Join Date:Joined: Jul 2005
Thought I should share my experience with you guys regarding the flashing of this rom. I'm new to Android from flashing, and only started getting my hands dirty about 2 weeks or so ago. I think the steps below will apply to any rom flashing too.
Generally, the instructions given by many is correct, but I had encountered numerous occasions that after flashing, clearing dalvik and factory reset, some how it gets stuck at reboot. In some instances, even doing these things in CMW, it doesn't complete them, i.e. screen stops after I start dalvik or factory reset. In all the cases, I had to remove the battery.
1. After many tries to flash rooted stock roms to my Note, one thing I realised is that it is good to do a factory reset from within the current rom you are using first.
2. Then let the rom reboot, set it up by skipping everything. Do another factory reset after letting the rom stabilize for a few minutes, especially if you have a 16Gb SD card.
3. Now if you are in CMW, do a factory reset and dalvik, make sure these run and able to complete. If they can't complete, remove battery, put it back, you will end up in CMW. Reboot to system and repeat step 2.
4. Only when step 3 is able to be completed without pulling out the battery, it means the cleaning is completed properly.
5. Proceed to flash the rooted rom using Odin PC. Inject CMW Kernel.
6. Use Root Explorer or ES File Explorer to paste a file into /system/app/ to make sure you didn't lose root.
7. Use Mobile Odin Pro to flash ICS Repack.
8. Get into CMW if you are not already, make sure you let it rest for a few minutes before trying to do dalvik and factory reset, and finally rebooting to system. I can't stress enough that leaving the device to stabilize after each operation is very very important.
9. Still in CMW, flash LiquidSmooth VI from Internal SD (recommended).
10. Repeat 8 then reboot to system.
11. If you successfully rebooted, I'll suggest you do step 1 again.
12. Do step 6 again to be sure.
13. Reboot again before configuring your settings.
Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2