Originally Posted by natetrim
So, no dice. I rooted and installed that app. When I run it, it asks for root, then kicks out the message: database error unable to access database is video chat enabled talk installed. I must be missing something.
Here, you go, i just did it and it works perfect!
1. Download SQLight editor from the market
2. If you don't have a good file manager also get Root Explorer from the market.
3. After both are installed - use Root Explorer to browse to /data/data/com.google.android.gsf/databases/gservices.db and click on it
4. Now click on "main"
5. Scroll down to gtalk_vc_wifi_only - highlight and hold
6. Press "Edit Record" and change the "value" to false instead of true
Droid 1,Apple Iphone 4,Samsung Captivate,Motorola Atrix,Samsung Galaxy s2,Apple Iphone 4s,Samsung Galaxy s3,HTC One X+, Asus Nexus 7 2012,Samsung Galaxy Note 2,Samsung Galaxy S4,Nexus 5
Current Devices-Nexus 7 2013, Note 3.