Or Continue to Thread: Remove Pleas
Find Your Device:
27th April 2012, 09:44 AM   |  #1637  
Thanks Meter: 1,678

838 posts
More
Smile About fixing progress
About fixed things, and fixes under development.

Fixed things:
- USSD codes (old fix)
- Apps and dalvik-cache on ext partition and swap automount (old fix)
- Some missing options in CyanogenMod settings (ultra-brightness, call settings, etc...) now work, but need some adjustment (a little bit unstable)
- Battery drain (the big battery drain by android system solved, but now the phone idle/standby power consumption is higher than other rom yet)
- Some cosmetic changes (Charger pictures, some icons, etc...)
- Remove ALL facebook inside Xperia things, and all unworking/unwanted things (the rom is lightweight now, dropped approx. 150 apks and libs)

Work in progress bugfixes:
- Downloadprovider: changed, seems working, but need more test
- Mediauploader: also changed, under testing
- Original SE lockscreen
- SE camera from 2.1 (not a big thing, but it have xperia look ) maybe never finished, too much differences between the two android version, the camera UI is very strange now...
- Wifi: now porting all network/wifi related things from nAa sources, maybe it help. If not, next step will be use original SE codes and wifi driver.
- Adjustable ram settings, dalvik on ext and swap automount in one kernel (not need a lot of version from kernel)
- Kernel related errors: trying to find solution these errors - sometime the phone not boot after restart when the usb plugged in - sometimes the dalvik-cache lost, and the boot will be very long because need rebuild the whole dalvik-cache (this is usually appeared when apps installed from recovery)
- Delayed SMS receive: conversations.apk sometime died, and not started again, need some adjustment in CMParts to keep this app in memory instead of mms.apk
- Compass in maps

Edit: I forgot, dropped the whole theme engine, use the original SE thememanager, but need a lot of mods in framework code (ActivityThread and Intent) to work correctly

Dropped or suspended development:
SemcGallery: dropped finally, because no real advantages to Gallery3D, but need a lot of work, needed a working drm, and a lot of dependencies found with Bravia Engine. I can say, the Bravia Engine NOT working, need binaries to enhance image quality, but these libs not available for armv6 (libswiqibmpcnv.so and some other bins)

SemcMusic: suspended now, I worked on old SE music player from 2.1, now waiting for Achotjan, if he can finish the drm porting, I will restart this with new 2.3 app.

MMS with original conversations app: also waiting for Achotjan, drm needed for MMS sending

DRM: if Achotjan cant make it, I will continue porting from 2.1 (I tried disassemly the 2.3 drm libs, but change all v7 instructions to v6 is too hard for me... )
Last edited by pilu1978; 27th April 2012 at 11:30 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pilu1978 For This Useful Post: [ View ]