Note the below ClockWork recovery images use the external sd card for storage due to the small size of the internal sd card
Version 6.x will fall back to the internal SD card if no external card is found.
Using Stock Recovery
Use the Volume Up/Down keys to scroll up or down, then press the key to make a selection.
Menu descriptions / purposes
ClockWork Recovery Installation
- reboot system now: this option turns on your phone.
- apply update from sdcard: this option allows you to apply updates from your memory card to your phone.
- wipe data/factory reset: deletes all data from the phone except pictures and videos.
- wipe cache partition: allows you to delete all cache data such as log files.
- install fota: allows you to install over-the-air firmware.
Courtesy of Android Forums
- Root device (see above for instructions)
- Enable debugging on device
- Plug into computer
- Copy recovery image to sdcard (download links below)
- Run adb shell
- Optional -- Backup stock recovery: dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/stock_recovery.img
- dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
- adb reboot recovery
Motorhead Recovery Images (Current): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2188936
TWRP 22.214.171.124 (KemoNineBuild; Update.zip installer): apache_twrp_126.96.36.199.zip
ClockWork Recovery 188.8.131.52 (KemoNine Build; Update.zip installer): apache_cwm_184.108.40.206.zip
Stock Recovery Image: stock_gingerbread.ucla4.img