[Q] CM9 USB mass storage issues

Search This thread

jsalinas2011

May 27, 2012
This is a repost from the Q&A forum I've posted a few hours ago, so I apologize. I'm just trying to get as much insight as possible on the problems I'm facing.

Complete noob here, let alone first android device and coming from Iphone. After I got my first Android device; the Samsung Galaxy Note (I717) I opted to go for another operating system to enable the tethering feature. I was successful in rooting my phone, installing CWM, and successfully flashing my ROM to the latest CM9 ROM.

However, I have a few simple task that I simply cannot accomplish, they are as follows:

1. Computer can no longer see phone as a mass USB storage device. I have enabled USB debugging mode on phone through settings.

2. No music player app can see my music files I have loaded on my microSD card, of which I have manually loaded through the computer to the microSD card.

3. the gallery cannot see my pictures I have transferred into the SD card.

However, all these files can be seen and accessed only through the OI File Manager app on the phone.

I do not know what I am missing.

Can somebody help Please?

Thank you,
Jeff

mtnichols04

May 26, 2012
I have a similar post in the Q & A, its not the ROM, I believe it has something to do with custom kernals\ICS OS and the hardward of the galaxy, I dont think its completely compatible, hence the reason samsung hasnt officially released it. Both times Ive flashed to ICS on my galaxy note, my usb mass storage abilities have been lost. I can no longer connect VIA USB either.

bhaskell

Feb 20, 2011
Hmmmm no problems here?

I have used all of the ICS roms released since the first leak, through all of the CM9 updates, hybrid tablet...etc. I haven't had any particular problems connecting my phone to my PC, unless I was using the 15 toggle mod....

All if the ICS leaks you have to go under setting - Wireless and Network - more - USB Utilities - USB mass storage...

On the CM9 ROM, when you connect to PC, you get a notification that you have to acknowledge, then choose USB mass storage...

Like I said, both methods worked fine for me, unless I installed the 15 toggle mod on the leak..

Cheers!

MSigler

Apr 29, 2006
Memphis
www.sigsays.com
The CM9 rom is an unofficial beta build. It's very good for what it is, but you shouldn't expect a beta build to be an every day rom. I had issues with USB transfer too.

Ravindra9

Feb 20, 2009
Luzern
Here is how to connect your gNote with CM9 in USB Mass Storage mode:

Settings>Storage>Press the menu key>USB Computer connection>Check the box against "Mass Storage".

Now connect as usual...

Enjoy...

TML1504

Nov 24, 2007
Vienna

Settings>Storage>Press the menu key>USB Computer connection>Check the box against "Mass Storage".

Now connect as usual...

Enjoy...

thx!! i searched this function but didn't find it... :p

EDIT: sh.... there is no option "mass storage" there, it brings up the usual MTP and PTP connection options, but NO real mass storage!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Now connect as usual...

Enjoy...