[ROM] [SPRINT] AOKP (Jellybean 4.2.2) Task & Ktoonsez Run a Train (04/23)

Search This thread

ANTHONY81L

Account currently disabled
Jun 14, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
It does NOT destroy battery at all, all you need to do is do 1 reboot and then they usually fall in line for the most part. :D

This ROM is effing great!

Does that look like a battery destroyer?!

Sent from my Jelly Beaned Galaxy SIII

1) you haven't even rebooted. Why?

2) if you consider 2% in 3 hours a "battery destroyer" then I would consider you crazy. Mine did that for 4 hours yesterday while testing and I only lost 3%. It definitely doesn't drain battery.:)

Haters gona hate lmao

hate ? wtf r u talking about ? did i try rebooting ? yes 3 times ... im not understanding why i cant talk about a flashing led light that wont stop blinking without some wise ass remark . nobodys hating on the rom i was excited when i saw the update being that i have been running the last build all week . its a bug and i posted about it relax yourselves

big_boludo

May 24, 2012
Finally talked my brother into letting me put this on his S3. I love how fast it is! Looking forward to more ROM Control goodies. Keep up the good work!

memoerdezguey

Feb 23, 2011
LoS AnGeLeS
Damn led lights blinking like crazy here too...any e.t.a's on a fix? LOL I know the answer, ill learn about developing roms and ill fix it a.s a.p! Ha, beat u to ur sarcasm...winning!

ks2332

Jun 29, 2010
westerville,ohio
Anyone cross your fingers hoping it was a new build a page back :D
Jk guys love the update damn near showtime it feels like
Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
hate ? wtf r u talking about ? did i try rebooting ? yes 3 times ... im not understanding why i cant talk about a flashing led light that wont stop blinking without some wise ass remark . nobodys hating on the rom i was excited when i saw the update being that i have been running the last build all week . its a bug and i posted about it relax yourselves

Please don't post here anymore. Reasons why...

1) you are not even helping by posting what you did without a log cat. What do you want us to do without information? This is a development thread and without the proper information development slows downs

2) your attitude sucks.

If you think that replying with my attitude sucking, don't waste your time. I maintain this thread along side with ktoonsez. Our attitudes can be however we want. ;)

Reactions: il buono

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Damn led lights blinking like crazy here too...any e.t.a's on a fix? LOL I know the answer, ill learn about developing roms and ill fix it a.s a.p! Ha, beat u to ur sarcasm...winning!

There is no sarcasm when I say that. Its a fact dude. It would be more helpful if instead of people whining about issues they're having and post that bs without proof or a log cat. They should start coding and submit patches to further this project.

Please do not post here anymore. This is a development thread. You should probably remember that we don't even have to do this and we do this for free. We don't even own this device! So why would we take any bullsh$t from users like you and continue to support you guys? Answer. If more people act like you it will end fast. Stop cluttering the thread with meaningless bs and contribute to the development of this project. Thanks. :D

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
@Everyone

We have received barely anything for log cats or proof of these bugs that are being posting. If you do not have proof of the bug (log cat) or cannot at least take the time to produce some information that can help us fix the bug. DO NOT POST IT HERE! If we get no information , its basically useless to post it. Its more annoying also. Its like saying "I have a problem. Fix it." That's not how this works guys.

lowlow5683

Jun 1, 2012
Heres a dumb question i reviewed past post on here an maybe overlooked it but sorry for asking but would anyone consider this a daily driver me personaly i love all of aokp i ran all there work on my sprint nexus and that was winning lol and now i "upgraded" to s3 and cant find a rom yet that can even compare to them so just wondering even with the bugs if this could be a daily driver now i know someone out there is going to tell me to download a see for myself but just wanting some honest feed back please and all developers i dont care what people say u are what our phones need to keep us out here sane love all ur time and effort thank you

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Heres a dumb question i reviewed past post on here an maybe overlooked it but sorry for asking but would anyone consider this a daily driver me personaly i love all of aokp i ran all there work on my sprint nexus and that was winning lol and now i "upgraded" to s3 and cant find a rom yet that can even compare to them so just wondering even with the bugs if this could be a daily driver now i know someone out there is going to tell me to download a see for myself but just wanting some honest feed back please and all developers i dont care what people say u are what our phones need to keep us out here sane love all ur time and effort thank you

To be considered a daily driver would have to be the users opinion. So this is something you have to try for yourself. I don't want this thread being clogged up with non-development posts. So either try it out for yourself. Or don't. ;)

shiftedx

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
@Everyone

We have received barely anything for log cats or proof of these bugs that are being posting. If you do not have proof of the bug (log cat) or cannot at least take the time to produce some information that can help us fix the bug. DO NOT POST IT HERE! If we get no information , its basically useless to post it. Its more annoying also. Its like saying "I have a problem. Fix it." That's not how this works guys.

Is there any word on a possible LTE fix or anything I could do to help you guys help the sprint community get it fixed? I've mentioned it in other threads (CM10) I live rite next to an LTE tower and have constant 4G signal.. anything I specifically I could do then pull a logcat for you to look at?

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Is there any word on a possible LTE fix or anything I could do to help you guys help the sprint community get it fixed? I've mentioned it in other threads (CM10) I live rite next to an LTE tower and have constant 4G signal.. anything I specifically I could do then pull a logcat for you to look at?

Have you tried looking up your official APN settings? If you did, did you set them in the APN config tool, reboot and re-test?

Last edited:

shiftedx

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Wow the amount of hate in this thread is ridiculous!

These guys port their ROM over to our phone without even having the device and you guys have the nerve to tell them they aren't true devs? I've used Tasks work in the past and will continue to do so in the future. He knows what he's doing and wether he copy and pastes code or not I will choose an AOKP or Task650 ROM over most.

.. pay a little respect around here and maybe our phone will continue to have great developers work on it, if you don't like it leave.. think you can do better prove it end of story. Now lets get this thread back to actual development so these guys without a Sprint Galaxy S3 can get some work done rather than just piss in the wind trying to fix bugs everyone vaguely describes to them.

How To Get a Logcat:

in ADB type adb logcat or if you want to be funny adb lolcat

on a side note, Ktoonsez Sprint Galaxy S3 has no option to see the APN settings under mobile networks unfortunately. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is because I haven't had much time to look into it but I would expect it to be a RIL problem if anything. I did have the LTEVO just before getting the S3 and it did actually allow you to view sprint 4G APN settings in their mobile network. I may try to get ahold of the information from that forum and give your idea a shot because who knows sometimes its the most obvious things :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me & task650 wanted to keep you guys up to date with the latest AOKP releases until they pickup this device and start building. This has been built from AOKP Team & CM Teams source. :D
    taskktoonsezopbanner3.png
    A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team​
    If you have any problems after flashing this ROM read the line below...
    Preemptive Task650 answer - "Full wipe and reflash" *jthatch12*​
    ALSO READ THE 2ND POST!!!
    awesomeflashy.gif

cooltext678102564.png

1.) If ANYONE asks a question that's been answered in the FAQ or OP, DO NOT RESPOND TO THEIR POST. (It should hopefully force them to search)

2.) If ANYONE trolls this thread. DO NOT RESPOND. Me and Red5 will take care of it. (Leaves less cleanup for Red5 and we keep a clean thread)

3.) Leave personal opinions of each other out of this thread or do that stuff via PM.

4.) Have fun in this thread. As most of you know I like to joke around and keep things light. Not everything can be development related. It takes the fun out of these forums.

If we can all just do these simple things I'm sure this thread will get back to where in needs to be. More people including myself will actually like coming into this thread.

changelog2.png

Code:
    [B]
    [B][SIZE="4"][U]Changelog (Build 4.23.2013)[/U][/SIZE][/B]
    Updated Kernel (Tons of changes)
    Qcom Display Updates
    Killed Choppy/Laggy Transition Animations when Opening/Closing apps
    Added Block Private Numbers To Blacklist Options
    Toggles are in alphabetical order now
    Fixed recents minimization animation 
    Fixed Potential FC on Hiding NavBar
    Updated to latest Trickster Mod
    Updated to latest Nova Launcher
    Gapps package updated to latest everything (Make sure to download it!)
    RAM Bar View optimizations
    LED Charging Colors Updated
    Added AOKP Ribbons (ROM Control/Ribbons)
    Lockscreen Targets Speed Optimizations
    Added Auto-Open Keyboard when Quick Reply is opened.
    cLock Updates
    Added Haptic Feedback Intensity Options (Device Options/Haptic. This doesn;t seem to be working properly yet. I will be working on it. I DO NOT NEED REPORTS!!!)
    Added additional RIL props
    Set Interactive Permissions for PowerHAL

[B][SIZE="4"][U]Changelog (Build 4.9.2013)[/U][/SIZE][/B]
    [B]Fixed no Data
    Kernel updates
    services: don't clear wallpaper when SystemUI
    Lots of Audio Updates from codeaurora
    Updated for 3.4 Kernel implementation 
    Added my 3.4.39 Underwear Kernel [/B]
    [I]Some Features Include:[/I]
    [LIST]
    [*]Unclock/Slight Overclock
    [*]Undervolting
    [*]Moar Governors
    [*]Moar IO Schedulers
    [*]Moar Win
    [/LIST]
    [B]Updated to the latest adreno drivers
    Allow enabling WebSockets from Labs Preferences in Broswer (HTML5)
    Lockscreen: adjust layout of GlowPad
    Fixed NavRing Icon size
    Fixed potential deadlock between LockScreen and WindowManagerService
    Graphics cleanup (qcom)
    Fixed rebooting from recovery (Was writing to the wrong partition)
    Updated Vibration Patterns
    Fixed a cursor leak
    Fixed a race condition in backlight adjustment
    Added Traditional Toggle style (ROM Control)
    Updated Transparency Settings
    Added 8 Lockscreen Targets (The bottom target might be cut off. Don't use that one if you don't like how it looks. I'm not going to move the center of the lockscreen. ;) )
    Added a ton of qcom audio and display changes
    Killed some more Memory Leaks
    Reworked Lockscreen Targets (This had to be done. The old code I was using just wasn't working anymore with all the newer code.)
    Reworked NavRing Options (Has it's own menu in Rom Control now.)
    Changed middle quality to high quality for A2DP streaming to solve the issue of distortion in higher frequencies of music playback. 
    Updated User Selectable Tablet Mode (The dimensions should look a little better now.)
    Fixed Bluetooth Voice Dialing
    Set correct initial NFC toggle state 
    Fixed Force Close if no toggles are set
    Add setting in security for sms message rate alerts from CM
    Finally Renamed "Chronus" to "cLock" to keep up with CM 
    Lots of cLock updates
    Updated SuperSu and su to latest version
    Merged a ton of qcom changes
    Added CRT Animation Options (Rom Control/General UI)
    Added Breathing SMS Notification Icon (Look in Mms/Settings for the option)
    Added Performance increase in thumbnail handling
    Fixed force close if app is uninstalled and in Navring
    Switched to opensource SuperUser (There is a SuperUser option in settings for it now)
    Fixed landscape for phones and having more than 4 targets selected
    Fixed recents opening when waking the device with the home button without lockscreen
    Lockscreen Section of ROM Control has been totally revamped (They are all in one place now.)
    Lockscreen Targets Updates (All 8 Targets will fit in the Lockscreen perfectly now.)
    Mms Breathing effect is fixed (It can now be turned off and on properly)
    Lots of cLock Updates (You can choose colors for it now.)
    Hide items when not viable on certain devices (This means most settings in ROM Control that are not available for this device shouldn't show up anymore. ;) )
    Added Quick Pin Unlock (Settings/Security)
    Added CMs Calculator (More functionality)
    Mms: Changed useragent and profile to i9300 (Works better)
    Added Sleep Toggle (Pressing toggle will turn off screen)
    Added Status Bar Hide toggle
    NavBar Buttons Overhaul
    Enable support for WebGL in Browser (Look in Browser Settings/Labs)
    Added Ring Delay Feature (Phone/Settings)
    Fixed force close when trying to adjust radio band via *#*#4636#*#* dialer code
    Added Increasing Volume option for Deskclock
    Added flip and shake to snooze option to Deskclock 
    Updated a ton of strings in ROM Control (Menus are a little less likely to be misunderstood.)
    Updated Performance Control
    Added Backlight Curve Adjustment Settings
    Added Scrollable Toggles
    Added Allow 270 degree rotation (ROM Control/General UI)
    Added Allow device to return to sleep (Mms/Settings)
    Added ability to allow Lockscreens to be themed when using themes
    Prevent Kill Task from killing SystemUI
    Fix memory leak when creating SkBitmapProcShader
    Added option to disable camera sounds
    Added Screenshot Toggle
    Added Screenshot Delay option
    Disable fast toggle if traditional/scrollable style is active
    Added Reboot Toggle
    A couple A2DP updates
    Fix memory leak when creating SkBitmapProcShader
    Crashes in Apps fixed
    Removed mpdecision all together (There's no need to have it considering my kernel has auto hotplugging))
    Added Cell Broadcasts (Settings/More)[/B]

AOKP Jellybean 10.31.2012
    Updates to Optimus 4x Lockscreen (Looks way better. Still a WIP!)
    Weather updates. Added options to hide Weather Panel and Long click/Short click actions. (Rom Control/Weather)
    Updated Kill App option (It won't kill the default Launcher now.)
    Fixed aspect ratio for notification wallpaper 
    Clock and Date Long click/Short click Options Updated
    NavRing Updates
    Just check out AOKP 

AOKP Jellybean 10.22.2012
    Fixed Typo in Phone Settings (It's now back to Landscape Mode ;) )
    Graphical glitch when choosing Launcher on bootup is fixed
    Loud In-Call Volume Fixed. *Should* be for everyone now
    Updated sqlite.so (Should make things in Settings, MMS app, ect.. a little faster)
    Tablet UI has it's own section now
    Lots of Lockscreen Target Updates (Make separate targets for Unlock and Homescreen, 6 Target fix for Phones in Landscape, etc...)
    Updated Rom Control Icons
    Added Recents RamBar (Look in Rom Control/General UI)
    Added Landscape while in call
    Updated NavBar Widgets
    Updated Nova Launcher
    Add Ring/Vib/Silent & Homescreen toggles to the lockscreen 
    Lots more...

AOKP Jellybean 10.16.2012
     Updated Kernel
     100% Of the screen flickering is gone.
     Lots of Qcom display changes
     Menu Unlock Bug fixed
     TWRP Recovery fully works with our OTA Updater (You need to update to the latest v2.3.1.0)
     Added timeout and instant lock option to slide lock (Look in Settings/Security)
     Location Provider Updates (Means a way faster GPS lock. Mine locks instantly now.)
     Added LockScreen Vibrate Selection (Look in Rom Control/Lockscreen)
     Added Alternate Signal Layouts
     Fixed issue when unselecting all Toggles
     Added option for Vibrate On/Off Notification Expand (Look in Rom Control/General UI)
     Added Nav Bar Widgets
     There are a ton more of changes I made but there is no way I'm taking the time to put them all in this changelog. I have to go back to my real job now. 
    You can always check out AOKP 

Updated to Android 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
     One finger notification should work for everyone now (Watch THIS if you don't know what it is.)
     Updated OTA Updater (It now works with TWRP Recovery. Go into OTA Updater Settings and UNCHECK CMW Recovery if you are using TWRP!)
     Updated CM Kernel 
    Loud In-Call Volume is fixed
     You can adjust Volume while in a call now
     Charging LED works now.
     Fixed 2GToggle longpress action 
    Added Menu UI Overflow Toggle 
    Reverted UMS (It didn't work)
     Lots of commits from CM
     Removed LTE Toggle because it sucks. 

AOKP Jellybean 10.6.2012
    Updated CM Kernel
     Added LED Charging (This commit hasn't been merged into mainline. I cherry-picked it. So if it doesn't work right. Expect it. I don't need bug reports or logcats for any issues it has. I already know! )
     Added LTE Toggle (Not sure if it works properly.I'm not in an LTE area today. Consider it a work in progress.)
     Added "Network Mode" Toggle )
     Really loud In-Call volume should be fixed
     Added Alternate Default App Picker (Rom Control)
     Set WiFi to "Always On" by default
     Updated apns-conf.xml to include Rogers
     Added USB Mass Sorage (It was merged by AOKP but it doesn't work. I will be taking it back out in the next release because it's useless.)
     Lots of commits from CM
     Just check out AOKP [/B]

installation1.png

If you are already on AOKP and doing an update:
    1. Make a nandroid (backup in CWM)
    2. Format /system
    3. Wipe cache
    4. Wipe dalvik
    5. Install new ROM zip
    6. Install gapps

If you end up with issue or coming from another ROM, do this:

1. Wipe data/factory reset
    2. Format /system
    3. Wipe cache
    4. Wipe dalvik
    5. Install new ROM zip
    6. Install gapps

downloads4.png

ROM flashable zip:
    http://goo.gl/rD7Do

You have to flash Gapps every time you flash an update!
    4.2.2 Gapps flashable zip (3.4.2013):
    http://d-h.st/Bbf

Be sure to read POST #2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    contribute1.png

If you want to donate to me just click the "Donate to me button" under my avatar or click the PayPal Button ---->

Or Donate to Task650! Here -----> http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=2928662

These guys spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage them, and everyone else who helps out.
    Donate to Romanb here
    Donate to Whitehawkx here
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble here
    Donate to ProTekk here
    Donate to Sethyx here
    Donate to Cyanogen here

source2m.png

Check out the ROM source ( https://github.com/AOKP ) on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    @Everyone

As you should probably know. We do not own this device. We own the AT&T version. So we are pretty much blind on the device. We need you guys to be as descriptive as possible about the bugs that you encounter. Try and provide as much information as you possibly can. Logcats are cool and last_mseg are necessary for us to trouble issues!!! ;)
    New release available here or just check you OTA Updaters. ;)

Changelog d2spr (4.1.2 JZO54K) Build 12.2.2012
    AOKP Jellybean 12.3.2012
    I won't bullsh$t you guys. I'm not sure what all is changed. I didn't sync up for a while since I've been concentrating on 4.2. But there were a lot of changes from what I did see.
    Removed CM File Manager. Not necessary to be packaged with this ROM. You guys can grab it on your own if you want it.
    I know there's more but who cares. This is a new release.

DOWNLOAD HERE
    This is for Underwear, naked pics of Me & Ktoonsez, and Corvettes
    New release available here for download or just check your OTA Updaters. ;)

Changelog
    AOKP Jellybean 10.16.2012
    Updated Kernel
    100% Of the screen flickering is gone.
    Lots of Qcom display changes
    Menu Unlock Bug fixed
    TWRP Recovery fully works with our OTA Updater (You need to update to the latest v2.3.1.0)
    Added timeout and instant lock option to slide lock (Look in Settings/Security)
    Location Provider Updates (Means a way faster GPS lock. Mine locks instantly now.)
    Added LockScreen Vibrate Selection (Look in Rom Control/Lockscreen)
    Added Alternate Signal Layouts
    Fixed issue when unselecting all Toggles
    Added option for Vibrate On/Off Notification Expand (Look in Rom Control/General UI)
    Added Nav Bar Widgets
    There are a ton more of changes I made but there is no way I'm taking the time to put them all in this changelog. I have to go back to my real job now. ;)
    You can always check out AOKP
    GerritHERE

DOWNLOAD HERE