[SOLVED] How to have VoIP and GPS working in Diamond !

Search This thread

qsqa

Feb 16, 2006
Hi,

I think it can be a solution for everyone who wants to use M$ VoIP and GPS in his Diamond (till today if you use VoIP, GPS goes dead).

IMHO problem was one file called dnsapi.dll in VoIP cab which overwrite original one in ROM. It caused that GPS goes dead.

I've removed this file from my OEM package and cooked a ROM with VoIP. I tested this and VoIP and GPS is working without any problems.

I using only OEM packages - if someone can make a cab file from attached OEM package and test it, maybe we will have a solution for everyone !

[2008-08-08] UPDATE - CABs can be found here - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2497988&postcount=8

Last edited:

zykozz

Jul 22, 2008
Sound great!!

This is what i´ve been waiting for... fring does the trick... but BAD.

Sweet. :D

d3us

Aug 3, 2008
Good idea, a shame I don't know how to make a .cab.
None of the VoIP programs I tested work on the diamond (even Fring doesn't work properly...)

Last edited:

qsqa

Feb 16, 2006
Fring and Skype 6.1 works fine on my Diamond and the GPS too.

I'm not talking about Skype and Fring - issue was with VoIP drivers from M$. With that you can dial via e.g. Halonet from normal dialpad.

Anyone tried to make proper CAB? For chefs attached OEM package is ready to cook.

mcseven

Aug 4, 2008
Hi,

I tried to make a proper cab, but apparently I failed :(

I damaged my original dnsapi.dll, now I have one with filedate
31.01.07; could someone upload the original one from a 1.37 rom?

Thanks,
Seven

qsqa

Feb 16, 2006
Hi,

I tried to make a proper cab, but apparently I failed :(

I damaged my original dnsapi.dll, now I have one with filedate
31.01.07; could someone upload the original one from a 1.37 rom?

Thanks,
Seven

Here you are...

Attachments

• dnsapi.dll.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 618

mcseven

Aug 4, 2008
Aaaah, thanks :) Saves me from Hardreset because the VOIP drivers wouldn't uninstall anymore... Have something in return: Here you have two CABs which do not install a dnsapi.dll, and tested them on my diamond. Works perfectly. You even dont have to reset the phone...

If feedback is positive, maybe the OP could change topic into "[solved]..."?

One tiny thing left to do: Change the ipdialplan.xml to make VOIP dial those "+1 (999) 1212 - 1212" numbers as well ^^

Thanks and enjoy,
Seven

mcseven

Aug 4, 2008
I used tomtom 7, outdoor gps and mobile terminal emulator to see nmea records on COM4 directly. all 3 programs were running simultaneously and were receiving GPS.

I also tried to connect the VOIP to my asterisk, works as well, but cannot call any +1* numbers or numbers with brackets, since I dont know how to change the ipdialplan.xml in /windows...

d3us

Aug 3, 2008
I didn't know wich one of the .cab I should install so I installed both; I started with the drivers, it did nothing then I installed WM6Voip, it seemed to work. So I installed SIPconfigTool to configure my connection and I tested TomTom, the GPS was detected (whereas it wasn't with the original WM6Voip). Nevertheless, I tried to use my VoIP account over 3G but it couldn't connect (whereas Fring can connect).

mcseven

Aug 4, 2008
Yes, possibly the built-in VOIP cannot use STUN functionality, and fring can. I believe that to be a firewall issue.

However, now I seem to have that 5 seconds silence bug. I establish a connection, but 5 seconds into a call the diamond ceases to transmit voice. Receiving voice from the remote party however continues flawlessly. No Headset connected and not put into a docking station. Has anyone a similar problem or even a solution to that?

dennismdk

Jul 24, 2008
Aaaah, thanks :) Saves me from Hardreset because the VOIP drivers wouldn't uninstall anymore... Have something in return: Here you have two CABs which do not install a dnsapi.dll, and tested them on my diamond. Works perfectly. You even dont have to reset the phone...

If feedback is positive, maybe the OP could change topic into "[solved]..."?

One tiny thing left to do: Change the ipdialplan.xml to make VOIP dial those "+1 (999) 1212 - 1212" numbers as well ^^

Thanks and enjoy,
Seven

I've installed both your CAB's. But i'm wondering why I can use VoIP to call? Should I have another program installed?

mcseven

Aug 4, 2008
I've installed both your CAB's. But i'm wondering why I can use VoIP to call? Should I have another program installed?

Well, yes. Use a program called SIP config (anyone you like, I use this one) to program your provider settings into the phone. Then make sure to visit Settings->Phone->"Internet" Tab and change it from "Never" to a setting of your liking. After that (and pressing ok in the top right corner) it should register with your VOIP provider as soon as there is a data connection available. If your phone places a call via VOIP, it will ring a short audible "beep" prior to connecting. I found no way to tell it explicitly "use cellular network" or "use VOIP network" for placing a call. Perhaps this will be added in a later ROM.

However, now I seem to have that 5 seconds silence bug. (...)
I believe that to be a firewall issue as well. Yesterday I went home from work and put the phone directly into my home Wifi net with direct connection to my asterisk server. Everything works fine.
Today I used another access point at work, and it worked fine as well, so if you are having trouble getting voice to the remote party it most likely is your firewall's fault.

btw I have not found a way to use the internal=headset speaker, it will always use the loudspeaker for received audio.

unimog404

Aug 2, 2008
wow, big THANKS.
works fine for me. Could connect to my Axon PBX with SIP and GPS also runs fine (Tested with tomtom7 and WMMiniGPS).
I realy waited for that and had also two hard resets behind me previous during tests;)

A

akito

It almost works for me. I can connect, but my voice doesn't arrive to the other side of the line at all. Neither does the voice of the other side arrive to me. The line is open, but seems 'dead'.... what am I doing wrong?

rkeiffen

Oct 26, 2007
Frankfurt
ipdialplan.xml for sipgate in Germany

Fantastic, with the new cabs now GPS and WM6VoIP works. :) Attached a dialplan which I modified last year for my Kaiser. It works with my sip provider in Germany (sipgate) and you can dial local plan, leading 00 or + or 0. It may work also for others.

Attachments

• ipdialplan.zip
    717 bytes · Views: 1,339

diaman

Aug 10, 2008
voip speaker

Great job!
Is there already any solution for the intern/extern speaker problem?