[Q] Annoying orange box!!

Search This thread

DrCherryCoke

Jul 10, 2010
Houston, TX
I've only recently started to have these orange boxes highlight everything all throughout the UI. It is so ****ing annoying!! I don't know if I messed with a setting of some kind or if it's an app that's causing it but I want it off! I've searched the web for an answer to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to this? :confused:

Edit: I have uploaded a screenshot for those who do not know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Its not a show touch setting in dev options is it?

bow chicka wow wow.

killyouridols

Sep 15, 2009
Essex
Using a kernel with an overclocked GPU? They can tend to cause screen artifacts if your device can't handle the increased clock speed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

akira02rex

Nov 7, 2010
Are you on the stock rom unrooted?

If not Id suggest backing a backup with CWM, perform a full wipe. If that fixes it then it could be a third-party app causing it.

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
I'm rooted stock. I will try wiping.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

To be sure it all wipes ok, connect to fastboot and type: "fastboot erase userdata"

That will erase ALL data, even the internal "sd-card". I remember a user here had a really painful bug where his home button wouldn't work and there was no lockscreen and that was all solved by erasing userdata through fastboot.

Jarsky

Jul 16, 2012
having the same issue here as the OP. It doesn't seem to be Nexus specific, I have a Galaxy S3 (i9300T) running ICS 4.0.4.
I have rooted (cf-root) the phone and am running Siyah kernel. Have gone through every single setting I can find in Android & browser, have also uninstalled all the 3rd party Apps without any resolution.

It seems that the orange box surrounds the first submit/input field and affects anything text based - my default browser, chrome, facebook app, etc...I've just realised now I can also have multiple boxes on each screen if i've visited the link.

I got really frustrated because this 'orange box' left me in a google account login loop whenever I try to use the browser to search google.com. As google account is the first link on the mobile page. It's reaaaaally frustrating!

Will have to wipe and reinstall again but hopefully this is of some help to others.

n5lp2gpa.e2k.png

Dragn4rce

Jun 29, 2012
Anaheim
Turn this off. That'll solve the box issue.

Hit the thanks button if this work So I know.

EDIT1: I just read this thread. You guys seriously went to point of wiping and formatting your phone????:p:rolleyes:

Can't believe I'm the only one who knows about this.:D

6c43bf20-1bbb-2286.jpg

--------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you.... hit that sexy thanks button. ^_^

Last edited:
W

WiredPirate

EDIT1: I just read this thread. You guys seriously went to point of wiping and formatting your phone????:p:rolleyes:

6c43bf20-1bbb-2286.jpg

Nice find, I figured it would be an option in settings. You saved me the time of finding it myself.

Hung Wei Lo

Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

6c43bf20-1bbb-2286.jpg

Thank god for you guys! I've had this issue on my RAZR for a while now, but just now got around to looking this up..I kind of panicked when I didn't see the "Enhanced web accessibility" option - but there's an "Install web scripts" option and that was it...thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

6c43bf20-1bbb-2286.jpg