This is the initial release of the N8+ ROM for Nextbook 8 Premium and other M810c clones like BQ Kepler and PMP5080B.
It's based on ICS 4.0.4, fully rooted, EXT4 partitions, has Market and other Google Apps, and a lot of other equally great things.
This is a very fast ROM, and with some modifications like the Real Tablet UI it will give you the right feeling of using a tablet device.
- ICS 4.0.4 (IMM76D)
- EXT4 partitions (CACHE, DATA and SYSTEM)
- Superuser + su (v3.2)
- Busybox (v1.19.4 Full)
- Zipaligned + Deodex'd
- init.d script support
- /data/app enabled
- Dalvik cache size 64m
- Density is set to 120, Real Tablet UI
- Included boot.img to prevent malfunction of G-Sensor and rotation
- USB modes: MTP, PTP, Mass Storage
- Google Play store (v3.7.15)
- YouTube HD (v4.0.23)
- Maps & Street View (v6.9.2) - Working without GPS
- Google Play Music (v4.3.606.400990)
- Google Talk (v4.0.4-299849) with Video Chat
- GMail (v4.0.5)
- NTFS Mount 1.3 (uninstallable)
- Cifs Manager (uninstallable)
- OI File Manager 1.2 (uninstallable)
- N8+ logo as bootanimation
- Launcher persistant in memory
- Removed eFun crapware + all unnecessary apps
- GPU acceleration enabled
- Stagefright library enabled
- Wi-Fi scan interval improved
- Touchscreen response improved
- Touch speed improved
- CWM Recovery (v18.104.22.168) Touch EXT4 included
- Download the pack and extract it.
- Copy ext4-format-script.zip and n8plus-r1.zip to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off the tablet.
- While your tablet is off, hold the VOL - button and plug in the USB cable.
- Your system will now ask for drivers, which are located in LowLeve-RK29xx-Tools\Drivers, guide the wizard to that location..
- Your tablet will be recognized as RK29 device, and now you run RK29update.exe and you should get a message saying that your tablet is detected.
- Double check if you have Parameter, Misc, Kernel and Recovery boxes selected and if they are click on Format. When formatting is done, click Update.
- Tablet will reboot and enter touch recovery.
- Now go to “install zip from sdcard” -> “choose zip from sdcard” (or choose zip from internal sdcard if you copied the files to internal memory)
- First install ext4-format-script.zip. This script will format your partitions as EXT4.
- When formatting is done, install n8plus-r1.zip and after that reboot the device.
- That's all folks! Enjoy N8+ ROM!
N8+ r1b2 @ Ge.tt
N8+ r1b2 @ Minus
= Revision 1 =
* Initial release
= Revision 1 Build 2 (fixed) =
* Fixed kernel incompatibility with certain devices G-sensor
* Boot.img is not included in the ROM, now separate
* Framework-res.apk optimized to 3,89MB
* Removed the double Vending.apk occurance
- If you want to restore the tablet's density to MDPI (stock), open build.prop and change the ro.sf.lcd_density to ro.sf.lcd_density=160
Comments are welcome! If you're Serbian you can feedback at my blog and the official ROM post N8+ ROM r1 @ Zemlja koda i meda
I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE, INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Live long and prosper!