Case/bumper that doesn't add bulk

Search This thread

KennyLegend

Jan 13, 2011
Cork
The slim case ain't released yet though.
The clear looks good on the blue phone while the blue suits the white phone.

Hi Guys,

just want to share my unfortunate event happened to my 8days old SIII.

So my advice to you guys. Especially if you have occasionally butter fingers like I do. Get a good casing to protect your new S III.

Case mate for u then? On my S2 I had a class mate tough and and a case mate pop (for the stand) and I would recommend both highly. Bit bulky but excellent protection

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: mark.m.moran

jamesbra

Oct 2, 2010
Anyone ever heard of this brand? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00817VW92/

I'm looking for a case for mine (that hopefully will be arriving at the end of june) and want something small but it has to have a kickstand, and not one made from the belt clip. I've never seen this brand before but it looks like what I want

kidd78

Mar 5, 2007
Only thing is on the site it says its white not clear so Im guessing the lines are white so it wouldnt look good on Blue. Let us know when you get it please

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/genuine-samsung-s3-slim-case-white-efc-1g6swec-twin-pack-p35227.htm

These look really thin and would offer mild protection from minor slips and falls.

a.jpg

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
I think the d30 cases will be the best combination. They seem to have good impact protection.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

mvh_01

Sep 13, 2010
Ordered the Rock case. Should be here in a few days. From what I hear, it's a nice grippy case.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
Just in case anyone is wondering, Incipio's customer service says the Feather case fits the US AT&T S3. I just ordered one.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

monkeyhihi

Feb 22, 2011
Houston
The feather case (and others of that particular style) look minimalistic, cool and whatnot, but honestly they don't seem like they would protect the phone very well, especially against anything like a chest-high drop. Does incipio have drop tests of these cases? Id have to see it to believe it..l

hah2110

Nov 11, 2008
The feather case (and others of that particular style) look minimalistic, cool and whatnot, but honestly they don't seem like they would protect the phone very well, especially against anything like a chest-high drop. Does incipio have drop tests of these cases? Id have to see it to believe it..l

The D30 cases have drop tests and are pretty thin.

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
I don't think there will be any other hard/gel/tpu case that feels as good and "one with the phone" as the Rock Quicksand Polycarbonate case.

It really does feel like it's melded with the phone and looks great too:

rockcase_profiletopedge.jpg

Yeah, it's a good looking case, but your clear DSLR w/ high DoF macro photos make it look even more sexilicious. Are you sure they're not paying you? :)

FWIW, I ordered the grey Rock case too for my white S3 (for $10 from ebay VS $30 from mobilefun.uk shipped to the US), mainly because it looked great, and because I was able to confirm that there was enough of a lip on the front to protect the screen when face down, and that the bottom & top edges weren't totally exposed, unlike many other hard cases.

Still, the cheap soft TPU cases provide better grip and impact protection than polycarb, especially if you're a clutz who plans on dropping the phone a few times.

I'll be wearing TPU by day, and Rock by night! </samsung superhero>

Reactions: GalaxyFan88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't think there will be any other hard/gel/tpu case that feels as good and "one with the phone" as the Rock Quicksand Polycarbonate case.

It really does feel like it's melded with the phone and looks great too:

rockcase_profilebottom.jpg

rockcase_profiletop.jpg

rockcase_profiletopedge.jpg

rockcase_profileside.jpg
    How does the rock case work with the screen facing the table, is there enough of a lip that the case contacts the table versus the screen?

Hey which color is that case? Black or Grey?
    Looks like its Grey in the pic's which is what I was going to order unless the Black is really that light.
    Thanks

Mine is the black one, my flash and lighting make it look greyer :p It's quite light in blackness in person too though but looks good.

There is enough lip to protect the screen!

quicksandcase_top.jpg
    There is a lip on the official ROCK case and the gap between camera lens and the surface when laid flat is at least 1mm so is well protected. The fake ROCK cases have no lip and they're slightly thinner too but still provide some gap.

No dust issues at all getting in and scratching :)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

I've searched but cannot find the location where the custom icons were posted. Can you by chance direct link it? Thanks!

Icons are here: http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/android/icons/
    See it in person before deciding of course but yeah I think the blue looks more professional and less like a toy like white phones do. Less mainstream colour as well :p

My setup is Nova Launcher Prime, custom icons posted in desktops thread already, Snowstorm weather and pure calendar agenda widget :)