Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rmm200

Apr 15, 2011
Bend
I already told you what happened. There was a major manufacturing screwup with ASUS. Displays weren't working right, so they tried replacing a bunch. The ones at retailers were supposed to be recalled because the bezels were lifting up and some had dead pixels. Google recalled all those waiting at shipping hubs to be replaced with a newer run.

It's what happened, there's no proof yet, but you'll see.

Sorry, we already discounted that explanation.

S

Soldier-2Point0

I blame it on the Owl :D

tootsieowl.jpg

Or the Steve Jo** Curse...

HOLLA575

Jul 13, 2012
Something should be done out of good faith. If not I, for one, will never be purchasing anything directly from Google again. Google is one of the largest companies in the world. This display of incompetence is surreal.

Google's lawyers would never admit that anything went any way other than according to plan, otherwise they'd be potentially opening themselves up to litigation. You're getting it shipped within the 3 weeks they allotted, so they won't do anything other than announce a successful launch of their first tablet.

We may strongly suspect that something went wrong and are justifiably irritated that some stores sold theirs before those of us who were first in line got ours, but trust me you'll never see Google with anything other than a smile on their face.

just lou

Dec 8, 2010
New York
I already told you what happened. There was a major manufacturing screwup with ASUS. Displays weren't working right, so they tried replacing a bunch. The ones at retailers were supposed to be recalled because the bezels were lifting up and some had dead pixels. Google recalled all those waiting at shipping hubs to be replaced with a newer run.

It's what happened, there's no proof yet, but you'll see.

You're not doing anybody any good by continuing to post your silly recall theory that you admitted to making up in your head, over and over again. Stop it already.
:rolleyes:

revmra

Jun 30, 2012
What about our international counterparts who paid more than we did to get the same product and have not received any information concerning their order? I smell selfishness... "My tent is up!".

Yes. Selfishness. That's it. And xenophobia too. Obviously the only reason I want this thread closed is because it is no longer of use to me and I hate non-Americans. I think that's the only logical conclusion you could have come to from my post.

My point simply was: it's shipping. There is no need to speculate on "if" it will be shipping. All that's left is page after page of whining and conspiracy theories. If my international counterparts need that, well, fine. The signal-to-noise ratio on this thread has been massively out of skew from very early on. The only message that really can be given from this point on is "be patient." If there's anything this thread has proven it is that it makes people more impatient, not the other way around. Thus I felt it serves no other purpose.

Reactions: P06o

Anakin_SW

Sep 17, 2008
I just spent 50 minutes on hold with the Play Store and requested that they either refund my shipping and tax or send me a pair of cases. (I ordered two, one for my father.) The representative immediately read a canned statement informing me that there is nothing that can be done. I requested to speak to a supervisor and Matt The Supervisor told me the same. I explained to him that I'm a loyal customer and am very upset and he insisted that the 3rd party retailers violated the street date of the N7. I explained that there was no street date (which was rude to make customers wonder when they'll receive shipment) and that it's not the retailers fault, but Google who clearly has no control over their supply chain. Interesting note, Matt said "It wasn't US who sent them those tablets...I can assure you of that...WE didn't send those tablets out." Which you can infer that a logistic's partner is to blame. I told him that I will be refusing shipment and they will eat two tablets and shipping both ways. I HIGHLY encourage everybody with some patience to do the same and send Google a message that they're not going to screw us and then say "Our hands are tied." There are plenty of places to get an N7 and likely the production quality will be higher on a second wave unit...

MaxCarnage

Feb 4, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Yeah those lawyers are tricky!

Lawyer: "So they said they would ship it to you in two to three weeks, how long did it actually take?"

Customer: "Two and a half weeks."

Lawyer: "And you would like some form of compensation?"

Customer: "Well Yeah, I feel bad."

Lawyer: "About what?"

Customer: "You know... the whole thing... While I was waiting I imagined that I would be the first person to get one and I clearly wasn't"

Lawyer: "So they said you would be first?"

Customer "No."

Lawyer: "I see."

As a lawyer for Google yourself, you should know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm as big a Google fanboy as they come, I own a Chromebook for pity's sake. But I can step past myself and see that something didn't happen according to plan. You've proven that you're here pretty much just to be a smartass, so forgive me if I tell you to screw off.

Reactions: mcb3 and charlesky

just lou

Dec 8, 2010
New York
I just spent 50 minutes on hold with the Play Store and requested that they either refund my shipping and tax or send me a pair of cases. (I ordered two, one for my father.) The representative immediately read a canned statement informing me that there is nothing that can be done. I requested to speak to a supervisor and Matt The Supervisor told me the same. I explained to him that I'm a loyal customer and am very upset and he insisted that the 3rd party retailers violated the street date of the N7. I explained that there was no street date (which was rude to make customers wonder when they'll receive shipment) and that it's not the retailers fault, but Google who clearly has no control over their supply chain. Interesting note, Matt said "It wasn't US who sent them those tablets...I can assure you of that...WE didn't send those tablets out." Which you can infer that a logistic's partner is to blame. I told him that I will be refusing shipment and they will eat two tablets and shipping both ways. I HIGHLY encourage everybody with some patience to do the same and send Google a message that they're not going to screw us and then say "Our hands are tied." There are plenty of places to get an N7 and likely the production quality will be higher on a second wave unit...

Cool Story, Bro.

S

Soldier-2Point0

Yes. Selfishness. That's it. And xenophobia too. Obviously the only reason I want this thread closed is because it is no longer of use to me and I hate non-Americans. I think that's the only logical conclusion you could have come to from my post.

My point simply was: it's shipping. There is no need to speculate on "if" it will be shipping. All that's left is page after page of whining and conspiracy theories. If my international counterparts need that, well, fine. The signal-to-noise ratio on this thread has been massively out of skew from very early on. The only message that really can be given from this point on is "be patient." If there's anything this thread has proven it is that it makes people more impatient, not the other way around. Thus I felt it serves no other purpose.

I am reporting you for racist comments. Readers, if you care about XDA, you will report this user as well. THERE IS NO NEED TO KEEP PEOPLE LIKE YOU AROUND.

rmm200

Apr 15, 2011
Bend
What about our international counterparts who paid more than we did to get the same product and have not received any information concerning their order? I smell selfishness... "My tent is up!".

One thing for sure - the delivery problems our foreign counterparts have are different than the USA problems.

Units for England are not going UPS from Kentucky.

England, Singapore, etc. will have to deal with whatever organization handles their shipments.
I think Google UK has been referenced for England, and nothing will happen there until Monday.
No idea about Canada - they could get shipments from USA, but I somehow doubt it.

Anakin_SW

Sep 17, 2008

Damn cry babys stop whining about Google should give us more free **** because they did this and that. Blah blah greedy ass people relax and enjoy the nexus when you get it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using my mind.

Perhaps you are content in being complacent when a company charges you an additional $44 than other retailers and is late to deliver, but I am not. Acting in your own self interest isn't greed.

x4sper

Jun 15, 2010
44$? I paid 14 for shipping and sales tax like I would if I bought it at GS..?? I'm not seeing the 44$ your talking about

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using my mind.

oraclegustavo

Mar 12, 2008
Count me among the lucky people that got one at Sams Club. I preordered and will be refusing shipment out of principal. Google needs to learn a lesson and get their **** together on the play store. Things like this make them seem like amateurs. They need to have better communication with their loyal customers instead of stringing them along. Even if they werent exactly sure when it was shipping they could have given some sort of update. To those Tampa Bay area readers, the Sams Club in Tampa had two left at 11. I went to the Pinellas Park one, which is nearby, and they sold out of the five they had yesterday and had one returned because of the issue with the side coming up due to the adhesion or whatever. I also saw one returned at the Sams Club in Tampa but didnt know why.

chrisjm00

Jul 29, 2007
Nottingham, MD
Jeez, I go to bed and this thread goes to hell. Yesterday when I was at work everyone was discussing when it will ship and if they will hit their mid July target. It looks like they did. Shouldn't the discussion be over? What happened in 200 pages overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So we can be sure that gamestop is being forced to hold these because of the whiny crybabies who ordererd directly from Google?

We can be sure that you are a douche bag. That, we can be sure of.
    I've followed this for hundreds of pages, sat back and wondered why folk where getting themselves more and more chewed up about their Nexus 7 order. I ordered mine on the 4th from the Play Store - I'm based in the UK by the way. I sold my Kindle and my Blackberry Playbook (totally underated tablet by the way) to fund my Nexus purchase.

As time has gone on however it is more and more evident that the delivery is a shambles and the lack of communication from Google is terrible - the final straw was when Pcworld (the one in the UK) has now got them available for delivery, so I've taken the plunge, ordered one and paid to have it delivered tomorrow morning before 12pm. The total price is £209.98 - about a £1 more than the one ordered from Google. When that comes that will be getting put on Ebay.

The reason why I can't wait for it is because of something which I don't think anyone has touched upon so far. It's not because it is essential to my job - it's something a lot more important than that.

I was sat on the toilet and reached across for some reading material (which as we all know is a blokes God given RIGHT) and realised that I had NOTHING to read or do. No Kindle. No Playbook. NOTHING. And that isn't right. Next time I was shopping I bought an Android Magazine in preperation but when the time came it didn't feel right, it felt so 2000's and to be honest I couldn't stand it anymore, hence the PCWorld purchase.

Google employees won't be bothered about that though, I'm sure they are well and truly entertained in their Google HQ bogs but to us men who are mere mortals, having some quality me time in the lav is the only time we ever get to relax.

Google, if your reading this PLEASE pull your finger out and sort out this mess. Men AND Women around the world are asking for your help. Don't punish them any longer.
    Summary of the last week Order/Shipping of Nexus 7

It all started on one fine day at the end of June, Google announced that they would be pulling a High End tablet, at a budget tablet price and 50,000 (joking of course, referring to a previous post) of us were sent into a frenzy of ordering via Google Play.

Much of the below is speculation supported by evidence on the web.

- Google's intention was to ship Nexus 7 units to retail establishments on July 9, 10 arriving at their locations on July 12 for July 13 retail sale.
    - Googles intention was to ship all pre-orders that occurred in first phase (June 27-July 1) on July 9 for arrival on Wednesday July 11 well ahead of Retail sale.
    - Something happened and the PRE-ORDERS were not shipped. Retails orders were shipped as planned. Some speculate it was the magnet that Google was concerned would result in a court ordered stay on sales or possibly the update from 4.1 to 4.1.1 that caused the delay. Possibly even the hardware, dead pixel, WiFi (not as substantiated) issues that caused the delay, whatever the reason Pre-Orders by consumers did not ship.
    - Retail establishments were told DO NOT DISPLAY, SELL ANY DEVICE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Most Retails stores initially adhered to this request BUT some missed it or ignored it and the Nexus 7 was now in the hands of a few consumers, and word spread quickly. The slinky affect occurred in retail stores, if some are selling it why can't we.....and more stores began selling the devices.
    - On Friday July 13 Google realized it truly was a day of bad luck and rather then have both Retail consumers and Pre-Order consumers be upset they either officially or unofficially released the ban on sale and retailers released the flood gates on the 5 Nexus 7 devices they received.
    - Also on Friday July 13 Google believed they had a handle on the issue keeping them from shipping our Pre-Orders was under control, or at least they decided to start the shipping process for Ore-Orders which screwed up that process even more. There was no rhyme or reason to which pre-orders were released for shipment some were first phase, some were 8G/16G, none of orders included accessories. Some of the email sent were from the original label printing on July 9 (it was July 13, 14 by then) were sent on July 14, but one thing was for certain the PRE-ORDERS were hosed from July 9 and there was no sorting it out.
    - On Friday July 13 many of us purchased a Nexus 7 from retail establishments with disregard to our Google pre-orders. We will have two devices but that is not always a horrible thing. Demand is certain to be high for these devices next week and most of us have spent countless hours tracking these devices down so you may be able to recoup some of the financial loss by listing on Craiglist or Ebay or even here if you want to sell your second device.

WARNING!!! - It has been said that you will only get 1 $25 Play credit per GOOGLE User ID, please do not think this is by device or you will lose this opportunity. My advice is you purchased two devices you deserve two credits so go raise a separate GMAIL id and register your second device under that ID. Make your purchases in Google Play store and transfer your purchases to your primary account later.

FYI - There is another opportunity to get a $10 Google gift card. Go into the Google Wallet App on your new Nexus 7 and register. You will be informed that you will get a $10 Google Wallet gift card once registration is completed and sure enough right there in Google Wallet you will see your $10 gift card.

Most of all have fun playing with your Nexus 7, and hit the Thanks button on my post here is you enjoyed the above summary or if it was helpful. Feel free to make corrections or add anything I may have missed. Again the data here is gathered form this Forum, and other news outlets.

:laugh:
    I was told by a google employee that it will be sent in waves in order of when your order was places.

I was told that they would be sent in literal waves, encased in little boats that would float to your doorstep.
    After seeing how Google handled their stock offering and the way they are handling their pre-orders, I no longer want to have anything to do with them. I'll be leaving a note on my front door informing deliver guys that I refuse delivery of any shipments from Google or Asus.

I had wanted to try an android device but I'll stick to Apple from now on.

eb6.jpg