[GUIDE] How to Fix Rolling CWM Recovery P7510 WIFI & 3g p7500 (24\06\12)

Search This thread

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
Hi Guys,

I had the same issue, so I used this method to run ICS, thanks bugs9477!

I then had some issues and I then reloaded 3.2 HC, then when I tried to go back to ICS, the rolling recovery was back. So with pershoot's help I got it working again in a shorter method by just flashing the bootloader.bin in odin not the complete ROM. See Below.

This will work for first time users as well.

odin.jpg

Installation instructions:
  • Download bootloader.
  • Start Odin 1.85
  • Select BOOTLOADER and choose downloaded file
  • Put tab in download mode (press power+ vol down, vol up to select download mode)
  • Connect tab to PC with USB cable
  • Press Start.
  • Tab should restart itself.
  • done.

You can download the file from here

Hope this helps out.

OP maybe update the first post with the instructions if you do not mind?

Last edited:

itsmix

Jan 16, 2011
Cardiff
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Followed instructions from OP, TAB stuck on Samsung logo, re booted in to recovery (stock) full factory whip + cache, re started, had a clean machine, copied over from PC saved files including cm backups, system restore carried out, TAB runs like a dream.
Just updated recovery via rom manager to the touch version and all is Rosie in the garden.
Many thanks.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

WiK1d

Feb 21, 2010
Pretoria
www.bertusras.com
Hi Guys,

I then had some issues and I then reloaded 3.2 HC, then when I tried to go back to ICS, the rolling recovery was back. So with pershoot's help I got it working again in a shorter method by just flashing the bootloader.bin in odin not the complete ROM. See Below.

View attachment 1152840

• Download bootloader.
  • Start Odin 1.85
  • Put tab in download mode (press power+ vol down, vol up to select download mode)
  • Press Start.
  • done.

Hope this helps out.

This isn't working for me :(

I'm getting this in Odin

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> bootloader.tar.md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

starfox1

Sep 4, 2005
Please check your download, maybe it is corrupt: Here is the checksum for you to double check? Let me know.

fdcb71be2a0f95bed751b4bbb63c6b58 bootloader.tar.md5

Same problem, check sum doesn't match, the file is not corrupted cause can be extracted by 7zip, check sum of the found file is :[A32D723D15B65E07DA69653F5A0AC810]

thanks

nicktaken

Jul 17, 2012
is it possible to get the original bootloader?

Because i flashed the fix for cwm but my screen flickers when i press power button to unlock the tablet.

Maheer

Jul 24, 2012
is it possible to get the original bootloader?

Because i flashed the fix for cwm but my screen flickers when i press power button to unlock the tablet.

I Have The Same Problem , my screen flickers when i press power button to unlock the tablet.
please i need the original recovery for tab 7500 if its possible.

thank you so much and I am waiting your respond.

whoelsec

Jan 12, 2010
Singapore
Hi Guys,

View attachment 1155572

• Download bootloader.
  • Start Odin 1.85
  • Press Start.
  • done.

Hope this helps out.

Do you know if this method can be used on Galaxy Tab 8.9 as well, as in, can the bootloader file be used for both 10.1 and 8.9? My Galaxy Tab 8.9 having same rolling recovery issue... but not much information about GT 8.9 can be found on the web...

LVNona

Sep 17, 2007
Vancouver
Is there any specific guide hoe to rolling screen flickering in new Task rom with ICS 4.0.4 firmware. Flash goes no problems, but when you turn the screen off and back - get troubles.

ezio84

Oct 18, 2009
Giovinazzo (Bari)
Same problem for me (p7510):

- with the stock Honeycomb bootloader, i have rolling screen in CWM and modded Honeycomb roms;

- with the modded bootloader made by pershoot and isimobile i can install CWM (all builds) and Honeycomb roms (like Overcome) without the rolling screen;

- with the stock ICS bootloader, i have rolling screen in CWM and modded ICS roms;

- on ICS stock, CWM works fine with the modded bootloader, but rolling screen comes back when i start the rom;

- if i flash JBean roms and CWM over the stock ICS rom (= stock bootloader), i have the rolling screen in CWM and the rolling screen with the rom until i lock/unlock the screen (i need to do it only the first time);

- if i flash the modded bootloader, JBean roms and CWM work good.

Last edited:

vlegel

Sep 12, 2010
Has anyone managed to fix the rolling screen problem after waking up from no screen in ICS?
Managed to get it fixed with HC, but no luck so far on ICS....

vlegel

Sep 12, 2010
Stock UK from sammobile, CM I think was 5.5.0.4, not sure. I followed the method in the 'flash and root', topic in the development forum.
That made CM roll, but fixed it with flashing only the bootloader. I this fixed the rolling out of CM, although the menu looked enlarged and with spaces between the two of choices. Still, it made it possible to flash the root zip. After that, all looked normal till the screen went off. After waking it, and rolling galore...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    isimobile along with pershoot has found a faster and better way of fixing this!:good:

I suggest you use isimobile's method found " HERE !!"
    Don't forget to thank him!!! or we'll fallow you home and poop in your driveway!

If for some reason that does not work try my method!

Sorry Mods I wasn't sure which forum I should put this in please move if incorrect!

A little history before I continue!

I recently decided to Root my TELUS GT-P7510/16GB/WIFI so I went to the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android Development Forum and fallowed S0ckM0nk3y's [ACSyndicate] [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi Only
    Everything was going fine until I was to put it into Recovery Mode (At this point Its CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.7) to Flash Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip, but as soon as it booted into Recovery the screen was scrolling as shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhGm6kq_4dg&feature=player_embedded by castiel19.
    There is nothing you can do to correct this except fallow my Guide (OR) download and install the only CWM Recovery that works for us with this problem which is ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar
    ... I have tried all of them and this is the only one that works....For me anyways!

I was not satisfied with this as I Purchased ROM Manager and it shows that the latest update for my device is V4.0.0.4, so I decided to try all I could to find a solution and I did.... By accident!

Before You continue, Please back up all your personal stuff to your PC or any other media but do not leave anything you can not loose on the TAB it will be gone if you continue!

Meat, Potatoes and Gravy!

Follow S0ckM0nk3y's Guide HERE you want to follow the Unroot part!

Click on the very first Blue DOWNLOAD link in his guide which will open another forum with a similar layout and click the first Blue DOWNLOAD link at the top of that guide save it to your desktop. The file is called sgt10.1_root_unroot.zip and it is 381MB. Once downloaded, extract to a new folder on your desktop, now open that new folder on your desktop and extract the ODIN3_v1.85.zip!

Put your Tab 10.1 into Download Mode by using S0ckM0nk3y's guide.
    Open Odin3_v1.85.exe that is in the folder that you extracted the two downloads too on the desktop.
    Click the PDA button and choose P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar.md5.
    Plug the USB into your PC
    Plug the other end into the Tab
    In the Odin Software on your PC the box below ID:COM should be yellow with stuff in it click the start button it will take a few minutes. 1min 59sec for me. once finished the Tab will reboot and do some stuff then it will reboot again to the OS.

Your Unrooted with an to up to date stock ROM!

This is optional but recommended! Power off your device now, and then put it in Recovery Mode.
    Once Android System Recovery comes up click "wipe data/factory reset" then click "wipe cache partition" then click "reboot system".

Now Root using HERE and install any of the appropriate CWM Recovery versions without having the rolling screens!

I will clean this up later it is 2am and I have to Tow a car 800km tomorrow! There are fellow members that need this so it was rushed sorry!

I would like feedback on this as to wether it works or not for you!

I had my wife follow this guide with her Tab that was doing the same thing and it worked for her first time, but i'm more worried that my wording might not be understood by some and if that is the case it may not work for you and i would like to help you understand!

Update: 1

I can not confirm this but thanks to "isimobile and vladin79" it also works on 3g P7500 version!

Update: 2

P7510XABKMP_P7510UEKMP_HOME.tar.md5 is now included in S0ckM0nk3y's Package! Upated this guide to reflect that change.

Update: 3

After you fallow this Guide and all goes well but then you notice that when your screen goes to sleep then you wake it up and it is scrambled in the center of the screen and the only way you can stop it is to reboot, follow this Guide! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1680738

Major Update: 4 Major Thanks To "isimobile"

Please Read his post Here I am going to test it and will post back!

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button over there! -------------------------------->
    Hi Guys,

odin.jpg

• Download bootloader.
    • Start Odin 1.85
    • Press Start.
    • done.

Hope this helps out.

Hi Guys,

It should work now! I was just a dumb @ss sorry :eek:

The md5 should now match and it should work.
    A while ago in pershoot's thread he posted a link to a US ICS bootloader variant and a version of CWM that worked with it. Later, he pulled the recovery because using it was causing problems. However, it doesn't roll, and installing that bootloader causes the ROM not to roll. Knowing that this recovery DID not roll with the pershoot bootloader, which is still fine and available in his CM9 p4wifi folder, I used that recovery to flash a different non-rolling recovery.

I am using TWRP now which doesn't roll (2.2.2.0 for P7510) so what I did was this (for US ICS base...the bootloader may not work if you're not using the US stock rom):

1) Download the latest TWRP flashable zip for your device and make sure it's on the root of your tablet
    2) Flash the pershoot bootloader variant with Odin
    3) Reboot to download, flash the (broken but doesn't roll, I think CWM non-touch 6.0.1.1) recovery with Odin
    4) Reboot to new recovery. DO NOT TAKE A BACKUP as something is wrong with the recovery.
    5) Flash your zip to root. Do NOT exit recovery. Then, immediately after, flash the TWRP recovery zip.
    6) Reboot.

You should be good from there with non-rolling ROM and non-rolling TWRP 2.2.2.0 recovery.

The only down side to this method is that you can't take a Nandroid backup of your unrooted rom. That didn't really matter to me though, if I wanted to go back to unrooted I'd simply flash the stock firmware.

Please don't yell at me if this doesn't work for you - it worked for me on the US ICS (LPL) base and you should have some idea of what you're doing before you undertake this even though it isn't really complicated. You can find the TWRP flashable zip in the Dev forum easily, and the bootloader in pershoot's CM9 folder (droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/). You may have to dig a bit to find the recovery though...I think pershoot said the recovery in his CM10 folder works. Check his thread/posts (his kernel thread) to be sure

EDIT: Come to think of it...I suppose you could probably just Odin the newest TWRP with that bootloader. LOL
    I have P7500 model, which is 3G version. I decided to root it and installed several CWM recoveries, but all of them caused a scrolling screen when booted in recovery. Then I came to your guide and installed the ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar from your first post. It worked like a charm and the screen was steady as a rock. No more scrolling. Then I used it and rooted my tab.

Thank you so much for your efforts!