Sprint EVO 3D CDMA ICS release has started

Search This thread

twcrosno

Aug 25, 2010
Downers Grove
I called Sprint today to see if anyone knew when Sprint was going to start releasing ICS to our EVO 3D phone and the guy told me it has already started as of this week, but I have not seen anything on XDA or when I Google it. I could have bad info, so I apologize in advance if I am wrong, I am just posting what the Sprint rep told me. Has anyone received the prompt for ICS yet?

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
Rule of thumb, don't ever trust anything a rep making 10 dollars an hour tells you. They will lie and tell you ANYTHING to keep you happy.

Reactions: a5ehren

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
I called Sprint today to see if anyone knew when Sprint was going to start releasing ICS to our EVO 3D phone and the guy told me it has already started as of this week, but I have not seen anything on XDA or when I Google it. I could have bad info, so I apologize in advance if I am wrong, I am just posting what the Sprint rep told me. Has anyone received the prompt for ICS yet?

Cool story bro.

twcrosno

Aug 25, 2010
Downers Grove
I hear you about believing what they say. Half of them look at you like a deer in head lights and say " I have no idea" then the others want to act like they know something no one else knows. I will just keep my fingers crossed that Sprint can get the stick from out of their back end and get the ball rolling. So, coal you heard August?

XandroidX

Jul 21, 2011
San Marcos Ca
42574393-8073-58c0.jpg

this is Red 5 standing by.....
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
I hear you about believing what they say. Half of them look at you like a deer in head lights and say " I have no idea" then the others want to act like they know something no one else knows. I will just keep my fingers crossed that Sprint can get the stick from out of their back end and get the ball rolling. So, coal you heard August?

That's what the article linked to from this post says. We'll see.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1777944

Save the Drama for your Mama with Tapatalk 2

runcool

Dec 24, 2010
They started to release it this week but it won't arrive to us until 2013.

On the now network from sprint!

OH WAIT! DID YOU GUYS NOT HEAR!?!?!? Just got word from the CEO that he is now refusing to release it until 2025. LMAO!!!!! OF Course I don't have a source... he told me by mind control and made me type it. omg! what did I type!? omg!

twcrosno

Aug 25, 2010
Downers Grove
Wow! It is like the trolls are just waiting under the bridge to come out at any chance they get. I guess it is my own fault for sharing information that wasn't a for sure, I know no one has ever done that here without flamers coming out of the wood work.

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Wow! It is like the trolls are just waiting under the bridge to come out at any chance they get. I guess it is my own fault for sharing information that wasn't a for sure, I know no one has ever done that here without flamers coming out of the wood work.

I think you misunderstand. Nobody is flaming you. They are flaming Sprint. "Early 2012" changed to "June/July" changed to "early August", so people are jaded at this point, especially with the news that ICS on the Desire HD was cancelled (http://www.brightsideofnews.com/new...-update-for-desire-hd2c-angers-community.aspx). Please don't take it personally.:laugh:

Reactions: Roosafur

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Sprint called me today and asked when ics was gonna be released. I informed them its been released it on xda for the last 2 months and we already have devs working on jelly bean.

Who cares about the update.

Really? They called me asking if it was a chocolate ice cream sandwich or make with chocolate chip cookies. Then they asked if they can buy them in bulk since so many people were craving ice cream sandwich right now. I told them they just missed that boat and to invest in Jelly Belly.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint called me today and asked when ics was gonna be released. I informed them its been released it on xda for the last 2 months and we already have devs working on jelly bean.

Who cares about the update.

Weird, I just now called Sprint and they told me it wasn't coming for at least a month ;)
    I was told that its coming in nevuary

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app
    This thread has it all. Trolling, bad jokes and so much more. :D
    They started to release it this week but it won't arrive to us until 2013.

On the now network from sprint!