Used Ram Compression

How To use Volume key Rocker:
In last my version of rom there is a unique for stock roms option to control your music from volume keys. So how it works:
It works only in locked screen mode while playing music. Longpress on Volume DOWN key equals to NEXT button on player. Volume UP key - to PREVIOUS button. Easy and cool )
Which kernel to install?
If you still struggling on forum deciding which kernel to install to run better on this rom and still didn't find answers..here is a small tip.
- For unlocked bootloaders..It is better if you use my latest kernel.. Becayse many tweaks inside rom are optimized for that.. It supports frequencies from 245 to 1190.4 MHz so will be suitable for most phones but if you get randrom reboots or WLODs better install DoomKenrnel v6 FS version. Don't Forget to flash wifi modules if you're going to use different kernel.
- For locked bootloaders my kernel is integrated in the rom. I'm working on it now so no need to flash kernel for you but you can still use doomkernel v6 FS if you get randrom reboots or WLODs
If you noted that after long use of this rom it becomes laggy - just reboot it..it's mostly enough.. the more proper method is to clear cache and wipe dalvik cache.. else try to disable some apps from autostarts.. that's it)
That's All. Thank you for your attention. Have a fun!
FeraVolt

Last edited:

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
Fera I've deleted near 70 apps from your ROM and I can delete next 10 ;D
ROM works smooth and fast.
Thanks for it.

Sent from my X10 using xda premium

Please can you provide a list? -> please pm me or post in general thread as this is not really a DEV issue.- thanks :)

@Fera, sorry if this should be in General, but i was about to ask which apps can be removed and saw the comment above, Fera could you let us know if there are any data/system files that we should leave alone(i don't mean obvious ones either!) for example, i use power amp for music, if i un-install the default music app will i lose the benefit of "beats"? - or another example, i don't use any of the "clock" widgets (there are about 4 in the rom) but last time i must have removed the one that has alarms etc so had to re-install them all!!!

It might be a bit much to list all "removable" apps, so perhaps a "don't remove X because it will effect Y would be easier?

I for one always delete stuff i dont use from Roms, it would be rude to ask for a "lightweight" version - but i don't use half of the stuff in Feralab!!!

Not to take anything away from your Rom Fera, this is probably the best stock based Rom out there. Love your work, can't wait for FeraICS
(would also love to see a FeraRom based on FXP... :p)

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: CONTROL ONE

jtadeia

Sep 1, 2010
Can you tell what program you used to remove the apps? And if possible the list of the biggest ones please.

I also find the ROM very laggy after the version 9.

FeraVolt

Dec 30, 2011
www.facebook.com
Please can you provide a list?
@Fera

It might be a bit much to list all "removable" apps, so perhaps a "don't remove X because it will effect Y would be easier?

I for one always delete stuff i dont use from Roms, it would be rude to ask for a "lightweight" version - but i don't use half of the stuff in Feralab!!!

Not to take anything away from your Rom Fera, this is probably the best stock based Rom out there.

Thanks

Wait a moment i will give a list of deletable apps in instructions post.
@ colossus. please dont delete it :D

Last edited:

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010
Wait a moment i will give a list here.
@ colossus. please dont delete it :D

Thanks, i have edited my question a little, but the basics are the same, perhaps this list could go in instruction area of OP as a way to a lighter ROM for fussy people like me that can't help removing stuff!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Can you tell what program you used to remove the apps? And if possible the list of the biggest ones please.

I also find the ROM very laggy after the version 9.

most users use titanium back-up to un-install apps that are in /system - there is a free version on the market. Un-install system apps with caution, the premium version allows you to "freeze" first

MrCzlenson

Mar 18, 2012
www.youtube.com
Don't remove this apps:
-com.sonyericsson.(...)
-Apps with blue icons (icons are blue in Romtoolbox)

You can remove:
-All other apps, but if you delete system apps like: camera, package instaler, appwidgetpicker, lockscreen notyfications. you lost a ROM funcionality
-Non system apps like: Screenshoter, Autostarts, Lucky Pather

Sent from my X10 using xda premium

Last edited:

namic

Oct 10, 2008
thanks for your awesome rom. It make me feel love my X10 again:D.

By this way, please let me know how i get the below keyboard as the default kb. thks again.
picture.php

FeraVolt

Dec 30, 2011
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

Tony84

Apr 28, 2008
Bex (Switzerland) But I'm Italian
Fera I've installed the rom as in your instructions as usually, but still same lag on opening phone keyboard and receiving calls (5 seconds of ringtone on blackscreen before that the screen shows). I don't really understands what's the problem with phone.apk

FeraVolt

Dec 30, 2011
www.facebook.com
Fera I've installed the rom as in your instructions as usually, but still same lag on opening phone keyboard and receiving calls (5 seconds of ringtone on blackscreen before that the screen shows). I don't really understands what's the problem with phone.apk

I don't know dude. Maybe you're using some apps which slow down this stuf.. try to open phonebook and cloase it..let it be ched in memory..to be faster..and see what apps may slow it down.

Reactions: Sina King

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

picture.php

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Do everything at your own risk!

= Welcome =

Welcome to FeraLab Official thread! FeraLab is aftermarket Android firmware, which offers you a lot of features, updates and improvements, not found in original stock firmware build. FeraLab firmware is free and it always will be free. Bring new life to your smartphone, install FeraLab firmware - break the limits!

Intro:
    Feel free to do critics, suggestions or anything else in our discussion thread. If you have a problem or quetion or something, before you do, I suggest you to read XDA Rules. Now tighten your belts - we're going to fly at the speed of light! :)

Extra Info:
    Latest screenshots of firmware will be always available HERE.
    Q&A and Troubleshooting post HERE - Must read!.
    Optimized apps & games HERE.
    Latest changelog will be always available HERE.
    Source code is HERE.

Features list:
    For info about kernel, please visit THIS thread.
    • later please..

Installation:
    If you have locked bootoader - ignore first step, you already have latest kernel built-in ROM package. You may probably want to install LB kernel if you don't have CWM6 recovery.
    ROM will wipe your data, be warned.

-> Get FeraKenel v25 and install it.
    -> Boot-up to CWM6 Recovery & just straightly install ROM following AROMA installation wizard.
    -> After installation, boot your phone, pass setup wizard and wait 2 minutes. Reboot again.
    -> On second boot wait not less than 2 minutes again & reboot.
    -> Done. Do a reboot after you configured your phone. Hit 'Thanks' button and rate this thread if you like my work or consider donating me to let me to have a good dinner. :good:

Thanks to all guys, who contributed, helped, tested my work.. And thanks to all dev's, whose work I used in my firmware. You all are wonderful, amazing, smart, super cool, beautiful people! Peace out!

***FeraLab***

WARNING, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

UPDATE,

After discussions with the developer, FeraVolt has decided that the thread in the x10 general forum is the way to go so now please respect the decision.

If you are having problems with things like apps, kernels or anything that has not been developed in the rom then go to the thread in general or the the thread that the app/kernel concerns.

If you have wishes or bugs that can not be resolved then FeraVolt has agreed you can send a personal message, please do not abuse this kindness by spamming FeraVolts inbox.

Thankyou can be left by using the thanks button, if you are feeling generous then reward all the hard work with a donation. If these 2 methods are not good enough then pm FeraVolt.

FeraVolt has requested a clean thread so please now leave the thread for development and major bugs posts only. I am sure the happiness of your developer with this simple request will leave be productive in your favour as it leaves more time for development of this great rom.

The op has been updated and the link for the thread in the general forum is "HERE"

Have Fun guys.:) colossus.

Your post will be ignored/deleted if you ask things, that are already described on web-site, so please be carefull!
    Peace. FeraVolt :)