Verizon GS3 is now Bootloader UNLOCKED.
We now have access to an unsecure bootloader. This was leaked by an African-Canadian Sock Monkey.

Let me make this clear. If Samsung updates your device's bootloaders, using this tool could potentially brick your device. Once you apply this, never accept a factory update without first flashing the Odin Packages in the Original Post of this thread. As a general rule, you want to be the last guy to apply any Samsung update. Run custom.

As of the date of this posting, this works great on Linux and it should work wonderfully on Mac too. NOTE: this may work on windows, but please, windows users.. learn to use your computer before you ask questions on XDA-Developers. This is one-click on Linux and Mac every darn time. If you're using Windows, I recommend downloading Windows Ubuntu Installer(WUBI) to install Ubuntu from within Windows.

Download
http://d-h.st/ypJ

Instructions:
1. Open this file
2. Select Root with DebugFSRoot and Do It
3. Select Flash Unsecure Aboot and Do It
4. Use Odin or CWM to flash kernels to your device

To flash from device without the above tool:
  • root your device
  • Download this link to your /sdcard/Downloads/ folder: http://d-h.st/Piq
  • Type this in the terminal emulator
    Code:
    su -c dd if=/sdcard/Downloads/aboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5

This was tested with a Sprint kernel flashed via Odin. Although the Sprint kernel caused the device to have a blank screen due to hardware incompatibility, it's more than enough for a proof-of-concept. Stock bootloaders will not let you flash improper kernels with Odin and will cause the device not to boot. This corrects the problem. I'll leave implementation to other developers. If you feel uncomfortable flashing this on your own, wait for your favorite kernel developer to release something.

Note to developers: This CASUAL package contains everything you need. A jar can be opened as a zip file. CASUAL format sticks all scripts in the /SCRIPTS/ folder. You can obtain all files needed from within this package, then repackage them into CWM format. In order to avoid a mass brick fest, please apply an assert to your CWM scripts to verify ro.build.version.incremental and do not allow updates past what has been tested. As of the time of this writing I535VRALG7B is safe.

With the unlock of the GS3, this thread is locked. There will be no victory dancing in here. Move along to General or something. This thread will lie dormant until it is needed again in the future. Ralekdev will be releasing another exploit in the future as soon as this one stops working. Feel free to review what was learned until then.

P.S. Sorry to those who I have offended by having posts removed. I'm also sorry to those who had their intelligence insulted before I had both of our posts removed. I hope you understand that in 6 months from now when everyone forgets about this thread but needs to catch back up, the information will still be right here in condensed format.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
Wanna see the longest Linux BASH script ever made? click here.