Or Continue to Thread: HTC Flagship 2012 - HTC One X …
Find Your Device:
19th May 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #3737  
OP Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 14,291

21,802 posts
Tegra 3 One X has two display vendors, sharp and acer, you can pull the id using adb, the method is described in the two display thread

AT&T One X also has sony for display

ok back to the One X funny Tegra3 scaling

Sonic episode 2 is incredible this is the game to show off what tegra 3 can do, seriously ps3 quality but the game stuttters bad since ondemand governor rarely goes over 670 MHz during this game it reachs 1ghz at max n rarely over 2 cores

the gpu is linked to CPU clocks and hence low clocks equal less gpu performance

this is really bad news for non rooted users since they can control any of this

the good news with the latest stock kernel in
1.29.401.11, nvidia the performance governor now setting this governor locks it to 1200mhz in full quad mod!

with this sonic 2 is running liquid smooth and ripetide gp is 60fps despite being just 1200mhz same goes with shadowgun and glowball its like a different device

which is now what I do whenever I want to play a game, set it into preformance mode

its pretty clear they are struggling with the governor to balance between battery n heat

the easiest quickest solution for HTC is provide power options just like their older phones and transformer prime!

I think this deserve a petition more then anything for those with locked devices, u bought a powerhouse that is running at a fraction of its potential
Last edited by hamdir; 19th May 2012 at 03:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hamdir For This Useful Post: [ View ]