[SKN] Customizing the Windows Taskbar [UPDATE-26/10/2008]

Search This thread

rickou26

Dec 26, 2007
Hello,

My contribution for those who have a QVGA.
The DLL phcanOverbmp.dll contains 2 options for the animation of the battery, the standard version without the % (for the moment) incremented everything the 1 %, the version to nuclear increments by step of 10 %.
The DLL is identical in 2 cab only the Key of the BDR changes.

contactsheet001gw9.jpg

Last edited:

th1nm1nt

Feb 3, 2007
Mile High State
Thank you everyone for your contributions...I am seeing a lot of nice work in this thread. The only two icons that need customized are the Voicemail notification, and Reminder notification. I have browsed the two threads for these indicators, with no success. Any idea which *.dll file they are stored in?

Attachments

• 20081026.jpg
    20081026.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,517

jentech

May 16, 2008
North Vancouver
Hey DarkLord69, your icons are very nice, especially HTC icon instead windows logo :)

I made installation CAB from your dlls, I only changed HTCVolume to big font (your is too small) in two versions - for updating 409 MUI and for normal users
It is fully uninstallable via Settings/Remove programs
SDKCerts are needed, certainly.

Usage:
1) install SDKCerts
2) install DarLord69 Taskbar - select apprpriate file - depends on your system (DarLord69 Taskbar 0409 MUI if you use 0409 MUI, or DarLord69 TaskBar)

Bye

p.s. I cannot upload CAB, so I had to ZIp CAB files

Excellent work. Thank you so much for making the whole process easier.

brock1909

Nov 22, 2007
i have tried myself and suck at this. can someone PLEASE make icons for EV and 1X for us CDMA users? please please please? ( currently using darklords cab)

massi959

Dec 12, 2005
I think it is not possible.
The color white is associated with windows background color. Changing the value of the register change the color bars, but also the color of the windows.

screen03ve3.png

screen04gs7.png

vphk

Jun 19, 2008
Bluetooth Icons

Hello,
I made a cab with bluetooth icons. Finally, I found them on other topics, the basic is, that bt icons are not stored in dll but only in bmp, so you can make your own very simply. I used version 2 of these icons from man (I forget the name :(), I do not know, how it is with antialiasing and alphablending with these icons, but on black background looks great.
So, in ZIP file are bt icons, select version you need and copy BMP files to \Windows folder or if you like version 2 - install only CAB file.

massi959

Dec 12, 2005
After changing htcvolume.dll to get the same speaker icon that massi959 posted on that pic, i losted the htcvolume slider and went back to the old buble from windows.

Any solve or i have to put the original dll back?

Thanks

Try with this.

Attachments

• HTCVolumeControl.zip
    25 KB · Views: 259

SkizZO

Nov 23, 2005
.:NeaPoliS:.
Where is the skin with the X and the OK buttons ?

Attachments

• audio_v.png
    audio_v.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 9,589
  • audio1.png
    audio1.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 9,579
  • audio2.png
    audio2.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 9,623

ranchu

Jun 25, 2008
Can someone do me a favor... I love different icons coming from 2 chefs...
I have problem signing and unsigning files...

please help me to replace the window icons
Thanks a million!

Attachments

• Darklords_new.zip
    350.5 KB · Views: 495

bbju

Aug 10, 2008
To all and FInixNOver.

I think I need to give a warning. I strongly advise NOT to touch the notify.dll and notify.dll.0409.mui which FInixNOver stated is responsible for the bell/notify icon. I believe it is windows native icon. I tried to change it to a more colorful one and ended up crashing the phone VERY BADLY. So bad that it attempted to boot up itself and failed for like 10 times and finally it gave up and told me (yes, there's a black screen with words) that I have done something wrong and it had to erase the ROM and reinstall everything again. It didn't manage to reinstall "everything". TF3D was gone and it just gave me the Today screen with virtually nothing (no program, can't go to settings, can't sync, no network detectable even with sim card in). VERY LUCKILY, it didn't attempt to erase the internal harddrive and I happened to have a cooked ROM .nbh file there. So, I had no choice but to flash the phone from the internal harddrive. If I hadn't the .nbh file on the phone, my phone would be something close to a brick.

Yes, yes, I know I should be prepared for such kind of disaster. I just write this down to remind myself :) as I believe I almost bricked the phone.

Last edited:

MRE-net

Jun 5, 2006
I've installed your files, but the only icon which doesn't change is the bluetooth icon. Why ?

Also I made a cab file of your files. See attachement. Don't know it it works, because I haven't tested it myself.

Finally... after a few hours playing with those dll files, I have done with some minor changes to those icons. Attached please find teh latest screen shots of my task bar:D

I did some changes with the Activesync icon in which it with swirl like as the one on your desktop when you connect your device to your pc. I have done some changes to the battery metre in which looks nicer with gradient colors. I prefer the original outlook since it looks more like a metre to me :D

Also please find the dlls that I'm using and hope you people like them :D

P.S. my start icon is also attached since many of you have been asking for it... Cheers!

Last edited:

darklord69

Jun 30, 2007
Hong Kong
I've installed your files, but the only icon which doesn't change is the bluetooth icon. Why ?

Also I made a cab file of your files. See attachement. Don't know it it works, because I haven't tested it myself.

Hi MRE-net, that's because the BT related icons can't changed in those dll files. They're not .ico files but bmp files inside your /windows folder of your device.

To change them, simple copy the BMP files you got to your /windows folder to replace the old ones will do. I have attahced my BT related bmp files for anyone who are interested to try :D

Cheers!

battax

Feb 12, 2008
Odivelas
Redmi K20 Pro
i finally manage to solve the signing issue so, here is the file for the Portuguese Rom for TMN with the lastest massi959 icons (thanks for the work).

Attachments

• HTCVolumeControl.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 125

MRE-net

Jun 5, 2006
WOW can you tell me how to do that to my taskbar?

there is so much stuff on this thread i dont know where to start!!

that looks amazing! thanks for your advice and well dont on that customization, it looks perfect!!!

Ok I've created a cab which includes the 4 .dll files and the 4 .bmp files for the bluetooth icons. Can you install this and tell me whether it works or not ?

See attachment. Credits to darklord69

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!! I WON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY !!!!

Last edited:

orkorolev

Jul 12, 2008
Korolev
Hi! Has painted icons of the big top bar. Unfortunately it was possible to paint only available icons, instead of to replace:rolleyes:
On insertions for Russia it is checked up, all works.

Attachments

• post-200304-1225233877_thumb.png
    post-200304-1225233877_thumb.png
    14 KB · Views: 1,029
  • post-200304-1225233883_thumb.png
    post-200304-1225233883_thumb.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 732
  • post-200304-1225233888_thumb.png
    post-200304-1225233888_thumb.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 703
  • orkorolev_LargeTitleBar.cab
    52.5 KB · Views: 422
  • LargeTitleBar.dll.0419.zip
    46.6 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

massi959

Dec 12, 2005
Hi! Has painted icons of the big top bar. Unfortunately it was possible to paint only available icons, instead of to replace:rolleyes:
On insertions for Russia it is checked up, all works.

Great work.

I've only translate your file in my language, italian, editing with Reshacker the String Table n. 1.

This is the result.

screen01gv8.png

Attachments

• LargeTitleBar.dll.0410.zip
    46.6 KB · Views: 158

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if you edited file shellres96.dll.0409.mui by using PE Explorer hence you can see animated wait cursors like picture under this and you can change it by animated wait cursors which you wishs isn't it