Jellybean

Search This thread

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
So is the hp tp ever getting jb? I saw teasers a while back but no news since.

Couldn't find another topic on the subject

Sent from my using xda app-developers app

ve6ay

Nov 20, 2010
Alberta
Work is progressing on it. If you'd looked in all of the Touchpad forums, you would have found an oft-beaten thread about it in Touchpad General. It's being worked on, and will come when it is ready. Please don't ask for a date, because nobody knows, and the more you ask, the slower dev's will work.

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
i have to disagree. theres been no news since the little teaser video. who knows if anyone is still working on it. its being held behind closed doors so no one else can contribute. and people are basically saying "no one else talk about it or work on it because there might sorta be this one guy who may still be working on it but you may never know". and its kinda sad cause it feels like we are waiting as if this was a manufacturer release which is not what these forums are about.

Reactions: Kflan22 and Delvien

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
+1^^ If we just had something, we could all work on it and give advice/opinions. Things could/would be moving at a much faster rate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (4.1.1) using xda app-developers app

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
If I knew how to port I would be working on one myself, but alas..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
i saw that. its very interesting. a shame that its not daily driver ready. but, finally! an update! and, something actually released to public. this is more what xda is about.

slyr114

Oct 9, 2011
Cleveland
its very smooth and there dont seem to be THAT many bugs besides the fact that audio does not work what so ever. Wifi works fine. Video doesnt seem to work either at least not in the youtube app it just says to retry. So ya def not a daily driver but besides all the driver stuff it is smooth.

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
its very smooth and there dont seem to be THAT many bugs besides the fact that audio does not work what so ever. Wifi works fine. Video doesnt seem to work either at least not in the youtube app it just says to retry. So ya def not a daily driver but besides all the driver stuff it is smooth.

Its a placebo effect. I have a Gnex with real JB, and the experience isn't even close. I'm convinced that project butter has a lot to do with the kernel now, because, cm9 nightlies still feels quicker, even with UI interactions. Which is mostly what JB is about.

Not trying to troll, just saying it like it is, with an unbiased opinion.. I want it to be butter smooth, as much as, anyone else here.

Last edited:

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
for true "project butter" you need more advanced hardware acceleration. since hardware acceleration isnt working at all, its indeed not as smooth as it could be. butter is made up of faster frame rate ui animations that do work, and an old gaming trick called triple buffering. this is why one person will say its smoother, while another will say its less smooth.

Reactions: nikeman513

nikeman513

Apr 8, 2011
So I had JB installed. I plugged my touchpad in and it registered as charging last night. Woke up with 0 battery. So in other words, it wasn't actually charging. Now my touchpad won't turn on at all. I get the plug that says unauthorized charger that everyone just loves!

Don't use this ROM!! If devs can read this, take off the link until that problem is fixed. Now I won't be able to use this for at least 24 hours...

Reactions: jerryatherton

slyr114

Oct 9, 2011
Cleveland
So I had JB installed. I plugged my touchpad in and it registered as charging last night. Woke up with 0 battery. So in other words, it wasn't actually charging. Now my touchpad won't turn on at all. I get the plug that says unauthorized charger that everyone just loves!

Don't use this ROM!! If devs can read this, take off the link until that problem is fixed. Now I won't be able to use this for at least 24 hours...

I installed it yesterday and it charges just fine. Something went wrong with your flash or charger cause there are no issues in that regard....

irie111

Oct 8, 2012
Charging issue

Well, I don't know about everybody... But I don't have my original charger, so I use an extra charge block from an older Palm Pre... These are apparently lower in output amperage and when the unit is completely off will by default give a message about using the correct charger, but it does indeed charge although slowly, this message has nothing to do with the flashing as it did this bare stock... HOWEVER, after flashing this CM10 ROM I too woke up to mine being completely dead even though it was plugged in all night... The ROM was running great the little bit I had to play with it so far... I did not have this issue with the CM9 ROM, but can't help thinking that this not using the correct charging block has something to do with this issue... So don't feel bad, it's not just you, I have the EXACT same problem as you have stated... I'm charging with the unit off now and will do further testing, hopefully an easy fix for this surely... I want it to charge regardless of the block amperage, I have different chargers all around the house and office and have always used them all in the past without issue... I am a first time poster to XDA, but a far cry from a NOOB, and look forward to contributing more into the future...

irie111 :cool:

P.S. - Great work guys on these android ROMS’s, I am/was a webOS lover like many of you I’m sure and just hate how that project has gone down the drain, it was without doubt, and remains, the best concept for a phone/tablet OS PERIOD... I used my Pre 3 and TouchPad stock right up to the point of becoming sickened by the lack of apps and long term device selection option... I do however love android and now have a newer Android phone for the obvious reasons (APPs, support, performance, latest hardware, etc) and am thrilled the good ol’ Touchpad is so capable... I really wasn't aware of how great the specs were on this thing until I looked into the CM9 flash... Plus I love flashing and customizing anyway... Much thanks to the DEVS that make this possible!!!... :good:

Last edited:

tlmacson

Mar 7, 2012
Charging problem as well

I installed the cm-10-20121216-Experimental-tenderloin... on Jan 3rd and it appeared that everything went well in the installation except that my TP won't charge while running CM10. I have to reboot into webOS to charge (using original TP charger) and after charging is complete I reboot back to CM10. Any suggestions for fixing this issue? Also, battery seems to drain much faster on CM10 than webOS. Is that normal? Other than the charging issue I'm loving my TP more than ever.

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
I installed the cm-10-20121216-Experimental-tenderloin... on Jan 3rd and it appeared that everything went well in the installation except that my TP won't charge while running CM10. I have to reboot into webOS to charge (using original TP charger) and after charging is complete I reboot back to CM10. Any suggestions for fixing this issue? Also, battery seems to drain much faster on CM10 than webOS. Is that normal? Other than the charging issue I'm loving my TP more than ever.
Check Settings -> Storage -> USB something or other (in upper right) -> MTP.

Reactions: tlmacson

irie111

Oct 8, 2012
Second that

Thanks, problem solved.

I can also tell you that after I ordered the proper high amp tablet USB charger block the problem is fixed without changing this option as well, but this is great and allows it to charge on a standard USB computer port as well, although slowly... Thank you guys for the support on this!!!... :D

superboy123

Jan 13, 2013
Chennai
I also installed this.
just turn on mtp device mode in settings>storage and tap 3 circles on top right. and enable mtp.
this should help:laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have to disagree. theres been no news since the little teaser video. who knows if anyone is still working on it. its being held behind closed doors so no one else can contribute. and people are basically saying "no one else talk about it or work on it because there might sorta be this one guy who may still be working on it but you may never know". and its kinda sad cause it feels like we are waiting as if this was a manufacturer release which is not what these forums are about.
    In case no one informed you all...

Ahem, unofficial cm10 everybody :D
    http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/preview

Do a nandroid before completely wiping in case you want to go back.
    for true "project butter" you need more advanced hardware acceleration. since hardware acceleration isnt working at all, its indeed not as smooth as it could be. butter is made up of faster frame rate ui animations that do work, and an old gaming trick called triple buffering. this is why one person will say its smoother, while another will say its less smooth.

Check Settings -> Storage -> USB something or other (in upper right) -> MTP.