Or Continue to Thread: [Updated] Cracks in case! Let …
Find Your Device:
23rd December 2008, 05:25 PM   |  #248  
Thanks Meter: 0

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjaap

Yellowjaap - Vodafone Netherlands - cracked near stylus, crack in silver line in middle

Exactly the same here. Vodafone (NL), 08W44, cracked near stylus, paint coming of near the silver line (at the top of the phone), crack in the silver line.

I planned to return it to the store tomorrow, I'm wondering what they will say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincew

For the Dutch people among us; Sony Ericsson NL acknowledges the problem with the cracks now, more info:

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/57458/son...xperia-x1.html

I just read this newsitem and I'll try to translate the most important part of the item for our fellow Xperia-owners who don't speak Dutch:

Dutch (quoted from item):
Quote:

Volgens Sony Ericsson gaat het om een klein percentage van het aantal verkochte Xperia's. "We hebben er tot nu toe procentueel niet veel terug gekregen." De fabrikant kent het probleem inmiddels, maar bekijkt van geval tot geval of het onder de garantie valt. "Als de hele behuizing in duigen ligt, lijkt het me duidelijk dat de gebruiker er iets raars mee gedaan heeft. Zijn er haarscheurtjes en verder niets, dan is de kans groot dat het onder de garantie valt." Als de scheurtjes niet te erg zijn, wordt het frontje vervangen. In het uiterste geval krijgt de koper een nieuw toestel.

English (translated):
Quote:

According to Sony Ericsson it concerns only small amount of phones. "We only received a relatively small amount." The manufacturer acknowledges this problem but they will investigate every individual case like a unique case. "When a housing is completely wrecked it is obvious that the owner did something weird. When there are only a few cracks and nothing further then there is a big change that this is covered by warranty." When the cracks aren't very significant, the housing will be replaced. In extreme situations the phone will be replaced.

(My English is far from perfect, but I hope it will be clear for everyone)
Last edited by Archatos; 23rd December 2008 at 05:27 PM.