[SOLVED]Touchscreen serious damage on Archos official firmware !!!

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi !

I tried to use for a while Official Archos Firmware 4.0.7(4.0.3) ! - I will explain later why ...
...for the first boot all seem to be ok !...so I made ​​a reboot, and surprise !!! - after a short time, tablet becomes almost unusable ....!!!!???? - windows begin to open and close only !!! , I tried five times to unlock tablet ...but no chance ! - had to return to portrait mode to manage to unlock !!! - from time to time - seems someone invisible press on the screen ( status-bar open only, in terminal.apk keyboard write only end go on !) ...thing is that at some point began to amuse me :laugh: !!!
So the important thing now is ... we can not use our tablets !!! - so I'm thinking seriously to go back to previous version Honeycomb 3.2.80 ...or why not to sell it !!!

( thinking that this faulty thing, happens just in my custom roms ! - I tried to fix it ( in all my roms ) - but before to making a check in Official Archos Firmware !!! - so I apologize to all untill I'll upload the missing Roms ) !
Good luck to everyone !!! :good:

SOLVED - solution :

- uninstall Developer SDE ;
- format device in sde and flash official firmware ;
- go to sde and applay calibrate touchscreen five times !
- reboot , go to Settings -> Calibrate touchscreen -> also five times !
- reboot in sde and applay calibrate touchscreen ten five !!!
- reboot , install Developer SDE , from LeTama HOWTO ; ( not official !);
- now I'm working on AOKP Beta3 test - and no more touchscreen issue ! - seems to be solved ! :good:

Last edited:

Djirin

Apr 22, 2012
Hi !

I tried to use for a while Official Archos Firmware 4.0.7(4.0.3) ! - I will explain later why ...
...for the first boot all seem to be ok !...so I made ​​a reboot, and surprise !!! - after a short time, tablet becomes almost unusable ....!!!!???? - windows begin to open and close only !!! , I tried five times to unlock tablet ...but no chance ! - had to return to portrait mode to manage to unlock !!! - from time to time - seems someone invisible press on the screen ( status-bar open only, in terminal.apk keyboard write only end go on !) ...thing is that at some point began to amuse me :laugh: !!!
So the important thing now is ... we can not use our tablets !!! - so I'm thinking seriously to go back to previous version Honeycomb 3.2.80 ...or why not to sell it !!!

( thinking that this faulty thing, happens just in my custom roms ! - I tried to fix it ( in all my roms ) - but before to making a check in Official Archos Firmware !!! - so I apologize to all untill I'll upload the missing Roms ) !

Strange. I have not encountered anything like that on my 101 G9 1.5ghz Turbo (earlier version as it only has 512mb ram). I am using a custom rooted 4.0.6 firmware you created (none of the current ones). I have not tried any of your other rom's as this one has been going just fine for my purposes.

I know this suggestion sounds stupid. But did you try doing a touch screen calibration anytime? Cleaning the screen (not just wiping it off)

Reactions: athankar75

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi!

I tried almost every method to resolv this stupid issue !
...still seems to be not general...but in my device is always whatever firmware ( official, root , custom rom or overclock edition !)
:good:

TEmp69

Sep 4, 2011
I don't have this issue either. Seems like your device is broken?
Only slight problem I have is using (creating and closing) the tabs in Chrome.

Sent with ArchosG90 Turbo 1.5GHz, 1GB

Reactions: surdu_petru

arruntus

Jun 24, 2012
Hi

First thanks for your great work surdu_petru :)

I have the tablet 101 1.5 gb ram 1GB with ICS@BLUE V3, not even a reset or a lock but this afternoon i put S1tweak to work and...... the clock zone, setings etc bloked...... with a reset solved but it is curious that after a long time without a problem has been trying to put the 2 cores to work and problems.

I said if it may be worth to give a clue to the why of those blocks you comment.

Thanks for your work and encourage you sure that you give to the problem

ArrUnTuS

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi

First thanks for your great work surdu_petru :)

I have the tablet 101 1.5 gb ram 1GB with ICS@BLUE V3, not even a reset or a lock but this afternoon i put S1tweak to work and...... the clock zone, setings etc bloked...... with a reset solved but it is curious that after a long time without a problem has been trying to put the 2 cores to work and problems.

I said if it may be worth to give a clue to the why of those blocks you comment.

Thanks for your work and encourage you sure that you give to the problem

ArrUnTuS

Hi!

Thanks !

..but do not worry !...all the 2 core work in your tablet ! on Governor hotpug is 100%....but is there some device like mine ....where is not run the 2 core than only a hotplug Governor ! If I choose other Governor , yes I see enable 2 core an any benchmark ... but practically runs only one ( result of the test score ) ...which is not happening in the hotplug Governor !!! So Governor hotplug run with 2 core 100% ...and if you choose other governor - varies from device to device ! I hoppe you understand now !
- and yes I solved partial problem with touchscreen ! ( see thread : Custom Rom -Rooted, Deodexed & Busybox installed !)
Good luck :

schermvlieger

Sep 4, 2010
no problems here

Hi all,

I have not experienced anything like what surdu describes with either the stock 407 firmware or the rooted version he made available recently.
However I did notice an awful lot of panic messages related to critically high temperatures in logcat. This made me think: can it be that overheating of the tablet is causing weird behavior like this? By the way I am sure the same overheating is an issue with the stock firmware; in fact I had to send back my first g9 tablet for replacement after it had broken down permanently from overheating.

Re. Chrome Tabs not useable: I had the same experience and de-installed Chrome for that reason. I suspect buggy programming on their side :)

Cheers,
Sandor

Last edited:

- Swift -

Sep 8, 2011
Galway, Ireland
I get this every time I use my tablet. It makes me hate it even more

xperiaplay.png

4carlos

Jun 28, 2009
no problems too

Hi !

hi surdu,

i have no problem with my 101 g9 (your rooted official firmware 4.07/4.03 installed some weeks ago). all is working well except gps. gps did not work with 3.2.80 too but this is another problem.

(written with my 101g9)

Last edited:

sheepytoo

May 13, 2010
yorkshire
me too

I also have this strange behaviour , i am on stock 4.07. it is almost UN-usable for ten - 15 minutes but then works ok
and then it will run fine for days until it happens again, i found that it did it far less when i removed the screen protector

hitman72

May 22, 2008
ortona
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
hi, this issue of touchscreen on my tablet (g9 101, 8gb) has always been present, with any version of Android, official or not and especially in the corners (it is sufficient that I placed the tablet on the table holding it at an angle to get crazy touch). for me is the structure of the tablet that is too deformable, in fact, usually I try to "twist it" a bit and the problem usually disappears even if I have to recalibrate the touchscreen at least once a day. screen unlock problems it was always present if the tablet is on standby for a long time (???). ciao

Last edited:
Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
hi, this issue of touchscreen on my tablet (g9 101, 8gb) has always been present, with any version of Android, official or not and especially in the corners (it is sufficient that I placed the tablet on the table holding it at an angle to get crazy touch). for me is the structure of the tablet that is too deformable, in fact, usually I try to "twist it" a bit and the problem usually disappears even if I have to recalibrate the touchscreen at least once a day. screen unlock problems it was always present if the tablet is on standby for a long time (???). ciao

Hi!

So...seem to be a hardware problem ?

Tweakurr

Jun 27, 2012
Does anyone have knowledge of how the touchscreen data is sent to the tablet PCB? I want to make sure my locked tablet problem is in the screen and not just a bad cable connection. Another member will sell me his screen but I have to make sure that is where my problem lies. Thanks.

Shano56

Oct 21, 2011
Does anyone have knowledge of how the touchscreen data is sent to the tablet PCB? I want to make sure my locked tablet problem is in the screen and not just a bad cable connection. Another member will sell me his screen but I have to make sure that is where my problem lies. Thanks.

Hey dude I would recommend posting to Mr. Scholbert's thread, he seems most knowledgeable in the subject

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1644376

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DeeDroid

Jan 23, 2009
Karlsruhe
I had this problem sometimes before my G9 was replaced because of another issue. Calibrating the display in the settings a few times helped

HerrieMan

Jan 11, 2011
I've also had this problem, on my device it was definitely related to the charge of the battery.
My tablet was behaving just fine as long as the charge was between 100 % and 50 %.
When the battery level got below 50 % the touch screen started behaving strange (no reaction to my touches and without touching the screen all sorts of strange things happening, applications launching, screen scrolling etc. etc.)
When the battery level got below 40 % the touch screen was totally dead, nothing happening, no reaction to my touches and also no more strange behavior, just totally dead.
I've now got a new device under warranty, I yet have to test if this behaves any better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

Strange. I have not encountered anything like that on my 101 G9 1.5ghz Turbo (earlier version as it only has 512mb ram). I am using a custom rooted 4.0.6 firmware you created (none of the current ones). I have not tried any of your other rom's as this one has been going just fine for my purposes.

I know this suggestion sounds stupid. But did you try doing a touch screen calibration anytime? Cleaning the screen (not just wiping it off)
    I don't have this issue either. Seems like your device is broken?
    Only slight problem I have is using (creating and closing) the tabs in Chrome.

Sent with ArchosG90 Turbo 1.5GHz, 1GB
    The ghost touches on the screen (usually in a corner), often hit some button or section. Mine had that problem once, and it was hitting the bottom right while in landscape mode.

The easiest way to solve this is to go into recovery and calibrate the screen. Once I did that, I never had the same problem again. :good: