Nevermind I figured out a workaround via Google. Pain in the ass there has to be a way to unhide it but if anyone is interested the steps I took were...
1. Must be using either nova or apex launcher
2. Long press on home screen and select shortcuts
3. Select activities (for whichever launcher you are using nova or apex)
4. Scroll down and select settings
5. Scroll down and select Quick Launch (the first one) and it should create the shortcut icon on your desktop
The shortcut takes you to the old quick Launch menu that allows you to assign the keys but I don't know where Google hid it thru the regular menu. Hope this helps anyone as much as it's gonna help me if not then what the hell you read it for? Lol
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk