Or Continue to Thread: [UPDATED 28-04-2009] TorchButt…
Find Your Device:
11th November 2008, 10:09 PM   |  #107  
OP Senior Member
Flag 's-Gravendeel
Thanks Meter: 41

563 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThought

I could implement both of the mentioned features into hTorch, thats right. And I probably will since others requested this as well. But I personally would like to see this blinking LED feature as a build-in function into TorchButton with a customizable interval which can be set via registry key. I'm by far not such a good programmer like NetRipper is and that would make my "job" a lot easier!

I also would love to see the "working LED in sleep mode" feature. But I'm afraid that's not possible. As far as I know the LED can only be controlled via some DLL which comes with the Camera software not directly. And this DLL has some hardcoded protection which disables the LED when the device goes into sleep.
So I'm afraid the only possibility would be to prevent the device from falling into standby and to just turn of the display. I'm currently working on this for the next version of hTorch.

@NetRipper, please correct me if I said something wrong!

There is a way to enable the (nonbright) flashlight with low level memory access. But even then the light is turned off when entering standby. The reason is not the HTCCamera1.dll, but the HTC-specific code that is executed when entering standby. Enabling flashlight on low level has no additional value that way, which is why I'm not using it. I know this as I've used this approach to find out where it hung when I was getting Linux to work on the Raphael (display didn't work, but led could show me that it reached some part of the code).

Anyway, I will make a new release with the 'blink' feature. And I think it's not hard to put in SOS as well, so I'll do that too.

@DeepThought, you could use my C# library to easily control the light. I made it real easy that way.