Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamliner330 View Post
Agreed. I'd love to see some pics as well.
Ok..so I didn't do a good XDA job by taking pictures of the work done inside the phone and I don't want to risk popping one of my corner snaps on the flexible back cover by reopening. I honestly didn't think anyone would want to try this...but I have posted some pictures of the after mod side profile of the phone.

So I will try and explain what I did...note DO NOT BLAME ME if you cut yourself, damage your screen, phone, desk or anything else. Do this at your own risk..

If you decide to do this upgrade I can tell you it is very simple if you take your time.

The base back cover is holding the speaker and antenna. It has about 2 cm of plastic where they stick on the speaker baffle..white sticker that you see after removing the flexible back cover.

Once you remove the 8-9 screws to remove the base back cover from the front LCD,motherboard etc you simply cut down the left and right side of this area by about .5 cm then with a sharp box cutter or blade cut a line that joins your left and right cuts..scribe this line a couple of times so that when you pull it back it will snap the extra plastic in a clean straight line.

By removing this extra .5 cm of plastic you will allow EB40 to fit into the phone better and allow for the base back cover to reinstall cleaner. Also the EB40 is shorter than the EB20 so once you installed the screws for the power connector of the battery push it down so that you have more space across the top of the battery box in the phone.

Carefully snap back in your base back cover securing the top screws by the speaker, flash camera first..do not over tighten..you are putting screws into plastic and can strip out the holes..

Once you got the base back cover back in test your phone speaker, flash, camera, power button and volume up down..once you know everything is good. reinstall the flexible back cover again starting from the top of the phone. This will allow it snap back into place and secure the battery inside the phone...

You are now done...again you can see from my pictures you can not tell it has a 3200 mAh battery installed..but can feel the additional weight.

The phone is now running and hold a charge like it should have been from day one..again I only need to figure out how to get the battery meter calibrated correctly to map the voltage to percentage...if someone to help me with this I would be grateful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4683.jpg
Views:	5809
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	1295273   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4684.jpg
Views:	5571
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	1295274  
Truth May be stretched but can never be broken
Phones HTC Tilt, HTC Fuze, HTC Aria, Google Nexus, Motorola Atrix 4G, Sony Xperia ION, Current Motorola Atrix HD