Quote:
Originally Posted by T.H.E. View Post
Hey wbaw! I tried compiling your kernel..But in order to avoid the ramdisk and intramfs part of the whole thing i tried anykernel but i dont understand how that works? i put zimage in the kernel folder and zipped it up but then wheres the boot.img?? Thank you for your help..i just followed a guide from xda..
Anykernel creates the boot.img, it extracts the ramdisk from the kernel on your phone & combines that with the zImage to create a boot.img using clockworkmod. It's a good way to update the kernel, koush is great. So, you just need the zImage if you use AnyKernel.

I was going to do a mod of AnyKernel & Kallt Kaffe's old mod of it that detected which zImage to use for gen1/2 & vmsplit 2g/3g, a universal kernel package for the Blade, but I'm too lazy.

Compiling is educational anyway... the scrolling text makes me feel like some great hacker even if I only typed one command

Anyway, I'm going to do another GSF based on the new Moldovan rom with my new kernel & stuff, eventually, maybe in a week. Then I might do a CM7 kang with my new kernel & new proprietary files from this new Moldovan rom. I did share a cm7 kang, but it's old now & it was just a basic quick kang, you're probably better using somebody else's more recent kang, I think Tom G got most of my kernel patches that made much difference, they should be in all the kernels now.

Just don't be demanding stuff, it's not like I'm paid for it. If it isn't ready in a week then so what? I do it for fun, for my own phone, I share what I do, if that makes people start demanding stuff then it stops being fun, I lose my reason for doing it & I stop.