Installation & Root N7000XXLRG
Read before proceed
1.a Pre installation : (For clean installation, optional)
Many have criticise My advise to go for clean installation, but why i am asking for it.
-There is no any disadvantages to have clean installation except you have to spare 1hr
-Many user feels winners at end of flashing and post "I have successfully flashed directly with Odin/Mobile odin/CWM etc." after 10 post again appears "My device not sleeping...Battery life of this ROM is worst..I have null null error after updating this.." and so on
So these things not going to happen everybody, whoes system is clean at time of flashing, they should not have any issue, and will have best performance too.
So listen if you are not master in flashing, you dont know about your status and may have many system junks you are advised to go for clean installation
-Now many great members posting "I have succesfully wipe cahe/wipe data/Hard rest from ICS and my device is fine."
Dont be so happy, and you are still not knowing you have damage it or not, it won't show any sign of brick when you wipe/reset, it will reflect next time when flash your device N have to cry I M stuck at factorysys plz help me. Also your post misguide to newbie and also follows you.
So my humble request, dont do any wipe/reset on ICS till Kernel proves 100% safe.
- Make backup with TB or other same app.
- First flash GB ROM if you are on any other ICS/Custom ROM
- wipe cache, data from recovery
1.b Final Installation
- Download ICS ROM, and extract it to .tar file
- Download Odin
, open it
- select PDA tab and point to ROM file. Leave Re-partition, pit, CSC, Phone tab unticked (see Image below)
- Switch off device, Put in download mode (Vol down + Home + Power)
- completely close kies, Anti virus if running
- Connect device to PC
- ID com port shud turn yellow (not shown in image)
Now hit Start
PS:File section name in above image is for demonstration only, you will have according downloaded ROM
After reboot, you will see screen showng android updating, then will install some application.
For rooting follow this
CF Root Kernel N CWM
Download and extract Cf root kernel (.tar/zimage),Flash using mobile Odin
If you get wifi issue or partial root after flashing CF root kernel
Install This from market
Open installed busybox application
you will find option to 'install' in opened application - install it (see image below)
If there is msg, busybox not installed correctly, it will ask to install again
reinstall from application
once you read installation sucessfull.
Try connecting wifi, it shud be solved.
Mod for call recording : (for rooted device)
I have confirm recording mod works here
- Download This
- Place downloaded zip to Int SD card
- Get root explorer and delete following files phone.odex & phone_util.odex manually from system/app folder.
- Reboot into recovery
- Flash above said zip (Call recording-N7000-ICS) same as you have flash SuperSu busybox installer above to root.
Dow you will have option to record call during conversation, and sound file will be save to Sd card/Sound folder.
Credit for call recording Mod to Poolakkal Suresh
New Wall LWP from SGS3
Copy above files to system/app folder and change permission to rw-r-r
Source Thnx Code72
15 Toggle systemUI
-Flash downloaded zip file in recovery
-Delete systemui.odex from system/app
Credit to grgsiocl
Transparent accuweather widgets for 4.0.4 stock ROM
Remove accuweatherDaemon*.apk and .odex from system/app
Remove samsungwidget_weatherclock.apk and .odex from system/app
Place attached apk to system/app and set permission rw-r-r
UPDATE what is new
- POPup PLAY watch movies when you mailing…. (Galaxy SIII)
- Restart button is green.
- Some icons changed.
- Signature unlock.