its been fun

Search This thread

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
I know I havent been particularly active in this subforum lately :eek: because there wasnt much to update on the touchwiz front

but anyway, just wanted to say goodbye to those that are left...my parents took the leap into smartphones recently and i gave them my fascinate and og inc to use (so i can snag their upgrades when needed)

so while i had promised that on the small chance another ota dropped for verizon id update resurrection and superclean...that small chance just went to 0 w/o a phone to work with

the fascinate was the first android phone i had that i actually did anything for...starting with porting themes back in the fall of 2010 alongside retrokidd, thatdudebutch, et all...before eventually moving on to roms and mods

most of the people in the android world im friends with were because of this phone, so i look back on this time fondly and hope to see most of you around in the future when our paths cross on other phones (sgs3?)

:)

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
thanks for everything! you've been a great help and a great dev.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: nitsuj17

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for all the great work. And for all the laughs.:)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

dsrhokie

Apr 7, 2011
I really appreciate everything you did to make our fascinates ooze awesome sauce. SC3 was a masterpiece.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
I first met you on another forum and I had to leave Verizon for financial reasons. My business was getting worse so money was tight. I remember when i said my goodbyes you were very kind and wished me good luck...I wish you all the same my friend.

sfobrien

Apr 10, 2011
Indiana
Good luck and thanks for everything. Looking forward to more of your work, hopefully Verizon will get the S III and let the tweaking begin !

Sent from my Fascinate running the awesome SuperClean !

Last edited:

ljbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
MI
You breath life into the fascinate when verizon/samsung left it in the dark with updates. I was in froyo months before it was release by v, I was on gingerbread again months before v put it out, all thanks to you.

To your credit also, I have tried everything, from miui to cm7 and the lastest aokp and asop roms. I keep coming back to your tsm 2 rom, it is a jewel of stabilty and functionality.

thanks for your hard work, and the countless hours of coding. I will see you in a better place, called samsung fascinate 3.

jawman27

Jan 14, 2012
We can't thank you enough. Your legacy lives on. As long as Fascinates continue to function, you will have fans and followers.

Hypnosis4U2NV

Nov 23, 2010
New York City
Thanks man.. My upgrade has been up since October but I'm holding out for SG3 and I'm hoping it's gonna drop soon in the next month or two..

To be honest, the Fascinate turned out to be a great phone once most of the kinks were worked out, with much of that credit going to all the developers working on giving functioning ROMs..

I'm in no rush to leave just yet, haven't been brave enough to flash to AOKP ICS..

So in ending, I'm not saying goodbye, more like see you soon in another forum banging out some cool themes and ROMs for our future phones!

Sent from my Commodore 64..
READY.
load"*",8,1

Merman1983

Jul 23, 2007
Electric Ladyland
Thanks for everything nitsuj17. There was a while there where it looked like we'd be faced with a decision between Froyo GB ROMS or going with one of the AOSP offerings. While I liked what they had to offer (and great things continue to be worked on) I found myself wishing for some of the things I missed from TW (such as the camera app and media players) and just plain stability.

You came through with exactly what I wanted. Previous to now my favorite time on the Fascinate was with SC2 and now with SC3 I really don't feel I need to change a thing. On one hand I'm sad that I won't be tinkering around as much (because everything just works and works very well), but on the other I have a pretty sweet device (what turned out to be one thanks to yours and other's work). I think if the Fascinate dropped with this software it would not be the butt of jokes re: Bing and the GPS issues.

I think when it comes time to upgrade (soon ...) a big deciding factor will be where you and people like sbrissen end up. Cheers!

*PS If your parents have an issue do you make them submit a logcat? j/k

What are you using till you upgrade? Inc2?

Last edited:

pdubsfc

Mar 27, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Thank you for giving us great ROMs to make our phones run the way they should've in the first place. Your comments were always right on. Thanks for your work on TSM and SuperClean!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know I havent been particularly active in this subforum lately :eek: because there wasnt much to update on the touchwiz front

but anyway, just wanted to say goodbye to those that are left...my parents took the leap into smartphones recently and i gave them my fascinate and og inc to use (so i can snag their upgrades when needed)

so while i had promised that on the small chance another ota dropped for verizon id update resurrection and superclean...that small chance just went to 0 w/o a phone to work with

the fascinate was the first android phone i had that i actually did anything for...starting with porting themes back in the fall of 2010 alongside retrokidd, thatdudebutch, et all...before eventually moving on to roms and mods

most of the people in the android world im friends with were because of this phone, so i look back on this time fondly and hope to see most of you around in the future when our paths cross on other phones (sgs3?)

:)
    thanks for everything! you've been a great help and a great dev.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Big thanks from us CSpire Showcase guys... you helped us out a LOT along the way!! Hope paths do cross again on other phones... :)
    Tip of the hat and many thanks, SC3 was superb.
    Farewell for now, my friend. Thank you for everything. I hope to see you soon in the GS3 subforums.