Default Moto Q8 on Win 6.1 Excellent. English takes a few extra steps

To Load Windows Mobile 6.1
1 Goto http://mobilemodding.info/tools
2 Download Motorola USB Driver v3.5.0 for Windows 32-bit
3 Install the driver
4 RSD Lite 3.9.1
5 Install the software
6 Obtain the 24R version of Win Mobile 6.1 and unpack/extract it from rar or zip. address available from this forum.
7 Switch off phone, disconnect the phone from USB.
8 Stop / Close MS ActiveSync (not sure if this is necessary, but I did it)
9 Start RSD Lite
10 Start phone ini FLASH MODE - from off status, press and hold “a” and “return” at the same time
11 Once in flash mode connect to USB
12 PC will recognize new hardware with new driver, because the phone in flash mode appears to be a different device type than a phone. It takes a little while for the new driver to be installed and configured with the newly found hardware.
13 Don’t worry MS ActiveSync will again see the device as a phone using the original driver once the new software is installed.
14 Ask RSD to find / show devices
15 At the top left select the button with a few dots, which will enable you to locate / browse "file manager" for the place where you have the unpacked 24R version of Win 6.1.
16 Select start. It takes quite a long time. Go and have coffee.

17 When it comes up it will be in Chinese, but you will recognize the cog and wheel of the SETUP icon at the top.. (seventh from the left)
18 Select it. Go to the 11th entry, remembering that the bottom one reads “more”, so don’t count that one, so 6+1 on the first screen.(on mine I click the right navigation toggle to go to the second screen, and select the 5th one down for “regional settings”.
19 The first one is language. There are only two languages on this software release, click the button down which brings up the list and select the second one, it is US English. (I have found that simply toggling left and right does not work predictably)
20 Click left menu button which in English would read "Done". and click it again and then the off button or home button to make sure you get our of setup and that your selection is saved.
21 switch off and restart the phone.

Win 6.1 is especially good for those who want to use English and occasionally use Simplified Chinese or other Asian, as the menus for selecting input and the defaults are all improved dramatically.

Also cannot get threaded SMS to work and do not have the registry tweak that is floating around.

Other registry tweaks are available for getting rid of the annoying and embarrassing sounds and beeps on the Q8, especially for business users.

Regards