Instruction + Files on How to Un-bricked and Band unlock Droid 2 Global with 629 ROM

Search This thread

Spaz_Static

Jan 10, 2012
Raleigh
SuperOneClick freezes every time I run it when it trys to restart the ADB server. Can I just use psouza's one click? That works flawlessly for me.

Ah, heck with it, I'll give it a try. If I brick my phone permanently, I'll just keep using my Galaxy Nexus (just wanting to use the droid as a kick around phone while I'm in Basic Military Training)

Well, psouza wasn't working either, so I fiddled with my device, and it's apparently doing this weird thing where it goes invisible and I have to restart it to make it visible to ADB again... It made rooting in the first place a bear....

Last edited:

Spaz_Static

Jan 10, 2012
Raleigh
Well, right now I can't do step 15 because my phone goes into bootloader mode after seemingly starting up properly. It shows the red Moto M and then will blink and start the bootloader. I can make it to go stock android recovery by holding x, and have done the wipe data/factory reset as instructed and this keeps happening. The bootloader screen looks perfectly normal except that it keeps invoking itself without any input.

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
Well, right now I can't do step 15 because my phone goes into bootloader mode after seemingly starting up properly. It shows the red Moto M and then will blink and start the bootloader. I can make it to go stock android recovery by holding x, and have done the wipe data/factory reset as instructed and this keeps happening. The bootloader screen looks perfectly normal except that it keeps invoking itself without any input.

After step 14 then you need to bypass the activation before you can go to the setting.

If you still have problems, please repeat ALL steps carefully then you should be OK. (it only take me around 15 mins for ALL steps). Do not skip any step.

Last edited:

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
Tried it all again, still no luck :( Same message as before. I can search for networks, but when I select it I get the message. Any ideas?

It's happened to me too because durring the processe, I missed 1 step (too many beer :p ) and it could happen to you too.

I recommended you to re-do ALL the steps again, do not skip any and make sure it on sequence (All process only take me around 15 mins)

FYI, I have been doing this unlocked for 7 phone already with this procedures.

Good luck.

Spaz_Static

Jan 10, 2012
Raleigh
After step 14 then you need to bypass the activation before you can go to the setting.

If you still have problems, please repeat ALL steps carefully then you should be OK. (it only take me around 15 mins for ALL steps). Do not skip any step.

Problem is that the phone wasn't booting into android. I would get the motorola splash and then the phone would reset and go straight into the bootloader. I tried starting back at the beginning, but nothing seems to be working. flashing back to 608 has end result "FAIL"

bhigham

Jan 28, 2009
For those trying to run Super One Click, it is considered a virus by Windows, (mine calls it an android exploit, which it is) so depending on your antivirus, it likely won't let you run it without disabling the antivirus, and it might actually disable superoneclick when unzipping it. So, you will need to disable your antivirus both to unzip and to run superoneclick.
Another option for those doing this step would be to use the CD that I put together for unbricking, as that includes a root script, that doesn't require multiple reboots of the phone, and doesn't run under windows. The CD actually contains everything necessary for this process except what has to be done with RSDLite.
Here is a link for that thread, which has links to download the CD etc.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1701862

aveli032

Dec 8, 2008
after all the steps my droid doesnt have 3g and the wireless doesnt work

any thoughts ???.........

thanx

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

after all the steps my droid doesnt into 3g and the wireless doesnt work

any thoughts ???.........

thanx

also not sure if its connecting to the net through the gsm data network..........

Last edited:

key5000

Apr 10, 2009
aveli032,

Seem like you missed a steps that restore the nandroid, I recommened to redo all steps over.

mrcool_2991

Apr 8, 2010
excellent thread...extremely useful information for noobs like me...the missing files can be easily found online....thanks xda...thanks dude...
:good::good:

bhigham

Jan 28, 2009
For band unlockers, there should be a much simplified option, if someone wants to try it.
I put together a 629 SBF cd, that includes the new method of rooting 629. This would allow one to band unlock by
1 Flashing 330 with rsdlite
2 flashing 629 with the new CD
3 Root the phone with the new CD (if you have 1Gb or less of RAM, reboot the computer first, or it will run out of space to unzip the rooting file)
4 Install recovery bootstrap
5 Bootstrap recovery and install TBH band unlock.

It would need to be tried out and verified, but the CD is currently available at
https://rapidshare.com/files/2650843793/D2G_4.5.629_SBF-and-RootCD.iso
md5 is
579d7d5095fc2560205033456db150a2

Theoretically, you could even do all of this without losing your current setup, but not sure if that would work well or not. It would take a couple of extra steps, as you would first need to root and bootstrap recovery, and make a nandroid backup. Then you would do the 5 steps I mentioned, but would also restore the nandroid backup at step 5. No guarantees that would work, but very possible.

pichardo7

Mar 12, 2009
Mexico D.F
telecun.zzl.org
what i-smartsim??

I am one of the (un)lucky owners of a non-unlockable D2G. I was able to use it to make calls with a SIM interposer (i-smartsim), but wasn't able to get data working on the 850Mhz band (900Mhz worked fine on EDGE, with another carrier). After following this how-to, now I get full speed 3G (H+) on my "locked" D2G using i-smartsim!

I know that I shouldn't use data with the interposer, that it will probably burn out, but I just feel better knowing that I can use data now if I need to :)

Hope this helps, and thank you for the post, key5000!

i need to unlock but i try
http://sim-unlock.net without luck they sendme a code but not work...

you buy this???

http://www.focalprice.com/MX192X/Universal_iSmartSim_Unlock_Card.html

Jakeroxs

Jan 2, 2011
The link to download takes me to my home with the error at the top-
"This invite is for another account (toyohelpdesk@toyotires.com)"

:/

whiterabbit1

Nov 6, 2010
albany
Ok as tward the root access with the sbf when it says fail click show devices in rsd lite and you phone will say complete and then auto reboot and run the rest of the program after that as tward one click sorry they are for phones before .621 I think
superuser is gainable with the sbf file only so try it out
The sbf is rootdroid2 a995 sbf zip google it unzip and run the command and run rsd lite then after the program says to flash the sbf rsd lite the phone after that the flash will say fail then just click on show devices and the phone will auto reboot after full reboot run the rest of the program
Happy rooting
Sent from my droid3 on ics cm9 4.0.4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

qh8519a

Aug 9, 2012
phone will not boot

OK, so I think I messed up and when I turn my phone on, it won’t boot. I have a droid 2 gobal that is SIM unlocked, rooted (as far as I know), and on 2.3.3. I can get to the recovery screen by holding X, but since the SD card was not mounted (since the phone didn’t boot I assume), I can t load anything from the SD card or connect it to the laptop.
I think I started messing up around step 10 - I rebooted to recovery from bootstrap, but could not find anywhere to make a back up. …So I made a back up with clockwordmod. I completed step 11, but I was unable to flash the ISO file in step 12. Now that my phone won’t boot, what my next move. Could someone advise me how to flash the ISO file is how do I flash the ISO file? I am a programmer by trade, but I have never messed with any mobile devices….so any direction would be helpful.
Thanks
Drew

bhigham

Jan 28, 2009
Ok, if you look up at post 53, there is an alternate method, with fewer steps, if you are looking to get on AT&T or T-Mobile.
If you have already flashed step 11 using RSDlite, you are now ready to use a live linux CD (or USB) to get back on a newer build, while keeping the radio from the older build.
The CD linked in post 53 will flash the current build, which can now be directly rooted, rendering the need for a nandroid backup obsolete.
The CD must be either burned as an image to CD or to a bootable USB using unetbootin, and then boot off of that.
Hope this helps

qh8519a

Aug 9, 2012
critical error during USB SBF

So I tried the .ISO in post 53 and that did not do the trick either. It seems that when i do the flash from USB drive, it always gives a critical error. I make the USB bootable via unebootin and the USB boots fine. I select 1 to flash SBF but I always get a critical error. Is there some thing I am missing in the USB flash process?

Thanks
Drew

Ok, if you look up at post 53, there is an alternate method, with fewer steps, if you are looking to get on AT&T or T-Mobile.
If you have already flashed step 11 using RSDlite, you are now ready to use a live linux CD (or USB) to get back on a newer build, while keeping the radio from the older build.
The CD linked in post 53 will flash the current build, which can now be directly rooted, rendering the need for a nandroid backup obsolete.
The CD must be either burned as an image to CD or to a bootable USB using unetbootin, and then boot off of that.
Hope this helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]Start Updated on 7-20-2012

****** Due to heavy download from wordwide users, Dropbox has temporay disabled my Public share because the traffic. ******

I had to created a new PRIVATE share to keep ALL files alive

In-order to download the files you need to have account with DropBox and click here to download

To help keep all links alive, please open new account with Dropbox by click here http://db.tt/AxpJcW9F , you will receive 2.5 GB of FREE cloud storage which can acces anywhere, anytime.

End Updated on 7-20-2012

After spend days reading hundred threads on multiple sites, I have come up with a quick instruction in 1 page on how to unbrick D2G and unlock the band to use on CDMA, GSM network such as Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. (Sim must be unlocked by calling Verizon or using third parties unlocked from internet search)

All credit will go to the original posters; I'm just combined all together to create an instruction easy for new users plus all the files download are in one place too.

Copy files from step 5, 6, 7, 9 and 18 to SD card before perform "How to" steps below:

How to un-bricked and band-unlock Droid 2 Global:
    1. Flash 608 SBF using RSDLite (VRZ_A956_4.5.608_1FF_01.sbf) (press up arrow on keyboard while power up to enter flash mode)
    2. Flash Repack_629 SBF using RSDLite (BL=2 BOOT REC CDTf__Repack_629.sbf)
    3. Reboot, wipe data and cache (press x on keyboard while power up then press volume Up+Down at the same time )
    4. Enable Unknown Source and Development features in Setting (To Bypass activation, press TopLeft, TopRight, BottomRight, BottomLeft (above Emergency))
    5. Root D2G withSuperOneClick v2.3.3
    6. InstallOtaRootKeeper, Run Protect-root then temp-unroot
    7. Reboot to recovery then install 629 OTA update.zip then reboot(Blur_Version.4.5.608.A956.Verizon.en.US.zip)
    8. Open OtaRootKeeper and restore Root
    9. InstallDroid 2 Recovery Bootstap.apk then Reboot to Recovery
    10. At Clockwork Recovery, run Backup the nan-droid
    11. Flash 330 SBF suing RSDLite (VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.sbf) --> After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry
    12. Flash 608 using EzSBF on USB stick (1KDStaz_D2G_4.5.608.iso) --> After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry
    13. Flash Repack_629 SBF using RSDLite (2_BL=2 BOOT REC CDTf__Repack_629.sbf)
    14. Reboot, wipe data and cache
    15. Enable Unknown source and Development features in Setting
    16. Root D2G with SuperOneClick v2.3.3
    17. Install Droid 2 Recovery Bootstap.apk then Reboot to Recovery
    18. At Clockwork Recovery, Wipe Cache and install band unlock (TBH_Band_Unlock_v2.0.zip)
    19. At Clockwork Recovery, run RESTORE the nan-droid (the one that backup on step 10)
    20. Reboot phone then it should be able to us AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon and enjoy

If you have any questions or problems, please post it here so we can help.

Please post your feedback here after your phone is unlocked.

Also, please select your RATING :good: at the Top Right of this post

Regard,
    KEY
    For band unlockers, there should be a much simplified option, if someone wants to try it.
    I put together a 629 SBF cd, that includes the new method of rooting 629. This would allow one to band unlock by
    1 Flashing 330 with rsdlite
    2 flashing 629 with the new CD
    3 Root the phone with the new CD (if you have 1Gb or less of RAM, reboot the computer first, or it will run out of space to unzip the rooting file)
    4 Install recovery bootstrap
    5 Bootstrap recovery and install TBH band unlock.

It would need to be tried out and verified, but the CD is currently available at
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2650843793/D2G_4.5.629_SBF-and-RootCD.iso
    md5 is
    579d7d5095fc2560205033456db150a2

Theoretically, you could even do all of this without losing your current setup, but not sure if that would work well or not. It would take a couple of extra steps, as you would first need to root and bootstrap recovery, and make a nandroid backup. Then you would do the 5 steps I mentioned, but would also restore the nandroid backup at step 5. No guarantees that would work, but very possible.
    D2G88, please read the whole line that is marked “11” again.

I repeat, please read the line corresponding to step 11 again.

Once you're done reading it again, please give it a little thought.

Open your mind. Let the text settle in your mind.

Read again:

After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry

Take a short break, maybe 5 minutes or 15, to let it sink in.

Once it sinks in, proceed to step 12.

If it doesn't, repeat my instructions about rereading the line again.
    D2G still needs the sim card slot unlocked
    try
    http://sim-unlock.net/
    or
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221218969616

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

more here
    SIM-unlocked

I've ordered from http://sim-unlock.net and received 2 codes in about 30 minutes.
    The first code worked and now I can use the Droid 2 Global with a Vodafone sim card (from Romania)
    check to see what baseband version you have, should be under settings/about.
    it should be "N_01.48.05R"
    if its not, then something got messed up and you don't have the Radio from 330