Or Continue to Thread: [APP][2.3+][V3.1.1] BETA! | ut…
Find Your Device:
4th May 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #753  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 4,663

2,621 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Known Bugs
*NEW*

[P] GPS icon appears when the recognition starts
[S] This is a bug in the Google Play Services application and you'll note that it is also happening in Google Now too. They are aware and hopefully will fix the issue soon.

[P] Wolfram|Alpha force closes
[S] In their latest update, they broke the ability to pass questions to their application Please do press 'report' if this happens to you, so they know it's a big problem and may even fix it quickly.....

[P] My recognition accuracy has gone down the toilet!
[S] This seems to effect some users after an update to the Google Search App. Go to your Android Application Settings and find Google Search. Click on the 'uninstall updates' (sometimes just uninstall) button. Reboot. Go to the Play Store and update/install again and the recognition accuracy should return to normal.

[P] utter! is really slow to start up
[S] This can be caused if you're using a Google TTS High Quality voice engine, as they are lagging the device badly and taking up to 10 seconds to initialise in some cases.

[P] My headset doesn't work properly
[S] I'm having a bit of a nightmare with various headsets and OS versions not playing well together... I'm working to improve this all of the time. There is a setting in the Power User Settings, where you can prevent utter! from connecting to it at all (useful for SmartWatches).

[P] Music stutters with wake-up-phrase
[S] It's a Google related bug that I can't fix. Instead I'm working on a completely different method, not using Google.

[P] Silence on translation commands
[S] Some voice engines, including IVONA, are reporting that language packs are correctly installed and ready to be used. If this isn't the case, then you will get silence...

[P] I get the toast ‘the recogniser is busy’
[S] Google Voice Search is failing to reasonably time-out the speech request. There is no current solution to this, other than turning utter! off and on again in the ActionBar of the main app page. It's really annoying..... You may have to kill Google Search too

[P] After the introduction, nothing happens and the app doesn’t start listening.
[S] Kill the voice engine in a task manager and/or utter! and try again
[S] Your voice engine is failing to report that it has finished speaking, which is used as a trigger across the application. Re-install all of your voice engine files, including those on the sdcard and reboot the device.
[S] If you are using IVONA, switch to another voice engine
[S] It can also be a hardware issue that cannot be resolved.

[P] Nothing happens when I press the speech shortcut.
[S] If you are using IVONA, switch to another voice engine
[S] Kill the voice engine in a task manager and/or utter! and try again
[S] Ensure you have correctly installed all of you voice engine files, including any additional downloads (200mb for IVONA)

[P] When I enable a preference, the UI still shows a cross
[S] This is a bug I've not been able to fix.. I'm updating the layout soon, so it won't be an issue then!

[P] When I say 'turn on WiFi', Google Voice Search returns 'call turn off WiFi' and 'text turn on Bluetooth' in the voice results?
[S] Google's 'association algorithms' are trying a little too hard. I can only continue to reverse engineer such anomalies as they are reported.
Last edited by brandall; 6th June 2014 at 07:36 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brandall For This Useful Post: [ View ]