OFFICIAL ICS DISCUSSION THREAD - ONLY HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gbil

May 19, 2008
Since ICS is closing upon us and some informations are already out, I'll gladly answer questions I can regarding the phone's behavior and performance.

Please note that I have no affiliation with Sony, Sony Ericsson etc. and I will not answer any 'strange' questions. Also this is a test software so whatever I write apply only to this specific version.

Attachments

• ics.jpg
    ics.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 479
Reactions: Roman91

arc_u

Oct 25, 2011
What about general smoothness compared to 2.3? And interface is the same as gingerbread? Some improvement? Battery life?

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
I already asked, but I doesn't hurt to ask again to someone who have the firmware in hands: any new gimmicks, features that Sony implemented, besides stock ICS, of course?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

lullesha

Jun 18, 2010
So I'm just going to ask that question that everybody is thinking: are there any exploits that can be used for rooting w/ unlocking bootloader after ICS update?

If you don't answer I'll understand your silence as a confirmation :p

Just kidding, but I'm really curious about the ICS update - mainly 'coz I fancy roboto, new recent apps view and UI (new buttons "feel" etc)

Now Sony will be using Roboto, right? *dead serious stare*

gbil

May 19, 2008
In general everything is stock ICS, I don't really use the Sony launcher but even that is better, more responsive and more compatible with widgets.

The album application is different, used instead of the gallery, which I like and films.

Other than that is seems that all the OTG functions are there when using the right cable, eg. mouse, usb stick etc.

Roman91

Apr 2, 2012
Rome
gbil what about the audio problem with HDMI (high pass filter)???
volume of the speakerphone during calls?
can shot 3/5mpx photo???
possibility to create folders inside the menu?
thank you:)

Last edited:

optik19918

Jan 3, 2012
München
"Hi 4 days ago i recived the android jellybean update, is so cool now with the update i got another 6 cores, another 2gb of ram and 2tb of memory! Oh and i forgot the Most important thing, in morning it wakes up and makes coffe for me! Oh i trowed away even my car becose the Phone now can transform in to a Ferrari, I have a screenshot to, tomorrow i wil post the video of my phone tranformed in the Ferrari" hahahahah

So guys this is for those few people who belive evrything! don't belive evrything you see in internet android is so simple to edit to make it show one thing for another!

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337696154741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337696154741.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 392

Roman91

Apr 2, 2012
Rome

"Hi 4 days ago i recived the android jellybean update, is so cool now with the update i got another 6 cores, another 2gb of ram and 2tb of memory! Oh and i forgot the Most important thing, in morning it wakes up and makes coffe for me! Oh i trowed away even my car becose the Phone now can transform in to a Ferrari, I have a screenshot to, tomorrow i wil post the video of my phone tranformed in the Ferrari" hahahahah

So guys this is for those few people who belive evrything! don't belive evrything you see in internet android is so simple to edit to make it show one thing for another!

I see no reason to do this joke. But certainly it 's possible

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel

C'mon guys calm down, and you can't just edit the kernel build nr. Without the kernel sources, think about that before you post something like this. Now you look really stupid :p

Keep the thread clean instead of posting these things.

FAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently, you do not want this thread to remain open.
    And I do not want to hear anyone saying I am unfair because even though yesterday I posted this:

Thread cleaned and re-opened.
    Ideally, no new posts should be made before the actual release.
    If you absolutely have to post something, it has to be some kind of new information.
    This is not an IRC chatroom, nor a place to blow off steam.
    Please proceed on topic, that being the ICS update.
    Next time, I will lock it permanently.

I let the thread grow 10 pages of chat-like posts repeating over and over the exact same speculations and decided I would let you guys kill some time until the update.

(I've been an X10 user dying to get Gingerbread and then an Arc S user waiting for an ICS update. I know how torturing the waiting can be and how it can get to anyone's nerves. Whether we admit it or not, our mobile phones become a big part of our lives, that is why most of us are here anyway.)

But opening this thread today and seeing personal attacks between members is not something I can let slip. You proved that you cannot keep a low-key discussion and I am not willing to keep cleaning up after you.

Thread closed.
    A comprehensive FAQ for a concerned ICS zealot
    The text in italics is unconfirmed or doubted information

Q: When is ICS being released?
    A: Q2 2012. That is the second three months, i.e. April, May and June.

Q: Why is it taking so long?
    A: Because the Xperia S was released in the process of the Sony/Ericsson merger. They are still working on integration between the teams and much more that needs to be done.

Q: Any chance we get it earlier?
    A: Yes, starting from this week (05/21/12) to early June.

Q: When does <country> get it?
    A: The rollout usually starts in Nordic countries (Sweden, homeland of Ericsson) and then continues when local carrier testing is passed. However once it's out in Sweden, someone will surely upload a flashable FTF for us all to enjoy :)

Q: Any chance we see a leaked build?
    A: Not from me. If anyone else wants to leak it, you're welcome.

Q: What's the version?
    A: Android 4.0.4 with kernel 3.0.8. Sony build is 6.1.A.0.3xx or 4xx.

Q: Will it have face unlock?
    A: Yes.

Q: Will it have <any other feature here>?
    A: The feature set is close to ICS for 2011 devices, but there will be some goodies.

Q: Is battery life any good?
    A: Really good, better than .73.

Q: Do we have any factual proof?
    A: See the proof list below.

Factual proof list

Changelog
    • 21/05/2012: Started the FAQ

PM me if I missed anything (or just ask in the thread again :p) and please, don't quote this post ever.
    Lets see if I can get something up and running for u guys ;-)

it seem to me that only names have changed from sony ericsson to sony but all old lazy empty head basters :mad: stay where as it was before where are those blady reduction jobs they taking ****ing wages and keep chairs warm getting fat. :rolleyes:

sorry for wording

With that efficiency they can only dream about increase profit and market share:eek:

btw end of the Q2 is end of june ? so eventually we got only two weeks delay so is not too bad:D

They want and are able to increase profits and market share. Things are changing for Sony and inside Sony. They're not lazy, they are busy upgrading your grandma's Xperia pro. Not a single other manufacturer delivered updates for every previous generation device, even budget dumbphones. Sony did, or at least they are working to do it. Sony is the biggest AOSP contributor after Google itself. Sony pushes the new Xperia lineup aggressively and I've already seen a whole bunch of people switch to the S and the P, some of them ditching their iPhones. Sony hires highly qualified engineers and software developers, not some 'old lazy empty head basters'. I'm not being a fanboy here, the only company I'm a fanboy of is Studio Ghibli. I'm just trying to make you all understand the good things. The Galaxy S is not getting ICS. The Xperia active is. Because they ducking care for you. Because the universe doesn't end with the Xperia S. Because there are more people with 2011 Xperia devices who want to get ICS. Because there are people with 2011 Samsung devices that never will. Because you, yes you, are f-wording the people who care for you.
    If anyone from Sony is reading it: sadly, the only thing that's expressed publicly about you is whine and insults. I feel sorry for this and for the state of XDA in general. We don't post love letters here, but we are thankful for all the work you've done. We care about you and we understand you don't owe us anything. Take your time, make it perfect and watch the whine turn into love.