Galaxy S3 or Iphone - poll on BGR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

databaiz

Aug 3, 2012
Kuwait City
Why not both?

Seriously though, I don't need much from android, but a jailbroken iPhone is a must for me, I use a lot of tweaks and apps that's not yet available on android, but device wise, S3 is a really awesome phone, sharp screen, high resolution, Apple must really do it with "their new iPhone" since most people I know either switched to S3 or considering switching to it, after all it is a great device and value for money.

with33

Jul 7, 2012
Lol i have had my s3 for almost a month and when i compare it to my friends iphone 4s it just destroys it i assune same will go for the ip5.

But tbh apple makes there money off lawsuits now adays lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

GeekyNitz

Jun 29, 2012
Pasig City
I don't understand why every single phone must be compared to iPhone. I'd take a Nokia 5110 over an iPhone any day.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

GeekyNitz

Jun 29, 2012
Pasig City
I'm will buy the iPhone 5 when it is available because:
- it is an iPhone
- it is the best device
- Apple is the best company
- iPhone is more expensive than other devices so it has to be better
- Everyone has an iPhone
- All the Actors, Actresses and Entertainers have an iPhone
- the iPhone is heavy and built strong
- it has a lot of apps
- people wait on long lines for the iPhone so it has to be the best phone or people wouldn't wait on the long lines
- the iPhone is indestructible
- I want to support Steve Jobs.
- it has the Apple logo which looks cool, and people known that I am Hip
- having one shows I don't follow the crowds, and am able to make my own decisions.
- the iPhone has basically remained unchanged for years, so it must be the best device, as other manufactures keep changing their devices because they are subpar.
- it doesn't have a removable battery or SD card because it adds weight and it's better not to have them. It makes the iPhone more indestructible,
- when Apple decides it is in the best interest of their customers to do so, Apple will make changes to the iPhone.

If I think of any more Great reasons to own the iPhone. especially the Great iPhone 5, I'll be sure to post them.
I hope the above reasons haven explained why the iPhone is the Best, and helps others to make their decisions based on these Facts.
Thank you.

UPDATE:
- I know people who have told me that they have accidentally went swimming with the iPhone in both the Pool and the Ocean. The iPhone continued to work without consequence. This means the iPhone is also Waterproof. Apple doesn't say this because of Liability reasons, But this is just Another reason to buy the iPhone. UNBELIEVABLE!!

I coudn't resist ;)

Oh my glob. I don't wanna live in this planet anymore. You're so stupid just reading your post makes me want to cry. Lol

LiquidNarwhal

Jul 20, 2012
London
Oh my glob. I don't wanna live in this planet anymore. You're so stupid just reading your post makes me want to cry. Lol

haha I don't think he realized that sarcasm doesn't necessarily translate into other languages he wasn't being serious, he was poking fun at the typical iPhone user.:p

Reactions: Biker1

speedyjay

Oct 22, 2011
Farnborough
So your in the S3 general section trying to choose between the S3 and an i****....that's like taking a bar of Cadburys into the Mars factory and trying to choose between them....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Aimara

Jun 17, 2012
I would go wit a iphone 5 jus for the resale value and the ios good there releasing to many android phones so after a month ur phone is old also the value on ur android drops so fast it's unreal

droid razr maxx

the resale value of iphone is cause by supply and demand by iphone fans and of course blind followers who are willing to pay high price for a phone with cheap internal parts , monkey see monkey do

Last edited:

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
the resale value of iphone is cause by supply and demand by iphone fans and of course blind followers who are willing to pay high price for a phone with cheap internal parts , monkey see monkey do

The iphone is worth a lot of money because it is the best phone. An apple product cost more because people wait on long lines for days in the rain for one, so that they may buy the first phones because they are rare and collectible.

neo6776

Jul 19, 2009
Dundee, Scotland
I dont care what u say all im saying jus lik a iphone u get tired of using ur droid phone especially when u c the next one and next one and next one coming out and then ur device is not getting the next update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Jesus Christ! Drop the text speak and learn to punctuate properly...

Absolutely unreadable!

jacksonwwl

Jan 26, 2012
Samsung the only issue is firmware update are too slow, but for rooting, is easy...
this also meaning, Samsung phone has no security function..
even you lock SIM, PHONE, and a lot a lot setting.. went into recovery mode.. everything can be deleted..
and brand new phone for the thief...

Iphone... good security... hard to JB (depend on version) but troublesome...
user frenly.. but not developer frenly..

anyway... smart phone without JB or ROOT, considered as idiot phone...

Aimara

Jun 17, 2012
Samsung the only issue is firmware update are too slow, but for rooting, is easy...
this also meaning, Samsung phone has no security function..
even you lock SIM, PHONE, and a lot a lot setting.. went into recovery mode.. everything can be deleted..
and brand new phone for the thief...

Iphone... good security... hard to JB (depend on version) but troublesome...
user frenly.. but not developer frenly..

anyway... smart phone without JB or ROOT, considered as idiot phone...

iphone has good security? problem is nobody wants to steal it ,recently my friend got his samsung note stolen in a pub , on the table there was several iphones ,only his note got stolen , go figure it out

also iphone is way to common , it looks like a standard issue phone

Last edited:

Mithrandir007

Aug 25, 2007
Rixensart, Belgium
I dont care what u say all im saying jus lik a iphone u get tired of using ur droid phone especially when u c the next one and next one and next one coming out and then ur device is not getting the next update

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

The problem with the next iPhone is that you'd already be tired of it before even buying it, since there are only minor differences between the previous model.

Reactions: Amritttt

zkyevolved

Apr 17, 2008
I can't believe the amount of people who actually recommend rooting when for sure without root any android device is much more capable than an iPhone. My mom's Motorola flipout can do more! Sure the camera isn't as good but she has based on her location the Wi-Fi turns itself on or off, from my phone I can see where she is if she needs help. Notifications are superior on android by far. Ios is a lame copy. I have my pictures and music synced every night over OTA with dropbox sugarsync etc. It's fantastic the things you can do without root over ios. That's all I have to say.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - it is an iPhone
    - it is the best device
    - Everyone has an iPhone
    - it has a lot of apps
    - people wait on long lines for the iPhone so it has to be the best phone or people wouldn't wait on the long lines
    - having one shows I don't follow the crowds, and am able to make my own decisions.
    - the iPhone has basically remained unchanged for years, so it must be the best device, as other manufactures keep changing their devices because they are subpar.
    - it doesn't have a removable battery or SD card because it adds weight and it's better not to have them. It makes the iPhone more indestructible,
    - when Apple decides it is in the best interest of their customers to do so, Apple will make changes to the iPhone.

If I think of any more Great reasons to own the iPhone. especially the Great iPhone 5, I'll be sure to post them.
    I hope the above reasons haven explained why the iPhone is the Best, and helps others to make their decisions based on these Facts.
    Thank you.

UPDATE:
    - I know people who have told me that they have accidentally went swimming with the iPhone in both the Pool and the Ocean. The iPhone continued to work without consequence. This means the iPhone is also Waterproof. Apple doesn't say this because of Liability reasons, But this is just Another reason to buy the iPhone. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Update #2:
    - The iPhone 4s has been used by Astronauts to make phone calls and texts from the I.S.S.
    Some of Astronauts have even been able to use Apps from the International Space Station.
    They have even used Apple's GPS system to guide the Shuttle back to Planet Earth when the native system failed.
    Simple Amazing!
    Imagine what the iPhone 5 will be able to contribute to society!!
    The iPhone....... Truly a Smartphone Above & Beyond the boundaries of Planet Earth!!
    Now throw those Androids away, and pick up the iPhone 5 when it's made available!!

I coudn't resist ;)
    Wow what a sheep

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

I declare you King Troll.
    and if you truly feel the way you say, then that would fit you perfectly in the stereotypes of iSheep and wannabe hipsters.
    No offense.

Seriously guys? He's obviously sarcastic, and poking fun at the ACTUAL iSheep.

Sent from my MB508 using xda premium
    - it is an iPhone
    - it is the best device
    - Everyone has an iPhone
    - it has a lot of apps

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I coudn't resist ;)

I would go wit a iphone 5 jus for the resale value and the ios good there releasing to many android phones so after a month ur phone is old also the value on ur android drops so fast it's unreal

droid razr maxx

You buy a phone based on the resale value? Not because of usability and your own liking? :eek:
    I also think that Tom Cruise and John Travolta both own and use the iPhone religiously. Two other heroes of mine, in addition to Steve Jobs, the Freedom Hero of Cellular devices, who encourages Developers to Utilize the Open Source iPhones, of which there is no equal. The 2 Scientologists, whom exude Freedom of Personal Expression to its Upmost.
    Long live the iPhone, and Famous People who use them. The Best thing about the iPhone??
    It has Apps!!

And Remember the following:
    Resistance IS Futile.
    You WILL be Assimilated.
    I am Apple,
    You are Apple.
    We will ALL be Apple.