[Progress: 100%] Porting a music player with Xperia S

Search This thread

expeacer

Jun 19, 2010
Okány
Okay, download two files from here and here (actually wait a minute for it to upload), and then type in command prompt:

apktool if [file location]

And do that for both files. For example:

apktool if D:\SemcMusic.apk
apktool if D:\SemcGenericUxpRes.apk

And then you can use "d" to decompile files.

After editing the xml files, use "b" command to build.

Then, open .apk file from "dist" folder and copy the edited files to original .apk

Then move it to /system/app and edit permissions to 644 and you can run it.

I'm creating batch file to automate process with ADB.

And it's works? I tried it, but after recomplie i got Package Verification error... I said that :rolleyes:
By the way, if you want to edit values/dimens.xml, you will not found in the edited apk from the dist folder. It's recomplie into resources.arsc, so you need to change this too, but if you change it, you will got an error, like me.

przemo5020

May 11, 2011
Ostrowiec
Okay, I will try to do what you just showed... wait...

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Okay. Now when decompiling the latest app, the one that przemo posted, I get error, saying that there's error with .9.png files (actually might be my fault :eek: ), and that's probably what's stopping decompiled files from being built again...

:confused:

Ehhhh... we might end up with two finished apks, one for further decompiling and other that works, but can't be decompiled... will check tomorrow...
You'll use the previous version. When you're done I edit icons.
Error probably lies in the fact that they do not use path9.png. I edited icons in Photoshop.

Last edited:

Till-Kruspe

Mar 19, 2012
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Okay, dude don't spam posting like "still waiting" after each 2-3 posts! Be useful! :p

I think it depends on Sony's framework.

Okay, I will try to do what you just showed... wait...

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Okay. Now when decompiling the latest app, the one that przemo posted, I get error, saying that there's error with .9.png files (actually might be my fault :eek: ), and that's probably what's stopping decompiled files from being built again...

:confused:

Ehhhh... we might end up with two finished apks, one for further decompiling and other that works, but can't be decompiled... will check tomorrow...

Sorry dude... :)

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
Przemo, you could edit the first post, and thread title.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

You'll use the previous version. When you're done I edit icons.
Error probably lies in the fact that they do not use path9.png. I edited icons in Photoshop.

You edited .9.png's in photoshop? Have you took care to make sure lines on the edges stay 1px and 100% alpha? Otherwise, it will make a plethora of errors.

przemo5020

May 11, 2011
Ostrowiec
You edited .9.png's in photoshop? Have you took care to make sure lines on the edges stay 1px and 100% alpha? Otherwise, it will make a plethora of errors.
Exactly what I did but then I packed 7zip program applications and not apktool. I can send you my modified files, and then you replace them yourself.

EDIT:
Modified by me icons. [Buttons such as "play", "stop", "next", "previous" copied from the original player (not modified by path9.png)]
http://www.mediafire.com/?5a1sxqbox9b0sca

Last edited:

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
Exactly what I did but then I packed 7zip program applications and not apktool. I can send you my modified files, and then you replace them yourself.

EDIT:
Modified by me icons. [Buttons such as "play", "stop", "next", "previous" copied from the original player (not modified by path9.png)]
http://www.mediafire.com/?5a1sxqbox9b0sca

And there's your problem. You deleted ninepatch stripes.

Why did you even touch that? It's been working good since I fixed it...

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
It seems that you need to build an apk and then copy .9.png to make it work! :D

So, if you ever edit .9.png file, build the app and send it as if it was xml file :)

And so we continue our development...

Will hopefully post fix with both tabs, clear buttons and little layout fix in library...

Hmmm... it's not rendering it right again...

Ohhh so tired... okay I'll continue on this tomorrow. Sunday :D

Theonewithideas

Oct 21, 2011
Hmmm... fixed the library header but still wondering why images are somewhat blurry...

screenshot_2012-04-01_1859.png

Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11576727/SemcMusic/beta/SemcMusic.apk

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Okay, we definitively need someone with smali skills. I've looked at the code, but I can't figure it out...

I mean, if you want to edit album art and library panels...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    scaled.php
    scaled.php
    scaled.php
    scaled.php

Thanks to:
    -Theonewithideas
    -pallavikv
    -Lasan
    -Panagos90

DOWNLOAD XPERIA-S Music Port PROGRESS 100%
    Lasan, if you're really resized whole cover art group :eek: , please share the apk, I'll try to fix the other layout!

yea .... will be released if it is done in test

Untitled-1-6.png
    Work in progress, I'm fixing the .9.png's (resizing them so that it doesn't have to do anything by itself), but It's a lot of work:

screenshot_2012-04-11_2142.png

(there isn't text because I need to edit fill area, but it's WIP)

Ugh... I edited all the tabs manually. Here's the result:

screenshot_2012-04-12_0911.png
    screenshot_2012-04-12_0911_1.png

Notice that horizontal tabs are not overlapping anymore, but now there's white line...

pallavikv or przemo5020, could you check what's wrong with this (you don't have to fix it, I'll do, but I don't know what's wrong).

Also, since now all is fixed, we don't have any errors with compiling as before.

Link, as usual, wait about 5 mins after this posts is posted to download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11576727/SemcMusic/SemcMusic.apk

Little fix on landscape display of mp3 tags (the link is above) :

screenshot_2012-04-12_1741_1.png
    Ok, i tried to fix the icons in the "My Music" tab.
    Now someone needs to fix the resolution(make icons smaller) and the layout of these images so they could fit the screen.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51807946/SemcMusic.apk
    Hope I helped a little bit :p
    I found some values in values-hdpi/dimens.xml to album-art. You can resize it in. I don't know why you need the AlbumFlickView.

BTW I forget to say something: My problem is in resources.arsc. If I d&b the size will be different. So this is APKTool related error.

As you said, you can't edit files in values folder, so we should replace it directly where it's used with the value we'd put.

I have no idea what is resources.arsc :eek:

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

FIX: Fixed the progress bar and player controls, now I just have to manage the icons to be like the ones on Xperia S:

screenshot_2012-03-25_1250.png

Download link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11576727/SemcMusic/SemcMusic.apk