Find Your Device:
22nd May 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #20  
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 452

1,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf

So, now I challenge any developer to get this working.

Seconded!

Actually, its really a shame how gimped this phone comes, now that I'm aware of more of its capabilities. For the first "Beats Audio" phone to the USA, where you would assume its audio features would have been the most important area of focus, most of the stock capabilities of the hardware aren't even implemented.

-So we have an FM Transceiver that can currently neither transmit, nor receive. The transmitter especially is an awesome features for people who spend a lot of time in a car listening to their own music.
-We have a relatively hifi audio DAC, the WM8903, with an awesome built-in headphone amp capable of driving big studio cans. Not implemented. The audio on this phone is processed entirely in software, essentially limiting the capabilities of the WM8903 chip to a simple headphone-jack interface and nothing more.
-Beats Audio mode itself was supremely disappointing in its extremely limited implementation.
-5Ghz Wifi capable but it appears to not be implemented either.

All of this stuff could probably be fixed. I know Anthrax kernel supports processing audio in the DAC, I know Voodoo Sound is compatible with this chip and supports the DAC and headphone amp but its currently not available on the Rezound...
The wifi and FM radio are both handled by the same chip, so likely we just need a proper driver or kernel support to add in the missing features supported by the chip.

**edited for false information**
gsmarena.com posted that the Rezound utilizes the Wolfson 8903 DAC. This appears to be false. The Rezound actually appears to utilize the TI AIC3254
Last edited by a.mcdear; 5th September 2012 at 03:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to a.mcdear For This Useful Post: [ View ]