MohElShafei

Jul 2, 2011
Cairo

The_Steph

Mar 20, 2007
Paris
How can I know that? sorry if I'm not so expert

MohElShafei,

EFS stores hardware information such as physical addresses of BT or WiFi modules and you IMEI as well.

Backup of EFS partition should have been done just after having rooted your phone in order to be able to flash the partition back in case of trouble. If you did not do it, no way to find it afterwards.

Last possible chance, some kernels have an EFS backup script that is launched each time you phone is booted. If you have efsbackup.img at the root of your sdcard, you are maybe out of trouble. Otherwise, I think the wireless connection part your phone is dead :(

Reactions: MohElShafei

MohElShafei

Jul 2, 2011
Cairo
MohElShafei,

EFS stores hardware information such as physical addresses of BT or WiFi modules and you IMEI as well.

Backup of EFS partition should have been done just after having rooted your phone in order to be able to flash the partition back in case of trouble. If you did not do it, no way to find it afterwards.

Last possible chance, some kernels have an EFS backup script that is launched each time you phone is booted. If you have efsbackup.img at the root of your sdcard, you are maybe out of trouble. Otherwise, I think the wireless connection part your phone is dead :(

Thank you so much for your interest and for your reply ..
I checked the SD root and I didn't find anything .. but my wireless is working in the phone .. and the efs folder containing a Bluetooth folder and a wireless folder both empty with 0 space ..

If I go the Samsung Service Center .. are they able to fix it .. or the phone is now officially corrupted??

Bingoig11

MohElShafei,

If I'm running CM9 without any issue can I backup my EFS under CM9 or should I go back to stock ROM?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

eikiel

Jun 14, 2010
Repost, someone can tell me this? :(

AFAIK the only way to get on screen buttons is to drop the DPI low enough that you get ICS tablet mode. This can be done by changing the build.prop to something like 250* (I don't recall where the switchover actually occurs though).

*213 according to kchris below! Thanks kchris.

Last edited:
Reactions: sorcio46

The_Steph

Mar 20, 2007
Paris
You can back it up from CM9 by using kTool from the Playstore.

Or use EFS Pro: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1308546

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

MohElShafei,

Unfortunately every Samsung phone has its own specific information (maybe WiFi HW key is not one of them but I am sure for IMEI and BT hw address) stored on EFS partition.

Therefore I am not sure it can be simply fixed, I think they will have to change your motherboard. I would advise you to restore a stock ROM before doing it or maybe if you have some "alternative" phone repair shop using stuff like z3x box, you may have your chance for a lot less money because I think they won't do the motherboard change for that kind of issue under the warranty.

Anyway, keep us informed.

@denny

Jan 12, 2012
ireland
on latest two nightlies i am having a problem with the phone , when on a call and trying to press 1 eg i cant because it wont let me , it goes black then back again , i try again and same thing , is this happening to any one else???

sorcio46

May 6, 2011
Rome
Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
There's some discussion in the modem thread about whether the modem firmware is involved at all with wifi, on the Note.

I had thought that we used a combined Broadcom chipset for lots of radio stuff, incl. phone, GPS & wifi, so it seemed sensible to assume that the modem firmware does in some way affect wifi operation.

Or is it done solely in the kernel driver, and the modem firmware isn't relevant to wifi?
Cellular radio is an Infineon/Intel X-Gold chipset. XMM6260 I believe.

Wifi and Bluetooth are a Broadcom BCM4330. Wifi is controlled exclusively by two things: Kernel and wifi firmware in /system. Think of the bcm4330_blah.bin blobs as being the wifi chip's equivalent of your radio firmware.

The BT and Wifi functions of the chip are almost completely independent. Wifi is an SDIO interface, BT is a serial (HCI UART) interface, with its own separate firmware from the wifi part.

GPS is also Broadcom I believe, but a completely separate Broadcom chipset. (For example, I9100 and I777 have the exact same wifi/BT chipset as us, but have a SiRF GPS chipset.)

dude_uuk

Dec 12, 2010
Hi guys i am currently on rc1 and thinking of trying the nightlies. It is absolutely ok to go for nightlies then go back to rc1 bwck and forth with cm9?

Bingoig11

Hi guys i am currently on rc1 and thinking of trying the nightlies. It is absolutely ok to go for nightlies then go back to rc1 bwck and forth with cm9?

Yes.
Installed latest nightly and then went back to RC1 without any issue.
I always wipe cache and dalvik before and after flash that's all.

Reactions: dude_uuk

narta

Nov 2, 2007

Yes just wipe dalvik and cache between jumps. Do it anyway between any kind of flashing on the same base of ROM (CM9/Asylum etc).

Edity: ninjad :p

Reactions: dude_uuk

Top Liked Posts