The cases/pouches thread - Which to get?

Search This thread

ChrisH87

Aug 14, 2011
Case combo

Picked up the Rock Quicksand in black for my pebble blue S3 - fantastic case!

For what it's worth, the combination fit perfectly in the official Samsung Galaxy Note slip pouch. There's just the right amount of resistance to stop the phone sliding but not so much that the material is over stretched. :)

Chris

Last edited:

shue249

Apr 7, 2011
Picked up the Rock Quicksand in black for my pebble blue S3 - fantastic case!

For what it's worth, the combination fit perfectly in the Galaxy Note case. There's just the right amount of resistance to stop the phone sliding but not so much that the material is over stretched. :)

Chris

+1. Using the same colour rock and it looks really good

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

shorty083

Aug 6, 2009
Very nice bumper cases in different colours

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-TRIDEA-T...ccessories&hash=item3376e0a7df#ht_6368wt_1163

TRIDEA-Galaxyss3-JELLY_05.jpg

Just received a blue one, but can't say I'm happy with it.
My blue one fits a bit loosely and I feel that it won't offer any protection whatsoever to the sides if I would drop it.

robbiekhan

Aug 22, 2009
Genuine ROCK case really is one of the best feeling and fitting cases I have ever seen. Beats any official Samsung case or any other brand maker I have seen.

It's got perfect grip, perfect finish and the colour and design is perfect on the PB S3 too.

Whoever first linked it deserves a prize :p

.Arkham

Mar 25, 2011
Toronto
Genuine ROCK case really is one of the best feeling and fitting cases I have ever seen. Beats any official Samsung case or any other brand maker I have seen.

It's got perfect grip, perfect finish and the colour and design is perfect on the PB S3 too.

Whoever first linked it deserves a prize :p

I agree it's a beauty, but for me (and others) it's fatal flaw is the lack of top & bottom edge coverage. For that alone it's a no-sale fail.

shorty083

Aug 6, 2009
Can we finally get photos of one of these on an actual s3?? Please

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Here are some pictures
DSC00639.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

Don't know if it's really noticeable on the last picture but the sides of the bumper case don't really close/fit nicely over the sides of the phone.
I don't think the bumper will stay on all that well when put in a tight jeans pocket etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wond3r

VelocityGrill

Dec 2, 2011
OnePlus 12R
Just got a few pictures of new SGS3 cases that were being passed around the office - the Metal Slim PU Protective and SD Smart Stand.

Metal Slim PU Protective Case

So the idea of the Metal Slim is that it is a slim metallic case that provides a good amount of texture and grip to the S3, which is one the of few issues with its slick design. As you can see in this picture, it's quite a noticeably textured surface that looks pretty cool too.

metalslim1.jpg

From the front it's more tame, with the sides and covers being covered and protected. You should be well protected from drops in this case!

metalslim2.jpg

SD Smart Stand Case

Then we've got the SD Smart Stand Case. As you can see it's pretty unremarkable from the front, with a white ring that covers all corners, top and bottom, of the phone.

smartstand1.jpg

It gets more interesting when you get around to the rear of the phone - there's a flexible metal stand in the back which curls out in a really cool way - the rest of the time it is perfectly straight. It's essentially like those snap-on bracelets which are rigid but will roll up when pushed in the right area.

smartstand2.jpg

Links for more infos :)

Metal-Slim PU Protective Case - Black
SD Smart Stand Case - White

slekkas

Oct 25, 2007
Just got a few pictures of new SGS3 cases that were being passed around the office - the Metal Slim PU Protective and SD Smart Stand.

So the idea of the Metal Slim is that it is a slim metallic case that provides a good amount of texture and grip to the S3, which is one the of few issues with its slick design. As you can see in this picture, it's quite a noticeably textured surface that looks pretty cool too.

metalslim1.jpg

From the front it's more tame, with the sides and covers being covered and protected. You should be well protected from drops in this case!

metalslim2.jpg

SD Smart Stand Case

Then we've got the SD Smart Stand Case. As you can see it's pretty unremarkable from the front, with a white ring that covers all corners, top and bottom, of the phone.

smartstand1.jpg

It gets more interesting when you get around to the rear of the phone - there's a flexible metal stand in the back which curls out in a really cool way - the rest of the time it is perfectly straight. It's essentially like those snap-on bracelets which are rigid but will roll up when pushed in the right area.

smartstand2.jpg

Links for more infos :)

Metal-Slim PU Protective Case - Black
SD Smart Stand Case - White

Dude thanks a million . I've been asking about the sd for days now and no one answered me. Can you tell me your personal opinion of the quality you felt from this case?
Im looking for a case with a stand that comes from a good manufacturer and is not huge. If anyone has any suggestions please help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: .Arkham

.Arkham

Mar 25, 2011
Toronto

I saw these in several places, but under "Materials" it was always described as plastic (it's a "metal look" instead). Is it really metal?

You're 50% right. Unfortunately this is another case with incomplete covereage. :(

Great pics. Thanks! Going to check out that "Metal" link to compare to the ones I've seen elsewhere.

Edit: From the Metal-Slim product page. Still no mention of metal.

Made from a toughened injection moulded plastic, the Metal-Slim PU Protective Case provides full-body coverage for your Samsung Galaxy S3. The Metal Slim case effortlessly absorb shocks and impacts. The soft interior is moulded seamlessly with the high gloss plastic and outer shell for added shielding. The raised front side also keeps your screen clear from possible damage if placed or dropped face down onto a surface.

If the "outer shell" was metal, you'd think they'd specify it.

From the main product description:

Specifically made for the Samsung Galaxy S3, this protective PU carbon fibre hard shell will shield your phone from everyday knocks and drops.

PU=polyurethane. Plastic. And I seriously doubt it's carbon fibre. "Look", yes, but not CF.

Does it feel like there's metal underneath the plastic? Try bending it. ;)

Last edited:

kdogguk

Mar 13, 2011
Folkestone
2 quickie -:

1. Won't metal cases affect the aerial and lessen signal?

2. I got a leather flip case for my SGS III off ebay, not thinking and can't close it while it's charging cos the charger connects at the bottom of the phone! Not a major problem. But bit of an annoyance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts