SwiftKey 3 Beta Free Download!

Search This thread

MamaSaidWhat?

Nov 18, 2010
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hi everybody, I just posted this for the folks with the international Galaxy Note, and I noticed that you guys didn't have it over here. So I thought I'd do you a favour and share it :)

TouchType Ltd. have decided to release their latest beta for the ever popular SwiftKey today for free :D

Seeing as the demand for the beta is hammering their servers, I decided to upload the .apk to my dropbox for everybody to enjoy. Just download and install like you would with any other app ;)

Here's the file: http://db.tt/GHjXdQi7

FYI, this is a FREE, OPEN beta and therefore this is a FREE APP. I understand the rules of xda, and I do not condone or promote pirating in any way!

Sent from my Galaxy Note, using Tapatalk 2 Beta 5!

acPIZZA

Feb 6, 2011
Thank you very much. Will have to see if this beats out thumb keyboard for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Vellan

Feb 19, 2011
Austin
I've been using it since this morning and it's the first keyboard that has convinced me to leave swype. I love the no space bar functionality!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

welchertc

Jan 13, 2011
Just tried this out, the no space bar feature is freaking sweet. I think I have a new favorite keyboard possibly. Not to mention how nice the holo theme looks on ics. Although I still really dig the new tablet swype beta with the spen. Hmmm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

kevinjgray88

Mar 10, 2012
Wisconsin
Will try out but its gotta be really good to get thumb keyboard off my phone for too long

Sent from the only phone designed by Chuck Norris

ZPaul2Fresh8

Mar 23, 2012
Millbury, OH
Trying it out now. Seems pretty cool but I just got hooked on swype so this touching each key is lame!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™

ddizon

Nov 29, 2011
Toronto
Trying it out now. Seems pretty cool but I just got hooked on swype so this touching each key is lame!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™

I loved swype before too. but I've been using SwiftkeyX for a while. Once it learns your writing style it pretty much writes the sentences for you. So far Swiftkey3 is working out really well

kevinjgray88

Mar 10, 2012
Wisconsin
I thought I would never leave thumb keyboard but this is a great one. People were not lying after awhile it types for you almost

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
I've been enjoying it for a few days now. I'm amazed at how well it corrects sloppy typing. I just haul ass and it fixes it for me. I did switch the default of the space bar. It was set to insert the prediction. However, I'm just too used to double hitting the space for a period so I switched it to 'complete the word'
I like to just type and not really look at the prediction.
I was using smart keyboard pro for a long time, then switched to ultra keyboard. One thing I could really use on swiftkey is for the shift key to be 'invisible' while rapid typing. I hardly use it because of autocaps. My problem is sometimes I hit it when going for 'a' so then I miss 'a' and the next letter is caps. So the word 'sand' comes out 'sNd' and autocorrect can't fix it.
I also wonder about autocorrect some times....how can it not correct srr to see?
Anyway, those faults are quite minor compared to the benefits of this keyboard.

One thing I've noticed since getting the Note is that I only type in portrait. Landscape is actually too big now ;) It's hard to reach the middle keys. But portrait is plenty big and I like setting key size to large in the swift key settings.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Does anyone know the logic behind the three suggestions?
It seems different than it was on swiftkey X.
The left suggestion was always the actual letters you were typing.
Now it seems different.
It starts out like that but then if it becomes a known word it goes to the middle and the left becomes another suggestion. If you keep typing, the left once again is the letters you are actually typing.
I guess this has something to do with the new autospace function.

kevinjgray88

Mar 10, 2012
Wisconsin
I've been enjoying it for a few days now. I'm amazed at how well it corrects sloppy typing. I just haul ass and it fixes it for me. I did switch the default of the space bar. It was set to insert the prediction. However, I'm just too used to double hitting the space for a period so I switched it to 'complete the word'
I like to just type and not really look at the prediction.
I was using smart keyboard pro for a long time, then switched to ultra keyboard. One thing I could really use on swiftkey is for the shift key to be 'invisible' while rapid typing. I hardly use it because of autocaps. My problem is sometimes I hit it when going for 'a' so then I miss 'a' and the next letter is caps. So the word 'sand' comes out 'sNd' and autocorrect can't fix it.
I also wonder about autocorrect some times....how can it not correct srr to see?
Anyway, those faults are quite minor compared to the benefits of this keyboard.

One thing I've noticed since getting the Note is that I only type in portrait. Landscape is actually too big now ;) It's hard to reach the middle keys. But portrait is plenty big and I like setting key size to large in the swift key settings.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Does anyone know the logic behind the three suggestions?
It seems different than it was on swiftkey X.
The left suggestion was always the actual letters you were typing.
Now it seems different.
It starts out like that but then if it becomes a known word it goes to the middle and the left becomes another suggestion. If you keep typing, the left once again is the letters you are actually typing.
I guess this has something to do with the new autospace function.

If you would want to type in landscape try thumb keyboard it splits in the middle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody, I just posted this for the folks with the international Galaxy Note, and I noticed that you guys didn't have it over here. So I thought I'd do you a favour and share it :)

TouchType Ltd. have decided to release their latest beta for the ever popular SwiftKey today for free :D

Seeing as the demand for the beta is hammering their servers, I decided to upload the .apk to my dropbox for everybody to enjoy. Just download and install like you would with any other app ;)

Here's the file: http://db.tt/GHjXdQi7

FYI, this is a FREE, OPEN beta and therefore this is a FREE APP. I understand the rules of xda, and I do not condone or promote pirating in any way!

Sent from my Galaxy Note, using Tapatalk 2 Beta 5!
    Has anyone tried swiftkey X. I'm currently using that one. how does it compare?
    Interesting on the tablet version. Does it replace the current (phone) version or will it come up as a separate keyboard?

It will come up seperate. I'm trying it out now. I its not bad. I can't seem to figure out how to get the number pad in the middle like I've seen in photos though.
    New Beta

On 5/3 they uploaded a new beta
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1581848

From the swiftkey forum:

We've been working very hard to bring you an update to SwiftKey 3 Beta, and we hope you'll like it.

We've read all of your feedback (a pretty gigantic task) and we believe that this version is a significant improvement on the previous build.

Since the last version we have:

Improved the UI: there is now a dedicated comma key, and the <123> key is now in the bottom-left corner. And of course you still have the larger spacebar.
    Refined the Smart Punctuation pop-up.
    Reintroduced the Long-press duration setting.
    Improved Smart Space functionality.
    Further reduced lag on some devices.
    Fixed a number of bugs, including the missing decimal point in the numpad and the "What's New" dialog popping up all the time.

This version is still a Beta, and as such there are some issues that we are still working on. Rest assured, the final SwiftKey 3 will be (with your help) even better.

Please leave your comments on the Discussion forum, and report any new or persisting bugs in the Bugs forum. To avoid confusion, all bug reports from the first SwiftKey 3 Beta have been archived.

As ever, your feedback is very important to us, and we truly appreciate you giving your time and attention to help make SwiftKey be the best keyboard on Android.

Thanks,
    Evan Tapper
    Community Manager

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Bummer it won't let me finish installing the tablet version like the last beta did....