[NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 9 Discussion Thread
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo
. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review
. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features
READ THEM !
Be sure to check out this list EVERY TIME you want to post a bug report !
- I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO FLASH FROM A CF-ROOTED STOCK GINGERBREAD ROM, JUST TO AVOID YOU HARD BRICKS.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- People bricked their phones using LPY kernel! You're warned!
- If market reports "Device not compatible", if Chrome doesn't work, remove your damn DPI change!
Read them. DO read them.
Read them once more.
First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy Note, or coming from another ROM:
- READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...sked_Questions
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
- DON'T flash FROM ANY SAMSUNG ICS!
- If you want to have a safe kernel, you might want to flash this kernel with Odin : http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1337346991
- Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
- Flash GApps zip
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
- Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!
Upgrading from earlier Teamhacksung build or Cyanogenmod nightlies (NOT Imilka's or any other build):
- Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash CM9 zip
- Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
Did you read the FAQ ?
Yes ? Read it once more.
Experimental builds - DEPRECATED/OUTDATED
These experimental builds are considered outdated/deprecated. Use nightly builds. I leave the links for further reference.
BUILD #7 - 2012/05/07
BUILD #6 - 2012/05/06
BUILD #5 - 2012/05/06
BUILD #4 - 2012/05/04
BUILD #3 - 2012/05/03
BUILD #2 - 2012/05/01
BUILD #1 - 2012/04/30
CHECK KNOWN ISSUES !
TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
Webchat : http://webchat.freenode.net/?channel...support&uio=d4
Or join us on IRC : irc.freenode.net #teamhacksung-support
xplodwild, mauimauer, entropy512, codeworkx, teamhacksung, cyanogenmod, and maybe a few others I might not think of right now
You can either help us by giving FULL bug reports WITH LOGS, WITH REPRO CASE, ETC
, or by submitting patches.
If you're not a developer, you can hit the "Donate to me
" button up ahead, or hit the Donate button on teamhacksung
Thanks to all donators!
_ Omni developer - Android - Check my twitter for the latest updates!
<codeworkx> YIPIJAHEY SCHWEINEBACKE
Galaxy S II i9100, Galaxy Note N-7000, Galaxy S III i9300 • Asus
TF300T, TF700T • Sony
Xperia T (mint) • LG
Nexus 4, Nexus 5 • Oppo
Find 5, N1 •
and other devices you've never heard of.
Press "Thanks" if I helped !