How to install Slim ICS properly?

Search This thread
G

GuestK00428

I want to use slim ics. The last time I tried it it showed me no service. How do I properly install it? Any help appreciated.

shizz22

Apr 26, 2012
If you are not on an ICS build then follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494493

And when you are finished with this guide:

1. Put the slim ics 3.6 base and essentials on to your sdcard
  2. format data
  3. clear cache
  4. clear dalvik cache
  5. then flash the slim ics base
  6. then flash the essentials

If the base flashed too quickly ie. under 5 seconds then flash it again before flashing essentials.

This is what I have done and its fine.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: ugartina
G

GuestK00428

Thanks guys. I will use that later. Now i'm very happy with ICSSGS. I will use your info later.

silverchairbg

May 13, 2012
No luck

I've been happy Slim ICS 3.4 user for about 2 months. Then checked that there is a 3.7 version and decided to upgrade. After download of base and I9000 essentials I've made an md5 check, which failed for both files. Considering that in the Android development topic people reported successful update to 3.7, I decided that the md5 published on the site must be wrong. To make sure it is not a download error, downloaded them several times but the md5 check failed everytime. Still decided to go and update and now I have softbricked my SGS. I'm a new user and don't have 10 posts to warn other users in the Slim ICS thread, so if someone here could do that, it would be great for the community. Now through the painful unbrick of my phone ..

Reactions: BlueFlame4

firenxe

Oct 2, 2010
The slim installer does not contain any modem
So upgrading from gb to slim requires you to flash a modem after the base+essential to get service :)

shizz22

Apr 26, 2012
Is this advise for me or original poster? Also how does it help? Coming from gb rom you inevitably have a modem, so what gives?

Just follow this guide to get back to GB and onto and ICS rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494493 (I'm assuming you can't apologies if you can)

Then just download the .zip files and transfer it to your phone and flash accordingly. http://code.google.com/p/slimics37/downloads/list

I downloaded the base via my phone and got the Md5 error but I flashed it anyway (wasn't planning to but forgot about the error) and it worked fine. I downloaded the essentials through my computer though so that may have been the problem?

silverchairbg

May 13, 2012
back in the game

Just follow this guide to get back to GB and onto and ICS rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494493 (I'm assuming you can't apologies if you can)

Then just download the .zip files and transfer it to your phone and flash accordingly. http://code.google.com/p/slimics37/downloads/list

I downloaded the base via my phone and got the Md5 error but I flashed it anyway (wasn't planning to but forgot about the error) and it worked fine. I downloaded the essentials through my computer though so that may have been the problem?

I know how to unbrick the SGS, at least from softbrick, thanks for your advise anyways. I just wanted to warn anybody else that might be absend-minded and does not check the md5s. But after all it seems you are right, although they did not match, after my unbrick I used the same files and this time it worked. Here's what I did: flashed essentials first, rebooted to recovery, formated system in mounts and storage, flashed base + essentials, rebooted. All fine and dandy, except, there is no modem as the original poster stated. Flashed one modem from the respective section here in XDA and I'm back in the game.

BlueFlame4

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2011
Dresden, Germany
I've been happy Slim ICS 3.4 user for about 2 months. Then checked that there is a 3.7 version and decided to upgrade. After download of base and I9000 essentials I've made an md5 check, which failed for both files. Considering that in the Android development topic people reported successful update to 3.7, I decided that the md5 published on the site must be wrong. To make sure it is not a download error, downloaded them several times but the md5 check failed everytime. Still decided to go and update and now I have softbricked my SGS. I'm a new user and don't have 10 posts to warn other users in the Slim ICS thread, so if someone here could do that, it would be great for the community. Now through the painful unbrick of my phone ..

I don't know what you did, but for me it worked the first time and I didn't have any md5 error. I downloaded it from the website, not via OTA.

shizz22

Apr 26, 2012
OTA gave me the error. Still worked with the Base. Used the essentials from the website.

madushan92

Aug 16, 2011
Colombo

i upgraded from 3.6 to 3.7 without problem. As it was recommended, I cleared my data and upgraded to 3.7 and restored some files from TB

Sent from ICS333

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are not on an ICS build then follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494493

And when you are finished with this guide:

1. Put the slim ics 3.6 base and essentials on to your sdcard
    2. format data
    3. clear cache
    4. clear dalvik cache
    5. then flash the slim ics base
    6. then flash the essentials

If the base flashed too quickly ie. under 5 seconds then flash it again before flashing essentials.

This is what I have done and its fine.

Hope this helps.
    No luck