[Theme] CarbonGlass - Beta 6 AOKP Milestone 5 Toro & Maguro

Search This thread

jairomeo

Mar 22, 2009
www.designrifts.com
Welcome to my new theme. The name for now is Carbon Glass. It is a mix of Carbon Fiber, my Glass Rings and Glass Squares themes and icons. It is only available for the Galaxy Nexus.

I am currently working the Systemui and Framework for this alpha1 release. Beta will be when I think those are done. The release version will have all the apps themed (notifications and such, icons will probably only be in an icon pack).

Since it is alpha, I am not putting much yet into this page or the screens. Below is a gallery of current screen shots and a link for some CarbonGlass Wallpapers. The planned next updates are to darken the top of the status bar some before blending to the pull down and one of the popup menu images does not match my others so I will find which one that is. I will try and work an update The week of 3/18 prior to leaving for vacation on the 22nd.

The Ring, Square, Carbon Fiber or likes thereof images contained in this theme are not to be reproduced or reused to make your own theme. Please respect the artist, you will find a CC license at the bottom of this page. The rings and squares and CF pattern are all of my own designs. I know its stupid but I've had people take my themes and use images in paid apps and etc without ever asking.

Screens:
CG-Screens3.jpg

More screens are located on the website. http://jbthemes.com/jairomeo/carbonglass

Here is a recent screen with using the Icon Pack
Screenshot_2012-03-20-14-48-29.png

WARNING:
I am not responsible for damage to your phone. It is the users responsibility to know how to perform Nandroid backups, be able able to restore backups, flash themes, flash ROMs and recover from boot loops and soft bricks. By downloading ANY file on this webpage, you understand and agree to these terms.

Download Links:
NOTE: Startiong with Beta 1 the theme includes a wallpaper app for the walls designed for the theme. This installs into /data/app so it can be uninstalled. Also, RESET your nav bar Settings > ROM Control > Navigation Bar > Reset Nav Bar (in top right hand corner)
Maguro:
Milestone 4: Alpha 2
Build 28 Alpha 2
Build 28 Alpha 3 This includes a wallpaper app for the walls designed for the theme. This installs into /data/app so it can be uninstalled.
Build 29: Beta 1
Build 29: Beta 2
Build 31: Beta 3.1
Build 31: Beta 4
Build 31: Beta 5
Build 32: Beta 5 Build 32 has a KNOWN issue about the Nav Bar FC'ing after reset, please DO NOT leave comments in this thread in relation, the solution is HERE
Build 33: Beta 5
Build 34: Beta 5

Milestone 5: Beta 6 - There is a new setting in ROM Control for the Statusbar Icon Opacity - Settings -> ROM Control -> General -> Notification icon transparency (change to 100%)

Toro:
Milestone 4: Alpha 2.3
Build 28: Alpha 2
Build 28: Alpha 3 This includes a wallpaper app for the walls designed for the theme. This installs into /data/app so it can be uninstalled.
Build 32: Beta 5 Build 32 has a KNOWN issue about the Nav Bar FC'ing after reset, please DO NOT leave comments in this thread in relation, the solution is HERE

Milestone 5: Beta 6 - There is a new setting in ROM Control for the Statusbar Icon Opacity - Settings -> ROM Control -> General -> Notification icon transparency (change to 100%)

If you downloaded Beta 3 Here is the Vending.apk http://bit.ly/Hv1IDv

Wallpapers:
Zip 1

Aftermarket Apps:

ADW CarbonGlass Rings version 1
More available on http://jbthemes.com/jairomeo/carbonglass
Custom Folder Icon for Nova:
http://db.tt/SEJtFVik
Square System UI: (can be placed manually in AOKP Settings)
http://bit.ly/SquareCGSUI

Thank Yous:
The whole AOKP team
Scar45 for his PCB theme that helped me figure out how to make some changes
Kwes1020 for letting me know about resetting the Nav buttons so my theme would show
travp624 For his inverted apps and helping me learn what needs to be inverted to theme them.

What's Still Needed:
Gmail needs minor tweaks
Finish themeing Google Voice
Theme Email

88x31.png

Carbon Glass by Jairomeo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at jbthemes.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jbthemes.com/jairomeo/carbonglass.

Last edited:

jairomeo

Mar 22, 2009
www.designrifts.com
Change Log

Beta 6:
Updated for Milestone 5
Themed Browser
Themed Google Music
Added Notification Icons to GTalk
Added some missing framework icons
Themed Google Voice (not where I'd like it yet)
Added more themeing to Calendar

Beta 5:
Supports both Build 31 and 32
Rethemed Gtalk to be Carbon Fiber
Rethemed Gmail with no read and unread email
Rethemed YouTube to contain Carbon Fiber
Themed Gtalk
Added some framework images that are commonly called from apps.

Beta 4:
Themed Youtube and Market
Redid Dialer background
Removed black theme from MMS to show system background
Removed black theme from Gmail to show system background and themed Gmail read/unread
Themed Camera
Added a wallpaper to the Wallpaper App

Beta 3.1
Fixed Vending.apk signing issue

Beta 3:
Updated for Build 31
Added a background image for the system
Themed Calendar
Included Inverted Youtube and Market and began themeing them

Beta 2:
Updated Gmail to 4.05 and inverted
Themed the framework search so apps using the system search, it will now be themed.
Inverted Gtalk and themed
Themed Settings

Beta 1:
Inverted Contacts, Inverted and Themed GMail (thanks travp624)
Updated some missing framework icons (still need some more to add)
Updated the Nav Bar icons
Updated for AOKP b29

Alpha 3:

Updated the battery charging bolt to white so it is visible.
Themed Contacts, DeskClock and Phone apps
Themed the Nav bar, so if you have changed this at all, you need to reset your nav bar for the icons to appear. Otherwise you will just get blocks.
Included a wallpaper app for Carbon Glass Walls that installs into data, this makes it uninstallable
Updated the Update-Script to fit better

Alpha 2:

Updated Status Bar - It is darker now and no color. It blends in better.
Finished themeing the rest of the notification icons, replaced the data/wifi in and out icons
Updated the buttons
Themed check boxes and radio buttons
Themed the AB popup images.

Alpha 1:

Initial Release

Last edited:

Rabidaries

May 24, 2011
Man this is some great work! Been running it for a while now since I saw it on rootzwiki. Question tho, I've been running alpha 3 on build 28 and no matter what I do, the key board stays looking like stock and not your themed keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

jairomeo

Mar 22, 2009
www.designrifts.com
Man this is some great work! Been running it for a while now since I saw it on rootzwiki. Question tho, I've been running alpha 3 on build 28 and no matter what I do, the key board stays looking like stock and not your themed keyboard.

Hmm that's odd, no one has said anything like that before. Not sure what the cause behind that is. I've themed the latinime stock keyboard and Swype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Rabidaries

May 24, 2011
ya I saw from the pics and they look great. Just not coming up with me. Other themes that have themed keyboards show though which is odd lol

Cornma

Jan 5, 2011
A very successful theme :)

I have a question: How do I get on the platform, Nova Launcher icon placed under the icon? In Settings folder (platform) are no settings to be applied in this, not too user-defined

jairomeo

Mar 22, 2009
www.designrifts.com
A very successful theme :)

I have a question: How do I get on the platform, Nova Launcher icon placed under the icon? In Settings folder (platform) are no settings to be applied in this, not too user-defined

Thanks. To apply the custom folder icon like the screenshot, Go into Nova Settings:
  1. Desktop
  2. Folder Preview -> Pan
  3. Folder Background -> Custom
  4. Choose the icon from the OP

I personally think that Fan looks best with the Platform but that's all subjective.

Cornma

Jan 5, 2011
Thanks. To apply the custom folder icon like the screenshot, Go into Nova Settings:
  1. Desktop
  2. Folder Preview -> Pan
  3. Folder Background -> Custom
  4. Choose the icon from the OP

I personally think that Fan looks best with the Platform but that's all subjective.

Thank you, but I've already tried. Despite this, the folder background is not a platform, but remains unchanged.

I've saved the custom icon png under DCIM. Is that the wrong location and therefore can not be used?

I personally like the best platform and also would also like to use.

jairomeo

Mar 22, 2009
www.designrifts.com
Thank you, but I've already tried. Despite this, the folder background is not a platform, but remains unchanged.

I've saved the custom icon png under DCIM. Is that the wrong location and therefore can not be used?

I personally like the best platform and also would also like to use.

Were you able to change it to one of the built in options like their platform?

I have it in my download folder, I dint see why the folder should matter though, but that is just where I stick all my random images for icons and such.

Cornma

Jan 5, 2011
I have the Nova Launcher installed all over again, now everything works. Many thanks

Cornma

Jan 5, 2011
Will there be the theme for the Build 30 onwards?
I love this theme on my Nexus :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to my new theme. The name for now is Carbon Glass. It is a mix of Carbon Fiber, my Glass Rings and Glass Squares themes and icons. It is only available for the Galaxy Nexus.

I am currently working the Systemui and Framework for this alpha1 release. Beta will be when I think those are done. The release version will have all the apps themed (notifications and such, icons will probably only be in an icon pack).

Since it is alpha, I am not putting much yet into this page or the screens. Below is a gallery of current screen shots and a link for some CarbonGlass Wallpapers. The planned next updates are to darken the top of the status bar some before blending to the pull down and one of the popup menu images does not match my others so I will find which one that is. I will try and work an update The week of 3/18 prior to leaving for vacation on the 22nd.

The Ring, Square, Carbon Fiber or likes thereof images contained in this theme are not to be reproduced or reused to make your own theme. Please respect the artist, you will find a CC license at the bottom of this page. The rings and squares and CF pattern are all of my own designs. I know its stupid but I've had people take my themes and use images in paid apps and etc without ever asking.

Screens:
    CG-Screens3.jpg

More screens are located on the website. http://jbthemes.com/jairomeo/carbonglass

Here is a recent screen with using the Icon Pack
    Screenshot_2012-03-20-14-48-29.png

WARNING:
    I am not responsible for damage to your phone. It is the users responsibility to know how to perform Nandroid backups, be able able to restore backups, flash themes, flash ROMs and recover from boot loops and soft bricks. By downloading ANY file on this webpage, you understand and agree to these terms.

Download Links:
    NOTE: Startiong with Beta 1 the theme includes a wallpaper app for the walls designed for the theme. This installs into /data/app so it can be uninstalled. Also, RESET your nav bar Settings > ROM Control > Navigation Bar > Reset Nav Bar (in top right hand corner)
    Maguro:
    Milestone 4: Alpha 2
    Build 28 Alpha 2
    Build 28 Alpha 3 This includes a wallpaper app for the walls designed for the theme. This installs into /data/app so it can be uninstalled.

Toro:
    Milestone 4: Alpha 2.3
    Build 28: Alpha 2
    Build 28: Alpha 3 This includes a wallpaper app for the walls designed for the theme. This installs into /data/app so it can be uninstalled.

If you downloaded Beta 3 Here is the Vending.apk http://bit.ly/Hv1IDv

Wallpapers:
    Zip 1

Aftermarket Apps:

ADW CarbonGlass Rings version 1
    More available on http://jbthemes.com/jairomeo/carbonglass
    Custom Folder Icon for Nova:
    http://db.tt/SEJtFVik
    Square System UI: (can be placed manually in AOKP Settings)
    http://bit.ly/SquareCGSUI

Thank Yous:
    The whole AOKP team
    Scar45 for his PCB theme that helped me figure out how to make some changes
    Kwes1020 for letting me know about resetting the Nav buttons so my theme would show
    travp624 For his inverted apps and helping me learn what needs to be inverted to theme them.

What's Still Needed:
    Gmail needs minor tweaks
    Finish themeing Google Voice
    Theme Email

88x31.png

Carbon Glass by Jairomeo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
    Based on a work at jbthemes.com.
    Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://jbthemes.com/jairomeo/carbonglass.
    Beta 6 for Milestone 5 is now live and in the OP
    Beta 3 for Build 31 updated in the OP, Change Log updated in Post 2
    The vending from the theme isn't signed, that's why it uninstalls. I'm away from my PC for an hour, so can't upload til then. Not sure why I didn't have this issue when I flashed it.

Edit: here is Vending fixed

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15483418/Vending.apk
    Did the theme (Maguro) for the B32 and flashed UI system was completed and over again. The soft keys and the status bar is no longer published. Had to import finally back up, because even after flashing the previous themes, the softkeys and the status bar no longer appeared and UI system was stopped again and again.

The systemui stopping is a known bug with aokp b32, not this theme specifically. Zaphod has already fixed it for b33 and a workaround for b32 is published in the aokp section at rootzwiki.