[MOD] (Now working 100%) Volume Wake For SynergyRom, Beans Stock + Nosympathy [MOD]

Search This thread

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
I created a little mod for Synergy Rom and now Beans Stock Rom, and Nosympathy Rom . Its simple....You press the volume button, up or down, and it wakes the phone. I love this mod because it is a lot easier for me to just press the volume button to wake the phone rather than using the home button or power button when i am holding it in my hand.

1. Place on sdcard
2. Make a nandroid
3. Reboot Recovery
4. Flash zip
5. Reboot.
6. enjoy

If anyone else wants this mod that isn't on synergy rom but is on a deodexed rom, i will try and try and make it for you just post your android.policy.jar which is in system/framework folder.

Update: i figured out how to get this mod working 100% of the time, even when the phone is in deep sleep state. The link below is for Synergy 1.5, Beans Build6 and NoSympathyRom

Update #2 - seems to not want to work sometimes in deep sleep state, although it is working more often then initially

Please hit the thanks button if you like :eek:

Attachments

• VolumeWakeMod-Synergy1.5.zip
    376.2 KB · Views: 106
  • VolumeWakeMod-BeansStockRom-fixed.zip
    425.3 KB · Views: 53
  • VolumeWakeMod-Nosympathy-Rom-fixed.zip
    424.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

idelgado782

Jul 29, 2008
Union, NJ
Awesome! Just downloaded going to give it a shot! Its cause with my other android phones, i've always seen mods like these, but I never decided to flash it. I guess theres a first time for everything.

Edit: Also I hit my limit of thanks for today, so i'll come back tomorrow and hit that button!!!! But THANK YOU! lol.

Last edited:

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Whatever the lastest one is. I downloaded the rom a few hours ago and took out android.policy.jar and modified it. Same goes for all the other roms. Works with the latest builds as of tonight

what's the chance you can be the savior in the light for using the volume rockers to skip songs when the screen is off? I have been messing with it on and off for a few days and have gotten nowhere.

Reactions: mtndragon

justinglock40

Jun 27, 2010
Tacoma
I created a little mod for Synergy Rom and now Beans Stock Rom, and Nosympathy Rom . Its simple....You press the volume button, up or down, and it wakes the phone. I love this mod because it is a lot easier for me to just press the volume button to wake the phone rather than using the home button or power button when i am holding it in my hand.

1. Place on sdcard
2. Make a nandroid
3. Reboot Recovery
4. Flash zip
5. Reboot.
6. enjoy

If anyone else wants this mod that isn't on synergy rom but is on a deodexed rom, i will try and try and make it for you just post your android.policy.jar which is in system/framework folder.

Edit: I have just made the mod for for
-Nosympathy Rom - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3443821/VolumeWakeMod-Nosympathy-Rom.zip
-Beans Stock rom - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3443821/VolumeWakeMod-BeansStockRom.zip

Could you possibly make a volume rocker for taking camera pictures

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

skiddingus

Sep 12, 2011
Canton Ohio
My wife and I are both using Nosympathy's latest deodexed rom with the latest stock kernel and radio. I put the volume rocker mod on both of our phones and at first it seemed to work great. Then after using it a while, I noticed that sometimes, especially after the phone sits for a while, the volume rocker will not wake the phone on the first press. Sometime it will take 2 or 3 or maybe 5 or 10 presses. Once you wake the phone it seems to work fine for a while as long as you are frequently using it. Is anyone else having the same problem? I'm not using any power saving options. The only other mod I am using is the 15 toggles.

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
My wife and I are both using Nosympathy's latest deodexed rom with the latest stock kernel and radio. I put the volume rocker mod on both of our phones and at first it seemed to work great. Then after using it a while, I noticed that sometimes, especially after the phone sits for a while, the volume rocker will not wake the phone on the first press. Sometime it will take 2 or 3 or maybe 5 or 10 presses. Once you wake the phone it seems to work fine for a while as long as you are frequently using it. Is anyone else having the same problem? I'm not using any power saving options. The only other mod I am using is the 15 toggles.

Yeah sometimes if it is in a real deep sleep that can happen, especially if you have cpu sleep App, where is shuts down one of the processors. Do you have that app?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

skiddingus

Sep 12, 2011
Canton Ohio
Yeah sometimes if it is in a real deep sleep that can happen, especially if you have cpu sleep App, where is shuts down one of the processors. Do you have that app?

Nope. I have no power saving anything on my phone. The volume rocker wake used to work every time on the Verizon Nexus even with different kernels designed to sleep better for power savings. The S3 seems to wake if you tap the volume key several times quickly when it is being stubborn. I still love the mod but I hope it can be tweaked to be 100% reliable. Has anyone experianced this with other kernels or is it just the stock kernel?

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Nope. I have no power saving anything on my phone. The volume rocker wake used to work every time on the Verizon Nexus even with different kernels designed to sleep better for power savings. The S3 seems to wake if you tap the volume key several times quickly when it is being stubborn. I still love the mod but I hope it can be tweaked to be 100% reliable. Has anyone experianced this with other kernels or is it just the stock kernel?

No its not just the stock kernel because I am on imo's kernel. This mod is actually from my gnex. I changed the same smali code that I did on the gnex. I do remember that I had issues with it not working after deep sleep on some Rome but others it worked flawlessly. I will keep looking into it

skiddingus

Sep 12, 2011
Canton Ohio
Sometimes? that sucks, so it's hit and miss whether or not it wakes up from a volume key press? better than 50/50 i would hope?
It's the same way on Nosympathy. It works well if you have recently used your phone. It is hit and miss if it has sat for a while. It must have something to do with what stage of sleeping that the phone is into. Still better than nothing. I like it.

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Sometimes? that sucks, so it's hit and miss whether or not it wakes up from a volume key press? better than 50/50 i would hope?

It's the same issue in aokp, if the phone is in a deep sleep from not being used for x period of time it doesn't seem to work. I. Still trying to figure out how to make it always work. As soon as I figure it out I will upload the package. Until then it just works when not in deep sleep.

Reactions: prenedo

skiddingus

Sep 12, 2011
Canton Ohio
It's the same issue in aokp, if the phone is in a deep sleep from not being used for x period of time it doesn't seem to work. I. Still trying to figure out how to make it always work. As soon as I figure it out I will upload the package. Until then it just works when not in deep sleep.

Do you mean AOKP on the S3 or AOKP on the Galaxy Nexus? I used to use the AOKP rom on my Nexus and the volume wake worked flawlessly. I believe the phone would sleep properly too. I had amazing battery life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Place on sdcard
    2. Make a nandroid
    3. Reboot Recovery
    4. Flash zip
    5. Reboot.
    6. enjoy

Update: i figured out how to get this mod working 100% of the time, even when the phone is in deep sleep state. The link below is for Synergy 1.5, Beans Build6 and NoSympathyRom

Update #2 - seems to not want to work sometimes in deep sleep state, although it is working more often then initially

Updated op. Now working in deep sleep

Whatever the lastest one is. I downloaded the rom a few hours ago and took out android.policy.jar and modified it. Same goes for all the other roms. Works with the latest builds as of tonight

what's the chance you can be the savior in the light for using the volume rockers to skip songs when the screen is off? I have been messing with it on and off for a few days and have gotten nowhere.
    Can u make a mod that skips music tracks by holding the volume buttons while the screen is off? I will pay u. We have a bounty going for this mod.