[Kernel][CM7 / Miui] Devil 0.08 - 381 mb ram - Bln V9 - Live_oc - Voodoo Color

Search This thread

Kis_Paksi

Jun 10, 2009
Szálka
Yes, but only in RAM usage! Bln (doesn't working) only with BLN application etc. with BLN Control Pro, GPS work partially, but the OC work fine! I'm waiting a NEW RELEASE, for example Glitch v13.1 functions with Devil RAM usage! I use now the Glitch Kernel v13.1 with MIUI 2.3.7, weekly build 2.4.6, 1,2gHz but the RAM usage isn't GOOD :( :( i have rebooted phone 180-190MB free RAM! :( with Devil 0.08 210-220MB!!! but the GPS bug :( :( :(
someone could make a mix :)

Is this kernel better than glitch v13.1 ??

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

dark_knight35

Jan 15, 2012
Yes, but only in RAM usage! Bln (doesn't working) only with BLN application etc. with BLN Control Pro, GPS work partially, but the OC work fine! I'm waiting a NEW RELEASE, for example Glitch v13.1 functions with Devil RAM usage! I use now the Glitch Kernel v13.1 with MIUI 2.3.7, weekly build 2.4.6, 1,2gHz but the RAM usage isn't GOOD :( :( i have rebooted phone 180-190MB free RAM! :( with Devil 0.08 210-220MB!!! but the GPS bug :( :( :(
someone could make a mix :)

'RAM usage' sounds like glitch kernel consumes the RAM. Actually devil is bigmem patched what gives more RAM. Glitch could easily also do this, but he doesn't.

Cu8eR

Jan 8, 2012
Olomouc
Yeah, it is ROM related... official CM7 has this problem with GPS with any kernel - fugumod/devil/stock... so use older versions :)

Kocai

Oct 24, 2011
Just flashed back to CM7 two days ago. Flashed this kernel an hour ago and GPS lock is fast. No problem at all. Using CM7 20120520 nightly. Thanks for putting the touchwake feature DerTeufel :D

Edit: forgot to ask, if it's not too much trouble, please a make version without the VC. Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Last edited:

nguyen47

Jul 30, 2011
I try both profile of wifi but I still have wifi drop all the time . Can you fix it for next release ?

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

cr4zy.b0y

Feb 7, 2010
Bucharest RO / Wels AT
Please fix wifi-drop :(

same issue here :D ... i think is a common android issue, sometimes happened even on ICS roms ... i rebooted my router and worked most of the cases :D ... i know that today connected few times without issues right after flashing CM7.2 (coming from ICS, wanted to test this release :D ) BUT now i have wi-fi bug ... it stucks to "obtaining ip address" ... there's no hurry, I'm too tired even to reboot router, I'll take a break, I can live with it 'coz I know it will be easly solved :))

give it a try and reboot router OR you could try this: search the "ultimate kernel cleaning script" (or something like this :D) , wipe cache and dalvik, flash the script, flash the kernel and reboot ... after flashing try rebooting router too (router might think that phone is flooding - at least mine thinks so, looked in stats :)) )

as a last solution you might flash cleaning script and reflash the rom (wipe or no wipe, but I think wipe is recommended)

hope it helped :) (if not PLEASE don't throw tomatoes at me :p)

Last edited:

nguyen47

Jul 30, 2011
But with stock kernel or neo kernel, wifi is very stable, never lost signal. I think there is something with the kernel

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

Reactions: Jose_Paramore

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features:
    - (365 mb) 381 mb Ram now, with working 720p recording and playback
    - Touchwake
    - Live_oc (setup with nstools from market)
    - Custom Voltage (setup with nstools from market)
    - Bln V9 (setup with nstools or bln app)
    - voodoo color
    - vibrator intensity control
    - sysfs to control wifi mode
    - really smooth ondemand
    - fixed smartass V2 for use with live_oc
    - lulzactive governor

Downloads:
    http://devil.haxer.org/Devil CM7/
    http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/divers/Devil CM7/

If anyone is going to switch to another phone, or knowing someone who is going to do so, it would be great, if it could be donated to me, cause I need my phone for daily use. Switching between cm7 and cm9 is not practicable all days.
    Code:
    [B]next:[/B]
    - deep idle V2?

[B]27.04.2012[/B]
    - Touchwake
    - Vibrator intensity control
    - much more governors
    - color fix
    - Wifi changes

[B]25.04.2012[/B]
    - 381 mb Ram with working 720 p recording and playback
    - BLN V9 (to be controlled by using bln app or nstools)
    - Live_oc
    - Custom Voltage

[B]24.04.2012[/B]
    - fixed first release :p
    - Devil boot logo
    - voodoo color

many thanks to:
    - malcho, who compiled cm7 for me, to get the libs for ram patch :)
    - onecosmic and team icssgs, who motived me, to start compiling (my cm9 kernel was the first time doing anything with kernels and C :p)
    - mailwe
    - stratosk
    - zacharias.maladroid
    new kernel online. changelog updated
    I'll try to find some time, but i don't promise anything.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
    new release online.

sorry for the problems yestersday....

added:
    - my own bootlogo
    - voodoo color