[MOD][TMOUS]Wi-Fi Calling Patch - Rip from Official TMO ICS 05.15.12[SENSE][AOSP/CM9]

Search This thread

bigmoew

Jul 4, 2010
Here is the long-awaited Wifi-Calling app for Tmobile native for Ice Cream Sandwich

TO BE CLEAR: This is only for HTC SENSATION, not Vibrant, other Tmous android phones, etc.

Tested on Ordroid 5.0.0 - Calling works, volume works, texts/mms works, everything works!

You may need to delete Tmo Wifi Calling if you already have it installed.

DIRECTIONS:
Remove any instances of WiFi calling in System/Apps.
Reboot to Recovery
Clear cache/dalvik
Install the zip via recovery (CRM or 4ext)

Update: Added AOSP version

Credits:
casper200519 - basically replaced the files within his zip

Attachments

• WifiCallingICS.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 3,436
  • Screenshot_2012-05-15-03-38-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-15-03-38-08.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4,126
  • WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,377
Last edited:

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Here is the long-awaited Wifi-Calling app for Tmobile native for Ice Cream Sandwich

Tested on Ordroid 5.0.0 - Calling works, volume works, texts/mms works, everything works!

Included are two versions - One for sense, the other for AOSP

Credits:
Thanks so much for this! Will give a try:)

djdant

Nov 18, 2007
Elk Grove, Ca

Included are two versions - One for sense, the other for AOSP

Credits:

How long did you test for? & how long were your calls?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

blahbl4hblah

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Will test this tomorrow on a fresh build for cm9. Looks good

How's the texting and calling functions?
Just need feedback xD

Sent from my Sensation

bigmoew

Jul 4, 2010
How long did you test for? & how long were your calls?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Made about six calls lasting about a minute each, three outgoing, three incoming. Tested incall-speaker/speakerphone
Tested incoming/outgoing sms
Tested incoming/outgoing mms
Flashed around 5 hours ago, no drops or disconnects yet

Reactions: djdant

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
I tried flashing this but after reboot it tells me the wifi calling cannot open. The cache and data are wiped but still doesn't work, should I uninstall the app completely and try again with this zip?
edit- fixed it, uninstalled using titanium and then flashed the zip, seems like it did the job.

Last edited:

KAsp3rd

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2011
Louisville
As HTC decided not to go the route that I had anticipated that they would. I'll re-open my investigation on getting this working on AOSP.

This is essentially the same patch that I made but with updated RILs. I'll update my patch later today.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
You probably did what I did. The wifi calling app needs to be deleted before you can successfully install this updated zip, I used titanium backup to do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TO BE CLEAR: This is only for HTC SENSATION, not Vibrant, other Tmous android phones, etc.

DIRECTIONS:
    Remove any instances of WiFi calling in System/Apps.
    Reboot to Recovery
    Clear cache/dalvik
    Install the zip via recovery (CRM or 4ext)

Update: Added AOSP version

Credits:
    Aright,

After I tested - I found that maybe it worked for you, but it didnt for me. So I made it :D

1st NOTE - Please make a Nandroid backup instead something happens to your ROM.
    2nd NOTE - I am not responsible if your phone gets the clap. Sorry :/
    3rd NOTE - As of right now - MMS does NOT work.​

Now, here are the two ways to install:

1st way​
    Boot into recovery and flash the VisionWifiCallingv1.2_Android4.x.x.zip in recovery and reboot.
    If you are stuck in "reading SIM" or "enabling" and not getting anywhere for over a minute - its time to try the second way.

2nd way​
    Boot to recovery and flash WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip . After its done - flash VisionWifiCallingv1.2_Android4.x.x.zip. After its done - reboot and voila - you have a fully working wifi calling (no MMS for now... sorry)

All credit goes to: bigmoew, EdKeys and everyone else involved.
    I have a thread started in the HTC ONE X section. Any chance I can get some of your help on it there? I feel a port from the HTC ONE S TMOBILE should work but I don't know whats involved.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1694428

please?

I own a Sensation and ONE X & S
    I'm using AOKP M6 ROM and then I've flashed the WifiCallingICSAOSP.zip and then the VisionWifiCalling zip that was referenced for AOKP. I read that this was necessary to make it work. Actually, its just the GANOptimizer APK from the vision file thats required, but that's what I flashed. What did you use on your AOKP install?

I'm also using AOKP M6 based rom and I use my different wifi_calling and everything works like it should. I don't use the one from tonyo as it installs lots of unnecessary lib files that was for vision but it should still work. If you want to try mine you can, the link is below. If you still have problem then it might be something else wrong somewhere. You can try fresh install the rom and then the wifi_calling from the link below. Hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vd7icw712twt2cd

\Regards,
    Guys, I switched to a nonsense sense based rom, just so I can use wifi calling and I can not go back to CM9, because am expecting an important call.

Can someone, who is running CM9/AOKP test the zip that I have attached to this post? For some reason I am thinking that it might be working just fine...

Also, please do not forget to do a nandroid backup!!!! Cause if it messes your rom - you can simply restore back and not hate me :D

Thanks for your help! I took it from here. If it works - all props go to EdKeys for making it :D