[ROM]|Purely AOSP|JB|Simple, Stock, Stable and Bugless

Search This thread

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
Purely AOSP is a redistribution of the Android Open Source Project code that I have lightly modified, and cleaned up enough to make as a daily driver for those people who are like myself and want a clean pure android experience. This project won't focus on adding features and mods but instead focus on stability and fixing some of the small issues left over from the AOSP project, so yes this is a CLEAN ROM my only modifications will be to make it look more polished and complete.

I barely ever use the "Google" experience so GOOGLE APPS ARE NOT INCLUDED AND NOT SUPPORTED meaning that if you flash this ROM the base is stable and very bug free and since there are a few different versions of Google Apps floating around once you flash one of them and run into an issue I CANNOT HELP OR RESOLVE the issue YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT THE CREATOR OF THE GAPPS package that you use or turn to the community for help, BUT GOOGLE APPS DO WORK with this ROM ........

Lastly the ROM is "pre-rooted" using SuperSU if you do not want root you can remove SuperSU by going into its settings and selecting "Full unroot" this will delete the SuperSU apk from system completely removing root.

What Works:

Everything !!!!

Whats Broke:

Nothing !!!!!

If you have an error or something pops up I ask that before you post about it please make sure that you are running the ROM as provided. I cannot troubleshoot anything that is related to using other kernels, mods, google apps, or themes.

This ROM is basically a AOSP stock build of jelly bean so there is not a need for screen shots ........

ROM: 8-5-12
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l68tjc6ulv9fxo2

Flashing Instructions:
1. flash rom ota zip
2. flash g-apps if desired

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project my ROM is un-branded just give me some mention .......

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
Like the ROM and want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246 DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs

CREDITS:

Shabby Penguin - he was there for me when I needed some help
Team-EOS - I could be wrong but I believe they are behind the stable G-APPS Packets that everybody uses
CyanogenMod Team - I used a piece of their code for my "Rico" launcher project (the "no wallpaper" coding)
Chainfire - The ROM contains his SuperSU root method
Google - I used there bootanimation
AOSP - of course for the base this project is based off of

Last edited:

jakdillard

Oct 3, 2007
Indianapolis' west side
Change log

7-20-12
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ldeo3nankos3ac4

Initial release

7-25-12
now built using my own complete device vendor tree (will share if asked)
fix for low audio ? (never was broke just hope this mod helps)
fixed eri overlay in source
fixed screen timeout
prettied up launcher workspace
reverted to using standard Tuna (Galaxy Nexus) sounds and ringtones
removed Magic Smoke and Galaxy live wallpapers (just cleaning up clutter)
fixed build props
added missing props
removed google props
hid dock settings (do anybody use it ?)
added google stock boot animation (I do not like it but hey its whatever)
removed stock equalizer (music fx) (it sucks unless thoroughly tuned and other apps work better)
fixed voicemail notification
base is completely stable and bugfree

7-25-12
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jjaga7pcv8wgvt5

change build to JRO03H (this build is not pushed to any device yet so we'll see how it goes)
fixed wifi signal issues
the base is bugfree for real this time (I hope)

8-5-12

fixed configuration for location stuff
changed holo background and removed gradient (light is white and dark is black)
corrected roaming dialog (should reflect stock OTA)
fixed network attributes (this should reflect stock sprint configuration now)
un-hid dock settings
changed build footprint to match latest sprint ota(doesn't really do anything special)
fixed mms configuration to match galaxy nexus(no more nexus-s4g ua-prof and will reflect stock settings)
edited kernel slimmed down the governors being used
removed the AOSP quicksearch box(it hasn't been updated since who knows and is broke) but google now or google search replaces that function with g-apps
modified launcher2 and renamed to "Rico"(short for ricochet) (still stock functioning just my one and only personal touch)
updated proprietaries(means nothing really on the user side)
added back missing apps like video editor, musicfx, pico, and the missing live wallpapers (bringing the pure aosp back to the rom)
added Chainfire SuperSU (if you dont want root run the app and in the settings and select full unroot)
added Google Jelly Bean bootanimation (that I don't like)

Last edited:

snrbobo

Dec 31, 2008
Sacramento
i just got a galaxy nexus. putting this thing down is impossible haha i'll give this a go and let you no if i find any issues!

jonas916

Aug 27, 2011
Columbus
Downloading, nanding and then I'm gonna give this a run. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my Jellin' Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Damn I really need a 2nd Nexus! Thanks for sharing your work. Going to give it a go this afternoon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

info[]box1

May 23, 2009
-5 Eastern
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
Happy to see my more development in the forum. Pure and simple stock is a great idea. Let's give this baby a test run around the track a few times. :D

Thx OP

- Sent from my @lmighty Galaxy Nexus Ltd™ using xda premium

Last edited:

jonas916

Aug 27, 2011
Columbus
I can confirm that MMS and GPS both work flawlessly. I got super clean before I flashed this. Its also smooth as butter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

snrbobo

Dec 31, 2008
Sacramento
wow this is awesome! good work! everything works. very quick! having a few issues with the battery draining, but i'm sure that's a personal issue. gonna mess around with things and see what i come up with! thanks again!

Comet1966

Apr 22, 2011
sevierville,TN
Can you put a flashable zip "that works" of the stock Jelly Bean bootanimation?

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

WOW this is exactly what I was wanting!!! A stock barebones jelly bean rom! Thanks alot!

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
OK thanks I am flashing now.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Well that didnt work I am still getting it.

Redownload the ROM. Then follow this installation.

Wipe data
Wipe cache
Go into mounts and storage and format /system
Go into advanced and wipe dalvik.
Then flash your ROM gapps and the root.zip.
Reboot.

Sent From My Toro+ via SkyBlue Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Purely AOSP is a redistribution of the Android Open Source Project code that I have lightly modified, and cleaned up enough to make as a daily driver for those people who are like myself and want a clean pure android experience. This project won't focus on adding features and mods but instead focus on stability and fixing some of the small issues left over from the AOSP project, so yes this is a CLEAN ROM my only modifications will be to make it look more polished and complete.

I barely ever use the "Google" experience so GOOGLE APPS ARE NOT INCLUDED AND NOT SUPPORTED meaning that if you flash this ROM the base is stable and very bug free and since there are a few different versions of Google Apps floating around once you flash one of them and run into an issue I CANNOT HELP OR RESOLVE the issue YOU WILL HAVE TO CONTACT THE CREATOR OF THE GAPPS package that you use or turn to the community for help, BUT GOOGLE APPS DO WORK with this ROM ........

Lastly the ROM is "pre-rooted" using SuperSU if you do not want root you can remove SuperSU by going into its settings and selecting "Full unroot" this will delete the SuperSU apk from system completely removing root.

What Works:

Everything !!!!

Whats Broke:

Nothing !!!!!

If you have an error or something pops up I ask that before you post about it please make sure that you are running the ROM as provided. I cannot troubleshoot anything that is related to using other kernels, mods, google apps, or themes.

This ROM is basically a AOSP stock build of jelly bean so there is not a need for screen shots ........

ROM: 8-5-12

Flashing Instructions:
    1. flash rom ota zip
    2. flash g-apps if desired

Always remember that XDA started out as a great place and will remain a great place as long as we are great to each other anything used in this ROM is available upon request and feel free to use this as a base rom for any other project my ROM is un-branded just give me some mention .......

WANT TO CUSTOMIZE THIS ROM READ THIS:
    Like the ROM and want to add or remove anything or customize for yourself use this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246 DSIXDA's Kitchen. Its a great kitchen for customizing prebuilt ROMs

CREDITS:

Shabby Penguin - he was there for me when I needed some help
    Team-EOS - I could be wrong but I believe they are behind the stable G-APPS Packets that everybody uses
    CyanogenMod Team - I used a piece of their code for my "Rico" launcher project (the "no wallpaper" coding)
    Chainfire - The ROM contains his SuperSU root method
    Google - I used there bootanimation
    AOSP - of course for the base this project is based off of
    Change log

7-20-12
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ldeo3nankos3ac4

Initial release

7-25-12
    now built using my own complete device vendor tree (will share if asked)
    fix for low audio ? (never was broke just hope this mod helps)
    fixed eri overlay in source
    fixed screen timeout
    prettied up launcher workspace
    reverted to using standard Tuna (Galaxy Nexus) sounds and ringtones
    removed Magic Smoke and Galaxy live wallpapers (just cleaning up clutter)
    fixed build props
    added missing props
    removed google props
    hid dock settings (do anybody use it ?)
    added google stock boot animation (I do not like it but hey its whatever)
    removed stock equalizer (music fx) (it sucks unless thoroughly tuned and other apps work better)
    fixed voicemail notification
    base is completely stable and bugfree

7-25-12
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jjaga7pcv8wgvt5

change build to JRO03H (this build is not pushed to any device yet so we'll see how it goes)
    fixed wifi signal issues
    the base is bugfree for real this time (I hope)

8-5-12

fixed configuration for location stuff
    changed holo background and removed gradient (light is white and dark is black)
    corrected roaming dialog (should reflect stock OTA)
    fixed network attributes (this should reflect stock sprint configuration now)
    un-hid dock settings
    changed build footprint to match latest sprint ota(doesn't really do anything special)
    fixed mms configuration to match galaxy nexus(no more nexus-s4g ua-prof and will reflect stock settings)
    edited kernel slimmed down the governors being used
    removed the AOSP quicksearch box(it hasn't been updated since who knows and is broke) but google now or google search replaces that function with g-apps
    modified launcher2 and renamed to "Rico"(short for ricochet) (still stock functioning just my one and only personal touch)
    updated proprietaries(means nothing really on the user side)
    added back missing apps like video editor, musicfx, pico, and the missing live wallpapers (bringing the pure aosp back to the rom)
    added Chainfire SuperSU (if you dont want root run the app and in the settings and select full unroot)
    added Google Jelly Bean bootanimation (that I don't like)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jjaga7pcv8wgvt5

newer build the main changes are wifi is fixed and I went ahead and merged my mods and fixes into JRO03H which is supposed to be the most updated build of 4.1.1 even though to me its nearly identical to JRO03C so if you flashed yesterday I would go ahead and re-download and flash to todays build sorry about the goof up and the inconvenience of reflashing
    ain't this a ***** ..... just when I finished this ROM a newer build drops .. so you know what that means lol JRO03L is on the way