Contest: Win a ARM CORTEX M0 Development Board

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
We're giving away a STM32 F0 DISCOVERY development board.

Contest
  1. Enter your idea in this thread
  2. add pictures, links, video or whatever else you can add.
  3. Do anything you can (except create new accounts) to get people to click the thanks button
  4. Contest ends Saturday, 23 June 2012
  5. Winner gets a STM32f0 Discovery board

Rules
  • Anyone caught creating new accounts will be disqualified. There are automated systems in place for detecting this which alert admins and senior moderators to pay attention to your new account for review.
  • One post per person. Multiple posts will be deleted. No exceptions
  • Use of social media (Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube) are encouraged.
TLDR
You have one week. Put your idea in this thread, then get on your favorite social media service to get people to click that thanks button on your post.

Last edited:

Rick_1995

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2009
Santa Clara
I'm going to use it to write a High performance micro kernel (i will later fix up for cortex-A8, HD2 :D) and for testing the ARMASM code i write, (which i currently test on my only phone, HD2 and it's painful to do so thanks to HTC's SPL, MPU, NAND fatigue and the fact that i need it working the next day).

It has Thumb (2) support so i will try my hand at that too, thumb2 promises quite a lot of code density with somewhat the same performance.

Also I'd be porting the Little Kernel to it, which already has support for cortex-M3

Last edited:

mrcarte

Jun 16, 2012
i will use it to develop a better wireless usb card. i already have one. a arthos 2255. i would like to mod these too together for use with any O.S. my idea would be that you just plug and play. kida like a gui. you plug it in and a window comes up and you can see the progress of it emulating it self into your system O.S and any hardware without internet. might have to put bigger a storage device. but it can be done.. AND I WILL DO IT!

brooc

Jul 2, 2010
What I'll do with it...

I would try and create a WiFi cracker with it by connecting a WiFi midule to it and also try to run the Android OS on it, and finally I would do some home automation on it, DLNA and remote controlling various things.

Please hit thank you!
I really really want this...

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
I will build full framework that connects your Discovery to internet (home network => public IP, if you have one), runs web server, gathers data from all over the house via NRF24L01-based wireless network (another small ATTiny based modules with humidity, temperature, .. sensors, controlling lights and power etc) and provides them on web page.

xstokerx

Jan 26, 2012
winnipeg
Google Pixel 5
I would give it one of the devs for the lg optimus thrill/3d because I'm not a dev but it would probably help development for my device greatly and mabie we could get some good stuff going on this phone

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
I would use it to develop a custom AOSP-based image for use as a low-cost media tablet, with IR, DLNA, Remote Control and a TV tuner for the ultimate lounge room accessory.

k1w33d

Jan 31, 2011
A Real Car-puter

I would use it, in conjunction with an application board, to build a carputer...not one that allows you to listen to or watch pirated media. One which will automate things such as wipers and headlights. For the wipers, my car has only one intermittent setting so I would like to add in more settings. Maybe also look into rain sensors at some point but not initially. Headlights will be controlled by time (automatically coming on at night)and light sensors to turn on lights during daytime hours when lighting conditions are poor or if I am driving through a tunnel). Also use speed limit information hacked from gps maps to light up my dash gauges with different colours depending on my current speed and the posted speed limit (Red > 5% over speed limit, green for 10% under to 5% over the speed limit blue > 10% under the speed limit and no colour for missing speed limit information.
I know the usage is light for such a board but it leaves room for expansion and the projects I have here seem to be a good starting point for learning with.

Future projects could include controlling things such as ignition, doors and windows, heating etc from my phone and eventually building a customised alarm system. Also, some sort of laser mounted to a servo that will project a line/image onto the road to give following drivers a guide to what distance they should be from you depending on the speed you are travelling.

Good luck to everyone that enters.

Last edited:

paul96

Aug 21, 2010
XDA
First, I would learn how to use it then use it to get the Robitics merit badge(im in scouts) and show other scouts how to do it. I would also integrate it somehow into my science project that will help people(still have some planning to do :/) for school.

Good Luck :D

technolust109

May 22, 2011
Melbourne
im going to use it for education and i will be using it for my 2 final years of high school making automated systems in my engineering and IT Classes!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm going to use it to write a High performance micro kernel (i will later fix up for cortex-A8, HD2 :D) and for testing the ARMASM code i write, (which i currently test on my only phone, HD2 and it's painful to do so thanks to HTC's SPL, MPU, NAND fatigue and the fact that i need it working the next day).

It has Thumb (2) support so i will try my hand at that too, thumb2 promises quite a lot of code density with somewhat the same performance.

Also I'd be porting the Little Kernel to it, which already has support for cortex-M3
    I will build full framework that connects your Discovery to internet (home network => public IP, if you have one), runs web server, gathers data from all over the house via NRF24L01-based wireless network (another small ATTiny based modules with humidity, temperature, .. sensors, controlling lights and power etc) and provides them on web page.
    I'm going to find out what it is.
    We're giving away a STM32 F0 DISCOVERY development board.

Contest
    1. Enter your idea in this thread
    2. add pictures, links, video or whatever else you can add.
    3. Do anything you can (except create new accounts) to get people to click the thanks button
    4. Contest ends Saturday, 23 June 2012
    5. Winner gets a STM32f0 Discovery board

Rules
    • Anyone caught creating new accounts will be disqualified. There are automated systems in place for detecting this which alert admins and senior moderators to pay attention to your new account for review.
    • One post per person. Multiple posts will be deleted. No exceptions
    • Use of social media (Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube) are encouraged.
    TLDR
    You have one week. Put your idea in this thread, then get on your favorite social media service to get people to click that thanks button on your post.
    Programmable Effects Box

My friend and I were planning to create a cost-effective programmable guitar effects box. We thought this could be something big knowing that you can actually have an array of guitar effects at your disposal for a price not more than 300 dollars. No, probably not even 250 or 200 depending on the design. It just seems like either the distributors or the manufacturers are overpricing their stuff. Imagine, a simple and decent distortion pedal, nothing else, for more than 200 dollars? That's just madness, especially for upstart guitarists. But what else can they do? Instead of saving for more tools, they're saving for expensive effects.

This project would provide a different option for them. As long as they know how programming works, once they have the device, their only limit is their imagination.

This development kit would greatly help our plans, because we're actually trying to find out which is more cost-effective: using a low-profile x86 or using an ARM?

We're going to use Linux for the actual operating system. Then we'll create/modify a scripting engine. It's like Jesusonic, the one created by Cockos. But we're going to make it better, like we're going to license the system under GPL if in case it becomes a success, then open it to all platforms if possible, things like that. Plus, we'll release the schematics to the public. :D